Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use of mods' OT powers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
But let's keep our feuds out of public discussion and just enjoy our time in the forum! There's a ton of active threads, plenty to discuss, and a lot of people to discuss it with! Have fun!

I will do my best.

Thanks for being so professional about this, BK.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be just me....But I find it odd that any of the mods would imply that it is not ok for us to discuss any of our concerns about the mods in a forum that is labeled specifically for concerns and complaints. Trying to silence a vocalization of concern gives the impression that the mods are trying to sweep the expressed problem under the rug rather than deal with it head on.

And now for something a bite more on topic.....I have noticed several threads that have been moved with no explanation or with somthing ambiguous( ie. "I thought this went better here") posted. Consequently, when a thread does get moved, often people will post another thread with a similar disucssion under the same forum topic that does NOT get moved.

I have not personally had any problems with my posts. However, from what I have observed, it seems as though the mods actions and behaviors seem inconsistent.....and just to be honest....my impression of the moderators is not a positive one.

It should be considered that perhaps there IS a just cause for concerns about mod actions. For every one complaint that actually gets voiced about a subect, there are many others that have not been. It might be time to review moderator procedures, policy, and protocol pertaining to moving/banishing threads. Then make changes where neccessary.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flychiqk wrote:
It should be considered that perhaps there IS a just cause for concerns about mod actions. For every one complaint that actually gets voiced about a subect, there are many others that have not been. It might be time to review moderator procedures, policy, and protocol pertaining to moving/banishing threads. Then make changes where neccessary.

The moderators are asked to move topics to the appropriate location, and in most cases, they leave a shadow so that people aren't left in the dark. They can still access the thread in the forum where they expect it. When a moderator says "it belongs here", they're usually right... it's nothing against the thread starter, but mods are asked to keep the forum organized.

If other threads aren't moved, it's not that a mod is doing something wrong or being inconsistent, but rather that they haven't gotten there yet or, perhaps, feel the conversation in that thread is on topic. Be aware that mods are asked to skim a lot of threads, so sometimes they just haven't gotten there!

The moderators do have guidelines and procedures to follow, so be aware that it isn't necessarily they're doing something wrong, but perhaps they just haven't caught up in a forum yet. Give 'em time! And feel free to contact one if you have a suggestion.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
flychiqk wrote:

The moderators are asked to move topics to the appropriate location, and in most cases, they leave a shadow so that people aren't left in the dark. They can still access the thread in the forum where they expect it. When a moderator says "it belongs here", they're usually right... it's nothing against the thread starter, but mods are asked to keep the forum organized.

If other threads aren't moved, it's not that a mod is doing something wrong or being inconsistent, but rather that they haven't gotten there yet or, perhaps, feel the conversation in that thread is on topic. Be aware that mods are asked to skim a lot of threads, so sometimes they just haven't gotten there!

The moderators do have guidelines and procedures to follow, so be aware that it isn't necessarily they're doing something wrong, but perhaps they just haven't caught up in a forum yet. Give 'em time! And feel free to contact one if you have a suggestion.

I did not mean to imply that the mods were doing some thing '"wrong" as it applies to their current guidlines. And I am sure that they do keep you guys very busyand that it might be diffucult to keep up with all the forum posts. However, my main point was that it appears that the moderators actions/current job activities are not currently meeting the needs/expectations of the fans who post on the forums. So if the guidlines aren't working....or aren't clear enough...or the guidlines are such that they are keeping to mods from working quickly and efficiently.....THEN its time for a revamp of the guidelines.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: