Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Me, Sarah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I loved it. Props on the cherry stem Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
hey remember that time plath stuck her head in an oven?

Lmao. That made me laugh a load.

But then again, two minutes earlier I was screaming like a mad russian woman for no reason.

ADHD, much?

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: poetry Reply with quote

We wanna hear some of ur poetry over on the comments LG15 homepage.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherepixie wrote:
marlasinger wrote:

Ouch!

plath was crazy! It's okay, I didn't say I don't like her stuff, but if anyone can tell me that reading Sylvia for a day doesn't make them want to die, I'll be impressed.

She chose an interesting way to go, at the very least. I didn't mean to be offensive. Plath was just a major downer, man.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
nowherepixie wrote:
marlasinger wrote:

Ouch!

plath was crazy! It's okay, I didn't say I don't like her stuff, but if anyone can tell me that reading Sylvia for a day doesn't make them want to die, I'll be impressed.

She chose an interesting way to go, at the very least. I didn't mean to be offensive. Plath was just a major downer, man.

Some people don't believe that she really wanted to die. The gas-oven thing was a test for her new book, or something.

But she wasn't particularly happy. And her voice is pretty unhinging.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unhinging is the word. But I think I like it.
But I'm odd anyways Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plath had tried to commit suicide before and I'm not going to believe for a moment that locking your kids in their rooms and sticking your head in an oven with the gas turned on is "research" for a new book.
Sorry, just doesn't work for me.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
Plath had tried to commit suicide before and I'm not going to believe for a moment that locking your kids in their rooms and sticking your head in an oven with the gas turned on is "research" for a new book.

This is why i get upset when people try to put Anne Sexton in the same category as Sylvia Plath.
Although they both had mental illness, and were both suicidal, Sexton still always looked for the positive. I don't mean up beat happy go lucky bull shit. I mean that she really was always looking for a way to make it (life) work. Intellectually she knew what was right and wrong. But there is not logic when it comes to feelings...Sara?

..thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
marlasinger wrote:

This is why i get upset when people try to put Anne Sexton in the same category as Sylvia Plath.
Although they both had mental illness, and were both suicidal, Sexton still always looked for the positive. I don't mean up beat happy go lucky bull shit. I mean that she really was always looking for a way to make it (life) work. Intellectually she knew what was right and wrong. But there is not logic when it comes to feelings...Sara?
..thoughts?

Of course there is logic when it comes to feelings. ...Or at least there is if you are strong enough to apply it.

My mother told me that she wouldn't allow herself to fall in love with my father until she knew he was interested in making enough money to provide for the family she wanted. Once she found out he was going to be a Physicist, she fell in love with him (and he with her) together they had 8 kids and saw them mostly raised before she died. On the moment she died, my father cried out, "No! She was my best friend!" There was some serious strong emotion in that bond, but neither of them let it get in the way of making logical, well reasoned decisions.

It's that way with life, too. I may not love the life I'm in and I may feel that a decision of death is a h*ll of a lot easier than continually having to make the decision of life; but logic dictates that if there is a God then there is a reason I've been put here and have not died. If there is no God, I only have this one life before oblivion. Oblivion may sound wonderful (and, yes, to me it does) but it's permanent. Life isn't. May as well continually decide to stick around while I actually have the ability to make decisions.

That's the choose life difference between Plath and Sexton. It has nothing to do with emotion and everything to do with logic and intelligence. Plath just wasn't smart enough to work the logic. Don't kid yourself. It takes smarts. It's damn hard to look beyond the pain and emotion is pain. Emotion puts blinders on us when we allow it.

Although I hate quoting the Bible, it actually has the best example of this. When Christ was on the cross, he said, "My God, my God! Why have you forsaken me!" If Christ was God and Son of God, then he knew God hadn't forsaken him! Yet he still shouted that out. For a second he couldn't see past the intense pain, the shame and degradation, to know the truth. Emotion had blinded him. If he wasn't God/Son of God, he was a man who desparately wanted to die because he could make no logic connection past the suffering. (Nor can I, given his situation!)

Blast this forum! I've been posting heavy treatises all evening! I never write this much! And not a single smiley! What has come over me! LOL
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Sarah Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: