Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Foundation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: The Foundation Reply with quote

Jay's most recent message to me included the sentence
Quote:

This project was privately funded, and as such our guidelines were governed by the Foundation.

Anyone heard of "the Foundation" before? Presumably it's a division of the Order, but there are probably a lot more details to know.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Foundation was mentioned with the HSA - TiKO, I believe...

And speaking of which, completely off-topic, whatever happened to Ms. Kelly and to gogo?...I miss 'em both!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I recall from a post from Gogo, she ended HSA.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite a different history for Facility J than the one from TJ19's videos, which gave the impression of a lab with strong connections into the whole military / industrial / biochem / research / federal government.

In particular, I always invisioned OPA Research as running an Institutional Review Board, which did oversight of the research on human subjects. In this case, "oversight" is being used with both of its meanings.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
The Foundation was mentioned with the HSA - TiKO, I believe...

And speaking of which, completely off-topic, whatever happened to Ms. Kelly and to gogo?...I miss 'em both!

Just for information purposes, here is a link to TIKO's page on the HSAO site.

http://continue.to/tiko

What KTS said, though, I think Gogo wrapped up HSAO, so I don't see a direct tie-in here. There are lot's of private foundations funding research projects.

Pretty sure the Order is behind this though.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree because they didn't want to send vials to Z because they didn't want them back into Ops hands.i Z was a well know operator for Oppy.

So the order has to be behind it. Unless this new PM is going to go in a whole new direction but since he/she seems to be putting so much work into making it good (and he said we may need to look at past clues) I think he/she will try to stick to the basic outline of the story we had before. Maybe just adding other elements to it.

I lost my train of thought lol...
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have toagree with Luminous.

In ARG fashion, connecting what seems to be two separate ARGs is very sloppy. However...could lead to interesting results.

I too have lost my train of though...stupid husband.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there another "Foundation" related to Jonas' parents?

ETA I found this: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7369

I doubt that's what Jay was talking about.

Last edited by deagol on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't meant to suggest a necessary tie...just the only Foundation I could think of somehow...

And you guys are lucky...I've never even HAD a train of thought!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Wasn't there another "Foundation" related to Jonas' parents?

ETA I found this: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7369

I doubt that's what Jay was talking about.

Ah yes I remember this guy, I was pretty much the only one interested in it lol. Because there was no interests, no drops picked up, I think he stopped after the second or third video (as far as I know). Really I think they are just talking about part of the order.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
This is quite a different history for Facility J than the one from TJ19's videos, which gave the impression of a lab with strong connections into the whole military / industrial / biochem / research / federal government.

In particular, I always invisioned OPA Research as running an Institutional Review Board, which did oversight of the research on human subjects. In this case, "oversight" is being used with both of its meanings.

I don't think what Jay is saying is contradictory to the original thrust of the game. Here's a bio for the current president of the American Chemical Society which I think is the "Real World" organization OPA is modeled on. (see image below) I think this bio illustrates how funding sources, professional alliances and the private, academic and government sectors tend to cross pollinate:

"Dr. Catherine T. “Katie” Hunt is Leader, Technology Partnerships for Rohm and Haas Company. Accelerating the pace of innovation in the company by fostering collaboration with industry, academia, national laboratories, government agencies and foundations is her main role. Since creating the unit in 2002, she has helped secure multi-million dollar grants from federal agencies to improve collaboration across all sectors. Dr. Hunt began her career as a senior scientist at Rohm and Haas Company after completing an NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship at Yale University. For more than 20 years she has held positions of increasing responsibility, from research scientist to plant laboratory manager to Director of Worldwide Analytical and Computational Competency Network and Technology Development. Dr. Hunt holds an A.B. in Chemistry (Cum Laude) from Smith College and a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of California, Davis. She has authored 13 papers and one book chapter on Metallothionein, a protein that binds heavy metals.

Dr. Hunt is President of the American Chemical Society, a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and a member of the International Union on Pure and Applied Chemistry, and Sigma Xi. Dr. Hunt serves on the Board of Directors of the Council for Chemistry Research and is an organizing member of the Vision 2020 Nanotechnology Roadmap."

ETA: As Trainer would say "It's all connected through the Illuminati" Wink Cool
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
ignatzmouse wrote:

I don't think what Jay is saying is contradictory to the original thrust of the game. Here's a bio for the current president of the American Chemical Society which I think is the "Real World" organization OPA is modeled on. (see image below) I think this bio illustrates how funding sources, professional alliances and the private, academic and government sectors tend to cross pollinate:

[...]

Good bit of digging on Dr Hunt. The models I was thinking about (from a comp sci background rather than biochem) were SRI, Mitre, etc. which are research enterprises, largely based on getting big government contracts.

I should have actually quoted the J19 to say precisely which bit I thought was weird:
JayNineteen wrote:
This project was privately funded, and as such our guidelines were governed by the Foundation. “Federal ethics guidelines” have never been a concern.

He seems to be saying there was no federal funding for Facility J, which contradicts the whole "State-of-the-art Govt Facility" angle.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
Luminous wrote:
ignatzmouse wrote:

[...]

Good bit of digging on Dr Hunt. The models I was thinking about (from a comp sci background rather than biochem) were SRI, Mitre, etc. which are research enterprises, largely based on getting big government contracts.

I should have actually quoted the J19 to say precisely which bit I thought was weird:
JayNineteen wrote:
This project was privately funded, and as such our guidelines were governed by the Foundation. “Federal ethics guidelines” have never been a concern.

He seems to be saying there was no federal funding for Facility J, which contradicts the whole "State-of-the-art Govt Facility" angle.

From this I get that we may have been confusing Facility J, which has definitely been identified as a "State-of-the-art Govt Facility" with "The Project" which Jay seems to be implying is a privately funded research project under the auspices of OPA and utilizing laboratory resources at Facility J.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
From this I get that we may have been confusing Facility J, which has definitely been identified as a "State-of-the-art Govt Facility" with "The Project" which Jay seems to be implying is a privately funded research project under the auspices of OPA and utilizing laboratory resources at Facility J.

Ah, I think I see where you're going on this... Facility J as a whole has federal funding, and most of its research is above-board biochem. But there's also The Project, which is funded by The Foundation, and not subject to federal resrictions.

OK, I can see how this might all fit together. Reports I've heard of labs which accept federal funding, but also have other work which doesn't conform to federal requirements (e.g. stem cell research) is that it's a pain in the bottom: there's no sharing of facilities, equipment etc. so if you're privately funded coffee machine breaks down, no sneaking over and having a cup of federal joe.

It still doesn't seem the same story to me, I'd always thought of Facility J as being more evidence of the Shadowy Government Conspiracy angle of The Order. Hey ho.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:

OK, I can see how this might all fit together. Reports I've heard of labs which accept federal funding, but also have other work which doesn't conform to federal requirements (e.g. stem cell research) is that it's a pain in the bottom: there's no sharing of facilities, equipment etc. so if you're privately funded coffee machine breaks down, no sneaking over and having a cup of federal joe.

Laughing funny.

ignatzmouse wrote:

It still doesn't seem the same story to me, I'd always thought of Facility J as being more evidence of the Shadowy Government Conspiracy angle of The Order. Hey ho.

Don't get me wrong here - I don't mean to imply I think Facility J is all on the up and up. After all, John Rockefeller Prentice was "in charge of research efforts" at Facility J. A little investigation indicates he was Skull and Bones. IMO this has government conspiracy written all over it - even if "the project" is privately funded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: