Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Idea I dreamt (sort of)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradleyman612
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: An Idea I dreamt (sort of) Reply with quote

So,
Just prior to my mild obsession with LG15, I was rereading Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. My Lady started reading them after I did. So as I am beginning a new obsession she is going over my old one. As she was reading book one she quoted on a line "every story has a happy ending as long as you know where to stop" I had forgotten (an glossed over in rereading) that the line happened so early in the series. I commented on that being the theme of the Whole series. My lady (only being on book two at this time) yelled at me for spoiling things, told me to go back to Youtube and leave her alone and tossed a stuffed bear (named Loki, which is on the ironic side on about twelve levels) at my head. Upon impact (plus or minus twenty minutes) I thought of something:

What If the theme to LG15 was floating around some where in the early episodes...stated as a warning/clue.

With this in mind I re watched Bree's videos about a dozen times...skipping the early Daniel stuff (pre "outing as fake") as not having much to do with the plot.

I found nothing. So I went back and watched the Daniel expecting my theory to die. However I might have found it.

in his first video he said:

"You know the truth is, you guys are making all these assumptions. Off of like a minute or two minute video. I hang out with her all the time. There's so much more that you don't see, that you don't know."

What if the entire point is how much we will assume given snippets.
Bradleyman
generalization
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: An Idea I dreamt (sort of) Reply with quote

bradleyman612 wrote:

"You know the truth is, you guys are making all these assumptions. Off of like a minute or two minute video. I hang out with her all the time. There's so much more that you don't see, that you don't know."

Bradleyman

I really like that. Especially since it seems like we/people read way "too much" into it all. Like the freaking light switch in the most recent video discussion. All these theories as to what it is, a post-it or something mysterious. No, it's just a freaking light switch.

It's an interesting view into the human psyche. We want so much for things to be big and mysterious, but really, life just happens.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kye909
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Bradley. The writers/producers/actors of course knew all about the project before we did and the idea of them giving hints before we knew to look for them if very plausible.
elli0t
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. I think how the story works now is that daniel represents us, he believe all this stuff is going to happen, he's obsessed with bree just like we are! Infact I think there is nothing really wrong with bree except daniel stalking her and eventually he'll do something to her which is going to shock us all .. but i'm not quite sure what.
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: An Idea I dreamt (sort of) Reply with quote

bradleyman612 wrote:
So,
Just prior to my mild obsession with LG15, I was rereading Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. My Lady started reading them after I did. So as I am beginning a new obsession she is going over my old one. As she was reading book one she quoted on a line "every story has a happy ending as long as you know where to stop" I had forgotten (an glossed over in rereading) that the line happened so early in the series. I commented on that being the theme of the Whole series. My lady (only being on book two at this time) yelled at me for spoiling things, told me to go back to Youtube and leave her alone and tossed a stuffed bear (named Loki, which is on the ironic side on about twelve levels) at my head. Upon impact (plus or minus twenty minutes) I thought of something:

What If the theme to LG15 was floating around some where in the early episodes...stated as a warning/clue.

With this in mind I re watched Bree's videos about a dozen times...skipping the early Daniel stuff (pre "outing as fake") as not having much to do with the plot.

I found nothing. So I went back and watched the Daniel expecting my theory to die. However I might have found it.

in his first video he said:

Bradleyman

This is off topic but I think it is cute that you call your girlfriend your 'lady'.

As far as your theory goes, I think you are definatly on to something. Although, I am so confused about the LG15 plot these days that most theories ( that aren't insane) sound pretty good to me.
SukiWatching
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: An Idea I dreamt (sort of) Reply with quote

bradleyman612 wrote:

Bradleyman

Also, now Daniel is in the same position that he refers to-- he doesn't really know what's going on, he hasn't talked to Bree in weeks, and he's just making assumptions based on what he sees in her vids.
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elli0t wrote:
I agree with you. I think how the story works now is that daniel represents us, he believe all this stuff is going to happen, he's obsessed with bree just like we are! Infact I think there is nothing really wrong with bree except daniel stalking her and eventually he'll do something to her which is going to shock us all .. but i'm not quite sure what.

or perhaps he is going to uncover something Bree did in her past as people have speculated with the Hiking vid and metioning Cassie. or perhaps vice versa, and Bree is going to uncover something Daniel did to Cassie, but maybe im reaching here...
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: An Idea I dreamt (sort of) Reply with quote

generalization wrote:
bradleyman612 wrote:

Bradleyman

I really like that. Especially since it seems like we/people read way "too much" into it all. Like the freaking light switch in the most recent video discussion. All these theories as to what it is, a post-it or something mysterious. No, it's just a freaking light switch.

It's an interesting view into the human psyche. We want so much for things to be big and mysterious, but really, life just happens.

Crying or Very sad i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry. Crying or Very sad (about the lightswitch)
i love how i keep finding references to my stupidest moment on this forum all over the place. i shut up about it as soon as i was told it was there before the box got there, ok guys? Rolling Eyes Wink

bradley, i think that's an axcellent thought. that whole foreshadowing the main point of the story within the first few episodes or minutes (of a movie) or pages is really common- it could definitely do us some good to not forget about the beginning episodes.

and to not think that lightswitches are post-it notes.
seige56
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE this theory!

It actually makes more sense to me than most of the others I have read recently. Plus, if this is TRULY an interactive story where we can affect the storyline, it makes sense that it could have started out a lot simpler than all of our OBSESSING has made it...

(And, Hannahbee? I'm still in the Lightswitch Cause! Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: