Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

acrowleyorder is canon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theonlyavalon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: acrowleyorder is canon? Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere (and feel free to move it if that's the case), but I'm confused. If you check out YouTube, the latest vid is posted on acrowleyorder's account, not Jonas'. Any ideas why this is? I hadn't thought acrowleyorder was canon, since it's so much more low budget, uses Gemma who is/was dead.

Guess I was wrong! It also raises the interesting question of who's side Jonas is on. If he has seen the acrowley vids, surely he will notice the pics of the couple becoming one. Won't it occur to him that he may have taken part in the ceremony? Maybe the ceremony is a lot more low key than we first thought!
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody can take a video from lg15.com and post it on their youtube channel, so i don't think this posting proves acrowleyorder is anything more than crafty.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That person has posted many times on this forum that they are FAN FICTION. They are not and never will be canon.

Check out the posts about it in the fan fiction section.

The person who runs that probably just noticed that the video wasn't put up on YouTube (I hope we aren't going back to that again...) and took advantage of it.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like acrowleyorder so much more if their videos weren't so long and they didn't use OOC pictures of the actors.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video has been up for a while. You'll find the date posted was several weeks back. It was referring to the first time Bree was gone, not this time.

...And it's absolutely NOT canon. This particular person has been trying to claim canon for a long time and it just isn't so.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
This particular person has been trying to claim canon for a long time and it just isn't so.
Trying to claim canon? Gemma Crowley posts all over these forums. If they were trying to claim canon, that wouldn't be the way to do it.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since gemmacrowley and the acrowleyorder account are fanfic - this has been moved to the In-Depth Discussion area for...well...discussion! Very Happy

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
This particular person has been trying to claim canon for a long time and it just isn't so.

To be fair, he/she has stated outright that his/her videos aren't canon.

That said, he/she has indeed (in my opinion) used some dubious measures to attract attention, and I definitely see how it could lead some people to the above conclusion.

But honestly, the style and production values are nowhere near similar to those of the canon vids.
gemmacrowley
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been made clear before but maybe it needs to be said again. The Gemma Crowley Universe and Bree’s Universe are not the same. There is certainly an intersecting story line and the LG15 characters appear in the Gemma Crowley Universe but this should be thought of in the same way that it happens in the comic world. Think of when the creators of Superman or Spiderman create a story line outside of the canon universe of their characters. This happens all the time and these storylines do not become part of the actual Superman or Spiderman Universes.

While the Gemma Crowley series has predicted many future developments in the LG15 series and will likely continue to do so this should not be construed to mean that it is canon to Bree’s Universe. It is not. If any aspect of Gemma Crowley were to become canon then the creators of LG15 would make that clear to the fans. A perfect example of the differences is the sexual relationship between Jonas and Bree in the Gemma Crowley series. It is likely that in Jonas’ next video in the Bree Universe will explain to Sarah that they did not have sex. In Gemma Crowley’s Universe Jonas and Bree had sex; that does not mean she is pregnant yet but that was the desired outcome of her actions.

Also another fact is that in the Gemma Crowley Universe, Gemma may not be the same Gemma as in LG15. What we know so far about Gemma Crowley is that she is a descendant of Aleister Crowley. Keep in mind that Gemma and Gemma Crowley may be different people or they may be the same.

The one thing both series have in common is that they are fiction and neither is an ARG. Like any work of fiction; if you enjoy it then watch it and if you don’t then watch something else.

Also the most important fact is that the series are not by the same creators and there has been no direct collaboration between the two groups on either storyline. The creators of Gemma Crowley are fans of LG15 and some of the creators and actors in the LG15 world are fans of Gemma Crowley but that is where the connection ends.

Cheers,
Bill
(on behalf of the Creators of Gemma Crowley and acrowleyorder)
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this as someone who supports all fan endeavors, you need an lgpedia entry.

I find this hard to follow. It's hard to jump into these things if you haven't followed from the beginning. Didn't this all start with tigress and the light bringer and all that? Or was that something different? Who are the players?

And isn't it misleading to say you predict future developments but not acknowledge when you're wrong? Because in your universe didn't the bluestone turn out to be a bridge? Or is that where the parallel universe thing comes in? In which case it's a clever concept because it has a break to the Cassie curse built in.

There are a lot of great lgpedia entries, Facility J and Maddison Avenue are good templates.
gemmacrowley
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
I say this as someone who supports all fan endeavors, you need an lgpedia entry.

I find this hard to follow. It's hard to jump into these things if you haven't followed from the beginning. Didn't this all start with tigress and the light bringer and all that? Or was that something different? Who are the players?

And isn't it misleading to say you predict future developments but not acknowledge when you're wrong? Because in your universe didn't the bluestone turn out to be a bridge? Or is that where the parallel universe thing comes in? In which case it's a clever concept because it has a break to the Cassie curse built in.

There are a lot of great lgpedia entries, Facility J and Maddison Avenue are good templates.

No this is only acrowleyorder and Gemma Crowley. We have never used any other accounts and our only user name is gemmacrowley. The Bluestone in our version has to do with the location of an Order Temple and one of the many locations above that Temple which is located in an abandoned train tunnel is below a blue stone terrace. These place really exsist and the tunnel was at one time (in the real world) used for various forms of pagan worship before it was sealed.

Also in our world Bree went from Texas to New York then to Boston, then to Providence before returning to Cali. How is that for a first class trip on the Order.

Last edited by gemmacrowley on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
gemmacrowley
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="immortal1"]And isn't it misleading to say you predict future developments but not acknowledge when you're wrong? Because in your universe didn't the bluestone turn out to be a bridge? Or is that where the parallel universe thing comes in? In which case it's a clever concept because it has a break to the Cassie curse built in.[quote]

That is where the parallel universe comes in to play. Also in our universe there has never been a mention of Cassie. She plays no role other then that she was some girl that went to school with Bree. Not to say we won't find a use for her at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: