Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To anyone who cares.. or doesn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popculture
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: To anyone who cares.. or doesn't. Reply with quote

Though I'm not active on the forum, I do frequent the chat room. The chat room members have learned to ignore the flaws of the chat and just work with it, or we sometimes use a Userplane room another chatter owns. The issues with the chat have been ignored for too long. Everytime someone leaves or enters a room, the audio/video freezes. Docking videos at the bottom has been reduced to four people instead of the unlimited we had before.

I personally don't think it's fair that no one cares about the chat because only about 15 of us use it at any given time, but we are just as much family as the forum. Something needs to happen to fix the chat, and it needs to happen soon.

If you need help fixing it, let us know. With our combined skills, I'm sure we could figure something out.

Thank you for reading my rant,
Batman. Meep
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW We've had several rounds of us, myself a non-chatter included, asking for a fix or a move. There's even been research into how to take a for-profit over to IRC without any problems but TPTB haven't seen it as a worthy switch.

If there are any ideas as to how to push the issue with TPTB, I'm on board like a nail.
popculture
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That concerns me. I've never seen an IRC room with audio or video.

Can you link me to the things you've mentioned?

EDIT: FWIW? TPTB?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of IRC, both because it doesn't support A/V and because you need software to use it. But that's just MO.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popculture wrote:
That concerns me. I've never seen an IRC room with audio or video.

Can you link me to the things you've mentioned?

EDIT: FWIW? TPTB?

Hi, pop! Dillon, right? I used to frequent the chat and you were always a vibrant fixture! Smile

Anyway, I wish I could help out in this department. Posters and chatters have had their back-and-forths with the Creators via posts (and I'd presume PMs) and the last I'd heard: the Creators are working with a tech team to get the chat going but, if it fails to work properly, they'd possibly look into an IRC format. I'll try to find the direct post where this is stated by Greg.

Also: FWIW = For what it's worth; TPTB = The powers that be (if I'm not mistaken).

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRC doesn't have A/V. Few heavy traffic chats do (though I could be wrong). IRC can use java applets quite well (below are two such, non-dl options).
As for links I was speaking generally. Seems as though something happened recently so I'll leave that to Flautapantera or someone lese closer to the issue.

http://java.freenode.net/index.php
http://www.unfiction.com/chat/
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Tiger. Smile I didn't realize there were ways to get into IRC without software.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dillion! Miss you *kisses*

We've figured out exactly what is wrong with the chat, it is just a matter of then knowing now that they need to get rid of it.

What is wrong with the chat is the A/V element. It causes a lot of connections problems and causes the flash to be unstable.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do about it, because it's not a coding problem, it is a problem with the way the chat program is designed. It is simply not designed for large chats. It is only designed for small 10-15 people conferences. So unfortunately the only fit resolution that we have is IRC, or another similar chat program without A/V, as these problems are extremely common within those A/V chat programs.

I hope I have helped.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I like mIRC more, it's a lot more stable. Really anyone could make a chatroom on the freenode server, but I would guess if the characters were going to be in there IC then the creators would prefer something "official".

Not having audio/video isn't the end of the world. It's more important to have a stable chat room IMO. Most A/V chats aren't all that stable that i have seen.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been great with an official G15 IRC chat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: