Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crazy emo chick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

agree?
yay
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
nay
45%
 45%  [ 34 ]
umm... shes hot.
44%
 44%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 74

allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think hardcore and emo go hand in hand AT ALL, despite that emo has hardcore in it's roots.
Especially "emo" these days.

Today's "emo" is hot topic screamo scenester crap adopted by 15 year olds from their older siblings and exploited to it's full potential.
Basically, boring, and unexceptional, and really not worth all the NEWS COVERAGE?! it's been getting.

This is all so very, very stupid. Especially... that: "if you arn't hardcore then you don't belong in the emo scene"

Are you kidding me?!
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hardcore and hardcore Emo are two very different things...

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

platypusrex256 wrote:

i don't understand your muslim terrorist reference. if muslims were born out of the terrorist scene, your comparrison would make sense. but no. many terrorists are born out of the muslim scene and NOT vice versa.

I'm not talking about which scene people came out of, but stereotypes. Most people think of muslims as extremists with long beards and terrorists. Obviously that's not the case. The same goes with emo IMO.

quote="platypusrex256"]
if you really want to be whiney and fake and call yourself "emo" then i dont care. but just keep in mind that being whiney and fake isn't what the emo scene was origionaly about.[/quote]

Who is this for? Me? I never said I was emo
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to use 'emo' as a generic adjective because you're too lazy to say "emotional" then thats one thing. but if you're talking about the scene, then it has everything to do with it's roots. for example, you wouldn't call prince 'indie' just because he doesn't belong to a record label anymore?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know that "emo" isn't really about flamboyant boys in with eyeliner and girls with tears draw on their faces. I'm saying that that is what it has turned into by all the stupid idiots in America. I hate high school.

I know there is more to "emo" than that. But most emo kids don't even get it. Plus, "emo" music sucks.

I think music can be very emotional without being whiney and full of unoriginal cliches.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Hey, I know that "emo" isn't really about flamboyant boys in with eyeliner and girls with tears draw on their faces. I'm saying that that is what it has turned into by all the stupid idiots in America. I hate high school.

I know there is more to "emo" than that. But most emo kids don't even get it. Plus, "emo" music sucks.

I think music can be very emotional without being whiney and full of unoriginal cliches.

yeah like i said... theatrical. its all fo sho. granted there has always been a strong element of theatre in the emo scene but it used to be more like "look at this guy rip his heart out on stage" and now its more like "look at this guy pretend to rip his heart out on stage"

;-p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the obsession with being emo was piquing in like, 2001, when THOSE 15 year olds would sign up for makeoutclub with sns like xemoxkidx or some horrible song lyrics from Taking Back Sunday or whoever.

I was so wrong...

I see you're from Seattle, platypus. So, it's likely that fads are very different for you right now than they are for me. I moved from Washington down here (small college town in california), so it's definitely a drastic change. No more petticlones, posi bros and indie hipsters, although there are many kids just now catching onto the "scene".
It's very different, and I feel a million times older than I am. Boo.
I'm sick of the word emo so I'm going to shut up
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allisonjenna wrote:
I thought the obsession with being emo was piquing in like, 2001, when THOSE 15 year olds would sign up for makeoutclub with sns like xemoxkidx or some horrible song lyrics from Taking Back Sunday or whoever.

I was so wrong...

I see you're from Seattle, platypus. So, it's likely that fads are very different for you right now than they are for me. I moved from Washington down here (small college town in california), so it's definitely a drastic change. No more petticlones, posi bros and indie hipsters, although there are many kids just now catching onto the "scene".

Do you know what I hate more than fads though? Are the people who think they are so above them, and to say that song lyrics are 'horrible' - the song isn't just about the lyrics.

And for some people who have had bad lives or bad relationships, it is something to draw on.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:
allisonjenna wrote:

I was so wrong...

Do you know what I hate more than fads though? Are the people who think they are so above them, and to say that song lyrics are 'horrible' - the song isn't just about the lyrics.

And for some people who have had bad lives or bad relationships, it is something to draw on.

I'm not above fads, I've been a part of them before, and I will no doubt be a part of them again. That doesn't mean I can't think it's stupid.

If you've (not you, who I am replying to) had a bad life or a bad relationship, then go ahead and delve into some cliche music about killing yourself and never being able to live without the love of your life, although seems like that wouldn't help at all... and since you omg relate to the song, put it's lyrics everywhere to remind you, and everyone you meet, that you are tortured and sad, and can't get over it and try to live a better life.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allisonjenna wrote:

I was so wrong...

haha yes i am quite aware of the fact that seattle is a social anomolie. i should really limit my social observation to seattle becaue i've never really seen another city like seattle. sanfransisco might be close.
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Seattle. I still want to live on Capitol Hill someday. And get a vespa. And start drinking coffee. Just to satisfy my Seattlite hipster fantasies, hahah!

SF is pretty similar to Seattle... except I like Seattle more. But I think it's because I've spent so much time there.

And, I miss Wow's boba and Bamboo Gardens. Drool.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allisonjenna wrote:
If you've (not you, who I am replying to) had a bad life or a bad relationship, then go ahead and delve into some cliche music about killing yourself and never being able to live without the love of your life, although seems like that wouldn't help at all... and since you omg relate to the song, put it's lyrics everywhere to remind you, and everyone you meet, that you are tortured and sad, and can't get over it and try to live a better life.

Dancing
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allisonjenna wrote:
I love Seattle. I still want to live on Capitol Hill someday. And get a vespa. And start drinking coffee. Just to satisfy my Seattlite hipster fantasies, hahah!

SF is pretty similar to Seattle... except I like Seattle more. But I think it's because I've spent so much time there.

And, I miss Wow's boba and Bamboo Gardens. Drool.

i am a pretenitous hipter. i can't lie about it. i play guitar, go to open mic at chai houses (they're cooler than coffee houses), lust after vespa gangs and pride myself in my obscure music collection. going to sasquatch this weekend to see bjork! =D

oh yeah. and i live on capitol hill. i love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor & Sarah All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: