Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isaac Gilman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollishillis
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Isaac Gilman Reply with quote

Hey jonas you asked anyone to contact you with information on him so heres some links i found...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,775255,00.html
I don't think this one is him...it doesn't have anything to do with doctors...and he's dead so....yeah.

http://www.the-looking-glass.net/rabbit/v9i3/legacy5.html
This one had IG as a student in his final year of his MLIS program at UBC he wants to work with teens academically or in a library setting....who knows.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/originals_archive/bear2/index.html
This one has IG as a fictional charachter who goes by the name pinky. someone has already brough that to most peoples attention...but i thought i'd put it out there anyway.

Anything else anyone can find put it here...if you want
a_little_nachtmusik
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, pass this on to the others if you get a chance. You just seem more concerned with everything than they do, so I'm posting what I know here.

San Diego is my turf, if you guys ever need help getting around, I know the whole county like the back of my hand. Oh, and feel free to drop by UCSD and use the AWESOME library we have.

The campus is off Gilman Drive.

Anyway. Here are a few things I found about people by the name of Isaac Gilman.

One Isaac Gilman has been dead since 1944. Unless someone is using the name as a front, I doubt it's him.

He's also a writer, by the looks of things in college at UBC... which I'm assuming is the University of British Colombia. I'm also highly doubt your 'mad scientist' is him.

What might be more helpful is to let you guys know San Diego is considered the epicenter for biotechnological research right now. Within twenty miles of two major universities (University of California at San Diego [my school, baby! Go Tritons] and San Diego State University) are over a HUNDRED biotechnology centers. Anyone with a medical degree can probably stake out a job there with little difficulty.

Here's a list of a few to get you started

Genentec
Pfizer
Kforce
Neutrogena
GE Healthcare
and soooooo many more. If you guys want a more thorough list, PM me.

Last edited by a_little_nachtmusik on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also found information that shows an Isaac Gilman who used to work at Wyman Foundation is now working at Neutrogena. He's 22 and has a youtube account. I suspect he may be your guy.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=isaacgilman

________
Shhhhh!
hollishillis
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_little_nachtmusik wrote:
Hey, pass this on to the others if you get a chance. You just seem more concerned with everything than they do, so I'm posting what I know here.

San Diego is my turf, if you guys ever need help getting around, I know the whole county like the back of my hand. Oh, and feel free to drop by UCSD and use the AWESOME library we have.

On Isaac Gilman has been dead since 1944. Unless someone is using the name as a front, I doubt it's him.

He's also a writer, by the looks of things in college at UBC... which I'm assuming is the University of British Colombia. I'm also highly doubt your 'mad scientist' is him.

What might be more helpful is to let you guys know San Diego is considered the epicenter for biotechnological research right now. Within twenty miles of two major universities (University of California at San Diego [my school, baby! Go Tritons] and San Diego State University) are over a HUNDRED biotechnology centers. Anyone with a medical degree can probably stake out a job there with little difficulty.

Genentec
Pfizer
Kforce
Neutrogena
GE Healthcare

almost everything i found on him suggested him to be dead. so someones either using him as a front or it's just stuff named after him.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollishillis wrote:

On Isaac Gilman has been dead since 1944. Unless someone is using the name as a front, I doubt it's him.

Genentec
Pfizer
Kforce
Neutrogena
GE Healthcare

almost everything i found on him suggested him to be dead. so someones either using him as a front or it's just stuff named after him.

Look again, Hollis. Try the link I gave above. He's not dead.
Ixlikexchalk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixlikexchalk wrote:
milowent wrote:
impulse wrote:
Shocked Someone (edit: Opladybug and Dream) in the comment section found this:

http://teddfuller.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html

wow. "As many of you know, my Sunday morning doubles partner, Isaac Gilman, was recently honored by the board of the Wyman Foundation for his advances in genetic something-something. BIG WINK!"

while this pretends to have been posted in december 2006, posting dates can be modified on blogger, and there are no google links to this blog. this means it was created very recently. i couldn't say whether its fanfic or canon, but its well-done.

another post mentions: "La Jolla Health and Tennis Club"

jonas said - can someone help me find isaac gilman in the video, right? ....

the building number behind daniel's head (I said jonas in a different area, I apologise, I was wrong) in the mad scientist vid 2402 is the address of the La Jolla Andrea Villa Inn off of Torrey Pines Road. hmm. maybe he was there under their nose?

If you were at the Andrea Villa Inn in your last vid, there is a possibility that there's a connection bewtween Gilman and that location. research their guest list or check out tennis clubs near by (I'm not sure if Andrea Inn has one, maybe they do, but I'm not sure)
Aerrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea go check out Tedd Fuller's blog..

http://teddfuller.blogspot.com

He talks about our Gilman there, well at least I am pretty sure that the Gilman he talks about is the one you guys are looking for because of the fact that he says Gilman got an award for some kind of achievement at the Wyman Foundation..

-Buddha
Ixlikexchalk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, La Jolla Health and Tennis Club sounds like your best bet at this point.
Aerrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jonas but unless you find him before your flight today, then your not going to have much luck... Reading back on his blogs, last October his wife got them tickets to Wimbledon, and he said that they leave June 20th.. So yea.. They are going to London today, and all I know is where he plays tennis.. So finding him at this point seems uhh.. Pretty small chance..

-Buddha
a_little_nachtmusik
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there you have it. Weird that someone into genetics would have ties with Neutrogena... though they're owned by Johnson & Johnson, which might explain some of it.

Makes me think twice about my facewash...

Anyway, I'm actually a biology major doing premed so if anyone needs a human reference book for anything scientific, I'm probably your girl. And if I don't know it, the Geisel Library will.
xBrookex
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
We also found information that shows an Isaac Gilman who used to work at Wyman Foundation is now working at Neutrogena. He's 22 and has a youtube account. I suspect he may be your guy.

youtube profile?user=isaacgilman

________
Shhhhh!

That's probably someone just trying to get in on the action. It was made on the 19th. You'd think the creators would make it weeks ahead before the mention of Isaac Gilman.
a_little_nachtmusik
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xBrookex wrote:
sack36 wrote:

youtube profile?user=isaacgilman

________
Shhhhh!

That's probably someone just trying to get in on the action. It was made on the 19th. You'd think the creators would make it weeks ahead before the mention of Isaac Gilman.

... Good point. And think about it, 22 years old seems a little young for someone to have a) completed college (average age of graduation is 22), and b) to become involved and then uninvolved in the Wyman Foundation...
Aerrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea well if he is the younger one in this picture

Then he really doesn't look that old, and I'd assume that he is the younger looking one because if you read the blog he talks about some things that just sounds like he is really old.. So I don't think Gilman is as old as everyone is thinking..

-Buddha
wh_pirate
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Good point. And think about it, 22 years old seems a little young for someone to have a) completed college (average age of graduation is 22), and b) to become involved and then uninvolved in the Wyman Foundation...

But who's to say that he actually put his real age on there. Look at Bree's MySpace..she is 104. Shocked
a_little_nachtmusik
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wh_pirate wrote:

But who's to say that he actually put his real age on there. Look at Bree's MySpace..she is 104. Shocked

That's probably because she's a kid. Mine says I'm 100, I'm DEFINITELY a whole lot younger than that. I just don't want crazies knowing how old I am. She's a smart girl, it's basic internet safety. A man in his 20s or older wouldn't have to worry about it. It's a possibility, but why would he post he was younger than his age? Unless he's trying to seem younger for the ladies, but then don't you think we'd notice upon his first video? And why twenty-two? It seems to be kind of a random number, if you ask me.

And this is just the prologue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: