Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live in-character event?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
I agree safety should be a primary concern, but I don't think we should necessarily count on the creators handling our safety. Cops or no cops, I agree with modelmotion - it's always good to have an operator in a situation like this - especially since attendees are not allowed to bring a friend.

I also think it would be wonderful for the fanbase if the creators provide a way for the greater part of the community to enjoy participating as well.

I agree that the operator idea is a good one. There are problems. The invitation is written with instructions to keep it a secret, so only someone who is willing to break silence will get an operator in this way.

Like it or not, The Creators have written this thing in such a way that they must be responsible for the safety of all who respond.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
6. Rules of engagement need to be discussed and agreed on, ...

7. Again, sharing must be encouraged at every level. Understandably, direct participation in the event would have to be limited, but then those that can't participate need to be assured that information about the event will be available, and everyone'll have total access to whichever insights come from it.

Others have expressed concerns over security issues, so I won't repeat those.

I am curious about whether fans who attend will be allowed to videotape the event and post their video accounts for the rest of us to enjoy - some Nikki B. style reporting would be good.

Also, will fans unable to attend in person receive a coupon for their complimentary orange slurpees? Wink

Last edited by QtheC on Tue May 29, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezzin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what anyone wouldve expected to happen, i mean if anyone listened to me (which no one ever does) i said more than 24 hrs ago this was a legit email, used programs to track down the origin, and it WAS A REAL EMAIL from the site. what did you people think would happen? how could an event organized in a public place in broad daylight be dangerouos...

i guess no one will listen to you on the forums unless youre one of the few "leets" here. i saw other people saying the same things as me, but no one listened until APo and BK said it, and if it comes from one of them, its gotta be ok, right? thats just wrong
i still wonder, how did any of you think this could get dangerous Confused
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the talk here is unspoken. May I clarify it for those of us who don't catch it? If I'm wrong, let me know.

We're talking about two separate events. The security we're most concerned about here is not so much during the event with 35 people, but during the pickup time. The "seminar" will be contained, and exclusive. The pickup time will be a half hour of pandemonium as hundreds of people swarm into the location to try to be the first. There will also be at least a two hour interval before the pickup time when the fans will congregate in an attempt to be the first in line.

Am I right in assuming our biggest concern is the pickup time, and not the seminar itself?
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
Rezzin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
Some of the talk here is unspoken. May I clarify it for those of us who don't catch it? If I'm wrong, let me know.

We're talking about two separate events. The security we're most concerned about here is not so much during the event with 35 people, but during the pickup time. The "seminar" will be contained, and exclusive. The pickup time will be a half hour of pandemonium as hundreds of people swarm into the location to try to be the first. There will also be at least a two hour interval before the pickup time when the fans will congregate in an attempt to be the first in line.

Am I right in assuming our biggest concern is the pickup time, and not the seminar itself?

dude youre assuming that many people will show up... i bet maybe 30 poeple show up and they dont even get a full class.

ETA: geez folks, you act like youre john mccain visiting a market... its an EVENT, not iraq!!! and those lucky enough to go should thank their stars. those who cant, wait impatiently for someone with a vidde cam to relay the shit back to us... i dont see the warrant in crying "Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!!" long before the fact

edit2:spelling
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather cry "Danger" and be wrong, than remain silent about my concern for the safety of the people here.
sskylaarr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is going to go horribly wrong
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rezzin wrote:
ETA: geez folks, you act like youre john mccain visiting a market... its an EVENT, not iraq!!! and those lucky enough to go should thank their stars. those who cant, wait impatiently for someone with a vidde cam to relay the shit back to us... i dont see the warrant in crying "Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!!" long before the fact

In the same token: "It's COLLEGE, not Iraq!" Oh, wait...

(I hope this isn't taken offensively, but I felt the point needed to be made.)
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:

In the same token: "It's COLLEGE, not Iraq!" Oh, wait...

(I hope this isn't taken offensively, but I felt the point needed to be made.)

No offense taken, but that's an inane analogy.

While I'd be surprised if this goes off without a hitch, and am a bit leery of the idea in general, I don't understand why people are acting like this demands the security of a presidential visit.

I wouldn't be surprised if some hecklers/pranksters show up, but what's the worst that could (feasibly) happen? Rationally speaking, people are FAR more likely to get in a car accident on the way to the event than they are likely to come to harm during the event itself. Nothing is risk-free, but this is hardly skydiving. If I were in the area and invited, I'd probably go without a second thought.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It demands more security than just "keeping it small". I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. Why risk something going wrong and not having anyone able to handle it?

If you think the earlier analogy is inane, how about this one: "We don't think this concert is going to get wild, so we'll just be sure to not let too many people in and it'll all be good!" In this case, it's better to be overly cautious for nothing than to ignore the risks.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:

While I'd be surprised if this goes off without a hitch, and am a bit leery of the idea in general, I don't understand why people are acting like this demands the security of a presidential visit.

The invitation to this event has been very poorly handled, IMHO. This makes me wonder what else might been handled poorly in preparation for this event, and my first concern is for the safety of those who will participate.

TOSG wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if some hecklers/pranksters show up, but what's the worst that could (feasibly) happen? Rationally speaking, people are FAR more likely to get in a car accident on the way to the event than they are likely to come to harm during the event itself. Nothing is risk-free, but this is hardly skydiving. If I were in the area and invited, I'd probably go without a second thought.

I would probably attend as well. I hope it is a success.
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

questions and concerns that i have about this event:

1) how are people handling this event going to know who got an email or not?

2) what about minors? Are their parents going to be allowed to go with them?

3)35 people is still lots of people, something could happen, is the creator's going to be the ones liable??

theres still plenty of questions

i smell disaster
GregGallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: well.. Reply with quote

I get a feeling that most of the people who show up are gonna be locals who heard about it on the web.

Most of the people with real ARG interests were kinda thrown off by the short notification and location.

I think its just trying to make us pick sides, see who wants to play for whom.

Which means that theres gotta be something for those interested in the resistance.

(what time is it?)
GregGallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khjq wrote:

3)35 people is still lots of people, something could happen, is the creator's going to be the ones liable??

i smell disaster

1. they'll probably need a copy of the e-mail, or at least their e-mail address.

2. Im sure they'll card everyone they accept and probably search them for weapons.

3. Maybe so, but can you blame the crowded theater for the guy who yelled fire?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khjq wrote:

i smell disaster

Yes, thank you so much for articulating this so clearly. These are important issues, and only the tip of the iceberg.

It would make me very happy to see this event be a success. That is why I find it important to consider these questions in depth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: