Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live in-character event?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SARAHPHOBIA88
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
I'd be very surprised if the Creators allow the involvement of anyone under the age of 18 without parental accompaniment. I'm sure with the legal background, liability is forefront in their minds. Also, with the addition of Jan Libby, and experienced ARGer, I've gotta believe they have thought this through and taken the necessary precautions.

Bring ID. Cool

EDIT TO ADD: Age requirement or parent/guardian accompaniment has now been confirmed. HERE

WOah! Bring a parent or guardian! Ah!

My videos: http://one.revver.com/account/show/SARAHgirl81
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: safety Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
modelmotion wrote:
There are still a few issues of safety here.

Can you talk about what steps will be taken to protect people who attend given that the location has now been made public.

That is my primary concern about this event.

The way this has been presented is frankly not SMRT.

Either The Creators actually believed that this would remain secret (not SMRT) or they knew it would be leaked and remained silent until now (also not SMRT.)

That is why I jumped to the conclusion that it might have been a hoax. I gave The Creators more credit than that.

The community deserves assurances of security for the participants.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross posted from my tree branch in calmer waters:

My guess is that they figured out that the risk of having minors on hand was not worth the extra security it would take to insure the kid's safety. Organizational skills have never been these folks strong point.

I think this does prompt a train of thought on the issues of adults interacting with minors online, and then turning that into the "real world". Can you imagine the Dateline Teaser:

"Today, the three producers of LG15 (shot of three grown men) sent out email invitations to (pick a number) underage fans in the LA area to join then in an (snide TV reporter voice) Interactive Event. The children's parent's were not informed of this event by the producers...."

I could go on, but you get my drift.

Now, the engaging line of questioning to me is: Is this any different that posting a handbill on a telephone poll advertising an all ages concert? Hmmmmm.

OK, how about an ad in the newspaper?

OK, how about a personal letter or Fed Ex?

OK, how about a web posting?

OK, how about a phone call from Miles?

Would it be any different if the call was made by Yousef or Jess???

And then we are back to sending e-mails....

Forget the legal issues, I'm more interested in the ethical or PR issues. And yes, as a parent these kind of things strike a chord with me. I'm not sure where I would draw the line, but to me the emails (phone calls would bring out the real world SLF!) would not be acceptable as a parent.

I dunno, I subscribe to several band email lists and I get prompts from them all the time to attend various gigs. Mostly in bars though, where (theoretically) minors are not an issue.

I would think that this would be an issue with any ARG where producers prompt fans to "do things" in the real world.

Thoughts?
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh im over heaaring people say how its unsafe, of course it is!!!! and ofcourse the producers thought bout it!!!! helloo!!!!! lol i couldent help but post another topic about it............its under.......PLOT DISCUSSION....engitled This Has GOne Too Far...........sorry but honestly.........can we all sit back and relaxxx plzzzz Very Happy
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamovbala4ever89 wrote:
sorry but honestly.........can we all sit back and relaxxx plzzzz Very Happy

We can. We can sit back and relax.

But we won't, and The Creators do not want us to. That's why this thread exists on this forum. They want us to tell them when we have concerns about their production.

Having said that, now that they have clearly defined tomorrow's event will be for those who are adult or are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, I feel like I can relax about my concern for safety.
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well that brings the list tooo
2 relaxed
everybody else on the forum.........freaking out.............lol but i dont mean anything rude by it....lol.........im jsut saying...sorry if anybodys offended : /
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur Apo. I think that the issue was resolved satisfactorily and I appreciate the fact that you brought this matter to the forefront. The c's tallk about building "communities" and this is an example of the community policing itself. Kinda an interesting sociological phenomena on many levels.

Probably the best use of your new found Canonosity you could hope to do Apo Smile .

As this is a "new medium", the c's will stumble through things and I think that they choose to keep this section open very wisely. I have always thought that it took balls to have this section open for any Phrannie Phorumite to post their bitches and moans. I applaud them for being open to criticism.

I'm sure they don't "like" most of the posts, but they have a fairly good track record of addressing the more important issues. I think the safety of their younger phans is about as important as it gets...

Anyway, I still find this whole project fun to watch as it crawls and stumbles it's way to Kate Modernosity. Never boring!
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousGeorge wrote:
I have always thought that it took balls to have this section open for any Phrannie Phorumite to post their bitches and moans. I applaud them for being open to criticism.

It takes gigantic brass balls. This new and exciting form of entertainment is also something to be applauded.

I would feel wrong to accept praise for bringing this issue to the forefront, as deagol, Esteed, Luminous and others also voiced valid concerns regarding this issue.

And as we have both noted, The Creator's gutsy maintenence of threads like this one is what allowed all of us to do so.
Rekidk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Also, with the addition of Jan Libby, and experienced ARGer, I've gotta believe they have thought this through and taken the necessary precautions.

Ah, of course. I believe that in Sammeeeees (though I didn't play, so I'm not sure), Jan arranged live meetups with the characters in-person. So I'm sure that she'll be able to get everything organized. Smile
quizzoc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be an IRC, where we can discuss this while it is happening live?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebus! straight from google maps! mount vesuvius has appeared in sherman oaks california and ..... its erupting!!!!

Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: