Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meta talk in the in characterter fourums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Meta talk in the in characterter fourums Reply with quote

I really hate it when people respond to discussions itt the "in-character" forums with "Meta Talk". It seems to happen over and over that people mention canon, the Creators, Fanfic and shit like that. or they start refering to LGpedia or thereads in the other forums which don't exist in the breeniverse.

The in-character forums are to talk to the characters, NOT to discuss the plot, the preduction, ARGS, or anything else that isn't directed to the characters. I wish people wouldn't even reply to others people, except in a way the is for the benefit of the characters, not for the benefit of the audience.

I don't want to always be the bitch who is policing the forums and constantly reporting everything to the moderators. So please everyone lets work together to keep that shit out of the breeniverse.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do agree with you, Misty, I do have to say a few things. ARGs are okay to post about as long as we stay general, talking about the concept rather than any specific game. After all, for the most part the Breeniverse is just like our real world, and it makes sense that a type of interactive game that exists here would exist there.

Now, saying anything OOG about Op is an obvious no-no, and saying anything implying that LG15 is an ARG or is otherwise not real is also an obvious no-no.

That said, how often do the characters really post in the forums? Not often. So that means that if nobody replied to any posts there, there would be a lot of threads with 0 post counts. The IC chat forums are supposed to be for talking to the characters, sure, but there's absolutely no reason why we can't talk to each other ICly as well. For instance, in The Others forum, Esteed-the-character has shown himself to be a bit hot-headed by his persistent semi-hostile tone towards Apo-the-character, what with all the references to real world priests that did bad things and the overall tone of Esteed-the-character's posts. Not to mention Esteed-the-character's suggestion of killing Jules. To sort of sum up Esteed-the-character in a nutshell: Ever read the Knightfall arc in the Batman comics? Bane broke Bruce Wayne's back and Bruce passed the mantle of the Bat onto a boy he'd rescued and (he thought) deprogrammed from an order of assassins. Then he went off to train to be able to walk and fight again. For a while, things were good, but then the new Bats went a little crazy. He wanted to protect people, but remnants of his old assassin psychological programming clashed with these desires and responsibilities instilled by taking the mantle of the Bat. What resulted was a guy who tried to be Batman, but crossed lines Batman wouldn't. If he caught a murderer, chances are he killed the murderer rather than letting the justice system handle it. Would I, OOGly, condone such a thing? Meh. I wouldn't condone it but I wouldn't shed a tear over it. Would Esteed-the-character condone it? Absolutely. So Esteed-the-character tries to be the noble guy he's admired in comics all his life, but crosses lines that prevent him from ever being that guy. OOGly, yeah, I admit to having a little bit of a "white knight complex" but I don't try to be a hero, just a normal Joe like everybody else.

And I've gone off on a tangent, but since it does have some relevance to my point I'll leave it in the post. Anyway, as I was saying, Esteed-the-character doesn't like Apo-the-character too much. But OOGly, I respect the hell out of Apo, and everyone else here.

When talking to each other in the IC forums, consider it like roleplaying a character similar to yourself in many ways.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completly agree
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: