Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Maddison] SOLUTION FOUND! New Items! 4/22/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostgurl wrote:
Could "empty house" mean that you should go when there is no one there. that way you would be able to look around the piano.
under the peddles??

yeh I agree with that. I think it means you should go when it's empty so you can poke around Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostgurl
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:
Or maybe he can't believe we havent filled the house yet.

yeah, I looked again and noticed the "?" after empty house.

but check this out, I really think that the drop has to do with the piano!!:

from Blind Tom, The Black Pianist-Composer: Continually Enslaved
by, Geneval Handy Southall
Scarecrow Press (2002):

In addition, his Baltimore concerts of July 1860 had so impressed the famous piano manufacturer, William Knabe, that he gave the ten-year-old slave an elaborately carved rosewood grand piano with a silver plate bearing the inscription "a tribute to Genius."

now let me go wash my face....
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also just a stretch as far as the Wiggins quote goes, but I found a quote from here:

Quote:
One of the earliest concert reviews published in the Baltimore Sun on June 27, 1860 announced to its readers that Tom was a phenomenon in the musical world--"thrusting all our conceptions of the science to the wall and informing us that there is a musical world of which we know nothing."

Maybe the "Empty House?!" part is trying to tell us that there is more to this than we realize, or we need to start looking closer and in a different perspective.

As far as the 6 broken strings I got nothing. What could Zipp be hinting at?
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be good to have puzzle names, or this could get really confusing
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thing some more about the Wiggins quote clue. Wiggins was an autistic savant who was "hired out" to a concert promoter.

Is Mr. Zipp looking for an autistic savant?
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lg15panda wrote:
This is also just a stretch as far as the Wiggins quote goes, but I found a quote from here:

Quote:
One of the earliest concert reviews published in the Baltimore Sun on June 27, 1860 announced to its readers that Tom was a phenomenon in the musical world--"thrusting all our conceptions of the science to the wall and informing us that there is a musical world of which we know nothing."

Maybe the "Empty House?!" part is trying to tell us that there is more to this than we realize, or we need to start looking closer and in a different perspective.

As far as the 6 broken strings I got nothing. What could Zipp be hinting at?

I just found the same quotation posted previously by panda ... could be a hint that there are more musical clues to solve (?)

Also, this thread (and some others) probably could use some better names to help identify each discussion as we continue to try to solve the notes and drops of Maddison Atkins Ch. 1. Maybe we should consider using tags like they do on Unfiction.com forums?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: