Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad placement on the website/forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

More ads?
Sure. I don't mind them.
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
I dislike ads, but I'll accept it since it helps the show.
46%
 46%  [ 30 ]
I really don't care.
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
I'd rather you not, but I wouldn't stop visiting the site.
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
No! I hate ads! I won't come back!
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

Rezzin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:
This one may be pushing the envelope a bit:

lol i dont mind the women without bras as much as i mind the "Buy a girl wearing a sock" category.. WTF does that even mean, can you buy the girl, or only the sock? because ive been trying to find a girl i could buy who would just wear a sock, but i cant. all the girls i have bought want to wear 2 socks, and that just isnt cool... ( i know, im horrible, lol. and i dont wanna pull a Huckabee and say something in print that doesnt convey the sarcastic tone of my voice , so i thought id clear that up. im being sarcastic folks)
maybe this site will have just what im looking for!!!

but seriously, i dont like ads, but i agree with Apo. If they help the show, Ill take more Ads, as long as theres no popups and flashing stuff that is.
kallekelly
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts...
One of the WORST sites in terms of ads is Myspace. They have ads that pop out of their little boxes and run around or take over the screen, and you can't click on anything else untill you either click the ad or find the itsy-bitsy 'close' button on it. They also have those emoticon ads that whenever you accidentally mouse over one of them it yells "SAY SOMETHING!" "What?!?" and "You make me blush..." Yeah. Annoooooooooooooooyyyyying. Thirdly, they have lots of ads for dating sites that feature nearly naked people, and those ridiculous "If you scare easily, DON'T CLICK HERE!!" things. Ugh. I tend to stay away from any site that includes these three kinds of ads.
Facebook sticks ads in the minifeed, which are annoying, but a million times more tolerable than the myspace ones.
I personally don't mind ads in the threads, if they aren't super-annoying. I like how idolforums.com does them- the second post on every page in a thread is automatically an ad. This makes it so you have the first post in a thread, an ad, and then twenty posts before the next ad- seems reasonable to me. Plus, the ads look like ads and are clearly NOT regular posts. The little mini-profile thing on the left of the posts give the username "NX Adbot", it has the rank "NX Advertisement", instead of giving an amount of posts it says "I've been known to spam...", and it gives you the option to subscribe to NX (which costs $20 or $30 every six months) and make the ads go away on your own computer.
PLEASE no pop-ups! They make my computer crash!!!
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna know where all the sock conversation is going on lol... I have a screen full of various sock ads right now and from the posted screen cap of ads it seems that it has been common lol.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: