Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Argenteum Astrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exastra
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Argenteum Astrum Reply with quote

interesting to note that the thelemic star on the LG15 site linked to Argenteum Astrum, which is abreviated as: A∴A∴.
a magical order created by Aleister Crowley in 1907 after leaving the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

which just happens to be an abreviated symbol associated with The Illuminati. (as featured in the Illuminatus Trilogy)

It is a Thelemic magical fraternity, the goals of which are the pursuit of light and knowledge. Heavily influenced by Aleister Crowley, the holy book of the order is Liber AL vel Legis (in English, The Book of the Law).

this order has the same motto as Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO): "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".

one of the tasks performed is the recognition that "The word of the Law is θελημα" and that "Love is the law, love under will."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argenteum_Astrum

so this IS about a secret society? coolness!
tannhaus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope...

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1230
Lost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannhaus that made me laugh : )
thelemaman
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argenteum Astrum isn't even the correct name anyway. Razz And the motto of the A.'.A.'. isn't "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" it's "The Method of Science, the Aim of religion". The A.'.A.'. itself isn't Thelemic at all but transcends it. The order is a universal brotherhood that guides the evolution of mankind, you may recognize it as being called the Great White Brotherhood. Periodically the Order chooses a messenger to the world when it is ready and that messenger, the world teacher or Magus, gives us insight into the next step of evolution. The key is a word, in this case "Thelema" and in previous eras men like Moses, Mohhamed, Krishna, Dyonysus, Lao Tzu, GAutama, seven in all though the rest of the names escape me, have given us "words" of power to awaken the next step in our consciousness.

J
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how this awesome cosmic power only sends famous males to help us. Rolling Eyes

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
Amazing how this awesome cosmic power only sends famous males to help us. Rolling Eyes

That is because it was the Aeon of Osiris. In the Aeon of Isis, it would have been the exact opposite...females. In this Aeon, it could be either or.

Last edited by tannhaus on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh, the Aeon of Osiris has mroe to do with predominate cultural reverence for male representatives of the divine than with there actually being only male prophets. The two aeons thus far actually correspond rather neatly to anthropological knowledge of religion and it's relation of the shift from matriarchy to patriarchy. It doesn't mean that all of the spiritual figures in the Aeon of Horus could only be men. (And if Crowley said that, I which I don't recall him, than he's simply wrong) Everyone is a star.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm supressing the urge to pull a Mary Catharine and do the SUPERSTAR! thing...
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
uhhh, the Aeon of Osiris has mroe to do with predominate cultural reverence for male representatives of the divine than with there actually being only male prophets. The two aeons thus far actually correspond rather neatly to anthropological knowledge of religion and it's relation of the shift from matriarchy to patriarchy. It doesn't mean that all of the spiritual figures in the Aeon of Horus could only be men. (And if Crowley said that, I which I don't recall him, than he's simply wrong) Everyone is a star.

No, but it makes sense that in an Aeon where spiritually is the monopoly of one gender, that the prophets of the Aeon would be that gender. In the Aeon of Isis, I doubt you had too many males acting as prophets of the Aeon. For one, you want a prophet that at least some will listen to.

This Aeon started off with Crowley, but I'd be willing to bet you'll have females in there too.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
No, but it makes sense that in an Aeon where spiritually is the monopoly of one gender, that the prophets of the Aeon would be that gender. In the Aeon of Isis, I doubt you had too many males acting as prophets of the Aeon. For one, you want a prophet that at least some will listen to.

Crowley said that, it's in MTP. I'm waiting for our holy hermaphrodite, myself. Razz

Quote:
This Aeon started off with Crowley, but I'd be willing to bet you'll have females in there too.

Can I place my vote?
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Crowley said that, it's in MTP. I'm waiting for our holy hermaphrodite, myself. Razz

Well, that just goes to show you that he's sometimes right! lol jk

Hmmm...a bisexual person maybe? Wink

sororyzbl wrote:
Can I place my vote?

Of course!
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
Well, that just goes to show you that he's sometimes right! lol jk

Hmmm...a bisexual person maybe? Wink

well if that's the case, that would be him...

Quote:
Can I place my vote?

Of course!

For serious, I'd put a vote for Soror Meral. Smile
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
thelemaman
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a female who has spoken a word of power in this Aeon that has brought about some fundamental change in Thelemic work, Soror Adnahanda, or Nema. Ipsos has been very vital to the current in many ways, especially after Kenneth Grant wrote about it in "Outside the CIrcles of Time".

Crowley did say that only males could become Magi, 9=2 of the A.'.A.'. but that yes, a woman can speak a Word of Power and become a Prophet. It was from his understanding as a male of what the 9=2 grade entailed and he says as much. Something MOST people do not recognize though is the counterpoint that ALL female initiates of the A.'.A.'. can BE Magister Templi at any point as living embodiments of Babalon. Leah Hirsig was recognized as 8=3 on that basis as was martha Kuntzel. To point though, as far as being a prophet goes and attaining to Magus, Crowley simply didn't understand the female aspect of the grade because no female had fulfilled that role.

AN interesting tidbit of early Christianity was the teaching that women had no souls but that by the virtue of the sex act that they could temporarily possess a soul and this idea was the basis that it was by being a mother that the female could be saved, through the grace of her husband's seed. Thusly the prohibition against lesbianism etc. Soem of Ol' Crows obervsations reflected this, see his Commentary on Thien Tao for example.
thelemaman
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:

For serious, I'd put a vote for Soror Meral. Smile

I loved Phyllis as much as the next person but aside from being a wonderful person and founding the COT... how does she qualify for the office of Magus and Prophet? What word of power did she speak? Seriously... LOL Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: