Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0211 - Everybody does it ;) [6/13/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aboriginalgangster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because she views sex a different way doesn't make her promiscuous. I don't think that's a very fair label.

I do, however, think she is just showing off and it's kind of pathetic. "Hey look at me, I have a lot of sex, I realize that it's possible to have sex without emotional attachment and I enjoy it when I do. And boy do I love sex! It's so cool, it's the best thing ever! Emotions are for WIMPS! I'm so grown up and mature! please like me."

ETA: In other words, she just really wants to be accepted and liked and for people to think she's cool. She is obviously insecure. Even though I find her flaunting the fact that she (omgnever!) enjoys sex really juvenile, I think it makes me like her more because she's showing that she is a person with flaws.

Last edited by aboriginalgangster on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricky-ticky-tavi wrote:
The creators are really developing Sarah's character -- parental/abandonment issues, flippant personality, and now adding (wait for it....) Promiscuity. Woo-Hoo

teenage tri-fecta baby!!!!

And now adding promiscuity???? This is not something new we are learning about her.
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aboriginalgangster wrote:
Just because she views sex a different way doesn't make her promiscuous. I don't think that's a very fair label.

I do, however, think she is just showing off and it's kind of pathetic. "Hey look at me, I have a lot of sex, I realize that it's possible to have sex without emotional attachment and I enjoy it when I do. And boy do I love sex! It's so cool, it's the best thing ever! Emotions are for WIMPS! I'm so grown up and mature! please like me."

Promiscuous: Characterized by frequent and indiscrimanate changes of one's sexual partners, unchaste, mixed up, jumbled confused

The opposite of promiscuous is being pure and selective.

I dunno, but she sounds like she fits the term 'promiscuous' to me.

I agree with the rest of your post and think it is insightful.
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

je_sais_cequisetrame wrote:
HoO Seminar: "The Hymn of One is Fun! The Hymn of One is Fun!"

Sarah: "The point is fun. The point is fun. The point is fun. The point is... blahblahblah F-U-N."

Weird connection, but it exists.

This struck me, too, as a strange parallel. It gives ammunition to all the people saying Sarah might be in the order; if she's so hurt by all her family stuff that she's focussed entirely on pleasure, then the "Hymn Of One Is Fun" would be attractive to her.

On the other hand, she said Jonas' puppy-dog eyes weren't helping "us" find Bree, as though she's super involved. Every time I've seen her "helping," she's been pretty much UN-involved, just following the others. So is this new concern just fake, and if it's not, where did it come from?
aboriginalgangster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheqinah wrote:
aboriginalgangster wrote:

Promiscuous: Characterized by frequent and indiscrimanate changes of one's sexual partners, unchaste, mixed up, jumbled confused

The opposite of promiscuous is being pure and selective.

I dunno, but she sounds like she fits the term 'promiscuous' to me.

I agree with the rest of your post and think it is insightful.

That's what "slut" means, too, and they both have equally negative connotations. It's because people think when a woman is promiscuous it's a bad thing. I don't believe that's the case. And who says she's being indiscriminate about the partners she chooses? All she says is she has sex a lot, she never said she doesn't care who with. For all we know she's only had a couple of partners. And for all we know she does genuinely like the people she has had sex with, she just doesn't love them or want relationships with them.

Although, I do think that we will see her change with Daniel. I think he'll do her good and show her that love doesn't have to end badly.

ETA (I keep doing that): I also see a distinct possibility of her intentionally avoiding making emotional connections to the people she has sex with because she's afraid of being hurt. She was probably hurt in the past and doesn't want to go through that again. That's what I meant by my last sentence. I think she's going to figure out that what you get out of love outweighs the risk of being hurt.

Last edited by aboriginalgangster on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah flaunts her skank-a-tude, but more importantly -- at the VERY end and only the very end -- she makes sense.

Jonas needs to get it together if he's going to do anything useful.
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a Sarah fan and this video does not help. But I do see the developement for where her POV is coming from. There is pain behind her choices and seeing Jonas hurting is triggering her own sense of values which is rooted in her parents breakup.

Well she seems to think that Jonas and Bree had sex. If it turns out to be confirmed along the series I will be disappointed. In the creators mostly. I am still holding out for another filler video to come out and for Jonas to dispell that myth and confirm his character. Someone can pine and be hurt over a kiss just as much as sex if they care about the person.

If Jonas did have sex with Bree, I will be so disappointed. I don't know if I can say I will commit myself to watching the series anymore if it does go in that direction. If this starts to compromise my values or make me feel compromised inside,... it is not worth it. Sad
kjones
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheqinah wrote:
I am not a Sarah fan and this video does not help. But I do see the developement for where her POV is coming from. There is pain behind her choices and seeing Jonas hurting is triggering her own sense of values which is rooted in her parents breakup.

Well she seems to think that Jonas and Bree had sex. If it turns out to be confirmed along the series I will be disappointed. In the creators mostly. I am still holding out for another filler video to come out and for Jonas to dispell that myth and confirm his character. Someone can pine and be hurt over a kiss just as much as sex if they care about the person.

If Jonas did have sex with Bree, I will be so disappointed. I don't know if I can say I will commit myself to watching the series anymore if it does go in that direction. If this starts to compromise my values or make me feel compromised inside,... it is not worth it. Sad

Ok but tying people up and torturing them is ok?
I'm sorry I don't mean to criticize your thoughts but, how is sex immoral but kidnapping a Jules or keeping Jonas as a hostage alright?

Last edited by kjones on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
hockeygurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:
je_sais_cequisetrame wrote:
HoO Seminar: "The Hymn of One is Fun! The Hymn of One is Fun!"

Sarah: "The point is fun. The point is fun. The point is fun. The point is... blahblahblah F-U-N."

Weird connection, but it exists.

This struck me, too, as a strange parallel. It gives ammunition to all the people saying Sarah might be in the order; if she's so hurt by all her family stuff that she's focussed entirely on pleasure, then the "Hymn Of One Is Fun" would be attractive to her.

Hymn of One --> FUN
Sarah --> Unemotional sex is FUN

Bree came back not herself and though they may have had what seemed to be a breakthrough, she didn't seem like Bree at all. I don't think Daniel thought so. Jonas probably wanted so desperately for it to be that he probably grasped at any sign of hope she gave out. Even the kiss we got to see wasn't very emotional IMO, so how was the sex with Jonas? Maybe she was sent back to be impregnated by Jonas and then returned to the HoO to donate some DNA?

Yep, that's Taylor of course! Very Happy
meggamoo1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we ever needed fucking confirmation... there we have it folks. oh. em. gee.

LG15 is like a much more sophisticated and mature version of Blues Clues

Quote:
You're so pretty
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sarah has an obsession with chips.

Actually, it's an oral fixation...

Taylor was right when she called her sister a slut.
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheqinah wrote:

I can respect your values, because everyone has them. I have them too, but I think it's good to also be tolerant. LG15 isn't the only show to imply sex, flick on any channel on the TV or go to a rated R movie and you'll see people's value's being tested. Our society is changing everyday, not always for the better, but it is changing.

I don't think the creators want to alienate people, hopefully we won't lose you just because of some silly sex-related plotline. I'm sure they won't dwell on it much longer.

I'm not teasing you, I don't think your reasoning is silly at all. You've come this far, you can make it til the end! .........if there is an end. D:
aboriginalgangster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
't think your reasoning is silly at all. You've come this far, you can make it til the end! .........if there is an end. D:

IF there is an end, indeed.

And to Sheqinah, I'm not a fan of them having sex, either. Probably for different reasons that having nothing to do with my personal values. I just don't think it was a very good direction to go with a plot that is otherwise so full of unanswered questions that these last few videos could have helped answer. I got hooked because I'm a fan of conspiracy theories and secret societies and other such spooky stuff. And now it has reverted to a WB drama -- no thanks! I just hope it gets back to the good stuff soon.
HeatherAnneDear
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooo. sarah=slut...sex is for fun? WHAT? omg. NO! sex is better when its based on love!
laurenesque
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis video makes me really sad for Sarah that she thinks attaching emotions to sex makes it less fun. I see it quite the opposite. Sad This thing with her dad has obviously skewed her a bit.

Guess that clears up any questions about Daniel and Sarah and weather or not Bree and Jonas did it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19

Jump to: