Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concerned about my missing video.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Of course there are "cliques", as in groups of friends who bonded on the forum and talk to each other often.

Shocked I don't have a clique! Hey, I want a clique!!! Evil or Very Mad
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:
Of course there are "cliques", as in groups of friends who bonded on the forum and talk to each other often.

Shocked I don't have a clique! Hey, I want a clique!!! Evil or Very Mad

Oh, sorry, didn't you get an invite? *snubs impulse* Wink
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and I don't think anyone in the forum is snobbish in nature.

well, there you're wrong BK...I am a complete snob. Laughing

this thread got negative fast...from the second post. Basically, the forum doesn't operate like the comments page, and that's leading to hurt feelings.
You shouldn't be upset when your post isn't replied to within an hour. On the forum, especially when a video has recently come out, that's really not a very long time at all. Basically, I think people didn't have anything constructive to add, so they didn't reply. Did you really want 22 replies of "gee that sucks"?
I haven't noticed cliques on here. As you can see, I've only been posting for a little over a month in here. People reply to my posts when I say something interesting, sometimes my topic doesn't get a reply, sometimes the replies are angry. It's a busy forum, people have strong ideas, or some times an idea just isn't new or interesting. Oh well. I'm not friends with people on here, and I don't really see a lot of people being exclusive on here. Sure, people have off-board private chats/emails/etc., but those alliances don't really seem to get in the way of thoughtful analysis of the plot, clues, puzzles, character development and the myriad various discussions that occur on this forum.
I think you came on here with a preconceived notion that the forum is still the same place it once was. I lurked for quite a while before I started posting on here (months and months), and I do think the forum has become much more welcoming as of late. "Popular" posters are generally treated that way because they contribute well to the conversation, not because they're friends with the right people.
This got long and rambling, but I hope you understand what I am getting at.
Essentially, you will make your own experience on here. If you come in expecting to be treated poorly and lash out, it will be the response you will receive.

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*agrees with Haether*

Myself? I ignored this because I was utterly unable to do anything.

The forum has fewer total posters and more content than the comment page so things are easily overlooked. Combine that with lack of knowledge or control and boom...nothing.
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, truth be told, I understand the politics of this forum a bit moreso than I did last night.

My video issues, which was ultimately the point of this thread, has been resolved. Thank you.

As BK said, anything else beyond that initial concern can be taken to pm.

If anyone cares to discuss the random disappearance of videos and what we can do to prevent it. This is probably a good place for that. Smile
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should arm them with Lo-Jack so they can't disappear completely? Laughing
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will-O-Wisp wrote:

If anyone cares to discuss the random disappearance of videos and what we can do to prevent it. This is probably a good place for that. Smile

I'm sorry, I have no idea what can be done about that .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: