Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0220 - "Rockin' the Boat" [06/26/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matsie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I wonder if the Creators remember back in film school (they went to film school, right?) when you're taught about not interrupting the flow of your piece. I feel like the C's have completely forgotten this lesson because the flow of LG15 has become completely derailed.
matsie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also must add, that when being taught about keeping the flow of a piece, it doesn't matter how much you like a scene or how funny/cute it is, if it doesn't match the tone/flow of the rest of the piece, you gotta chuck it. It's a hard thing to do as a filmmaker.

...bad grammar, I apologize.
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't they did did go to film school.

It's LA, though...everybody's an actor or an filmmaker here, no matter your "real" profession.
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:

It's LA, though...everybody's an actor or an filmmaker here, no matter your "real" profession.

haha i luv that lol but it is true Wink
matsie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:

haha. Tell me about it. Everyone has a script they want you to read. I would at least go to a CC and take a course or two on filmmaking before I really tried my hand at it...
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I understand your needing to leave--- it's probably the best for now"

YEAH RIGHT BEASTIE. PROBABLY BEST FOR YOU, SO YOU CAN GET A LITTLE ALONE TIME AND GET ALL TOUCHY FEELY WITH SARAH
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get tired from Myspace? Or e-mailing in general?

Oh yeah, forgot how much it takes out of you to point, click, type, then point and click again.

Seriously, what the hell? I'm starting to side with Jonas here, even though he keeps whining. Constantly. Over and Over again. Never ending. Eternally depressed. Other synonyms for sad.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh so refreshing such a nice change of pitch from all the craziness

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE BREATHER VID, CREATORS Wink
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are they gonna leak out the secret daniel/sarah S*X tape?!
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Renegade wrote:
o rly?

It was a joke, Renegade. Sorry you were offended.

Not offended. Just questioning your ability to defend thy girl

Hahahaha. Daniel, my friend, is a manly man. That is why he is called Beast.

He doesn't run like renegades do.

Stick that in you pipe and smoke it.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
AlanY
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matsie wrote:
You know, I wonder if the Creators remember back in film school (they went to film school, right?) when you're taught about not interrupting the flow of your piece. I feel like the C's have completely forgotten this lesson because the flow of LG15 has become completely derailed.
I also must add, that when being taught about keeping the flow of a piece, it doesn't matter how much you like a scene or how funny/cute it is, if it doesn't match the tone/flow of the rest of the piece, you gotta chuck it. It's a hard thing to do as a filmmaker.

I agree 100% with you Matsie. This series has completely lost any narrative thrust. Lonelygirl15 was a good idea, but the Creators should have hired or consulted a writer to establish some kind of long-term plot arc, and then done some basic reading about filmmaking.
matsie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanY wrote:
matsie wrote:

I agree 100% with you Matsie. This series has completely lost any narrative thrust. Lonelygirl15 was a good idea, but the Creators should have hired or consulted a writer to establish some kind of long-term plot arc, and then done some basic reading about filmmaking.

Thank you. I think from the get-go they should have had a basic plot arc and a time table of how long they wanted things to play out. I understand that a lot of the plot was lengthened and further developed because of user input, or at the very least user popularity, but flying the seat of your pants can only work for a certain amount of time before a set plan has to be put in place.

The organic nature of LG15 is wonderful, but it's the fact there is NO structure that ruins it for me. A lot of these filler videos are not bad videos in and of themselves, much like certain deleted scenes from a film are not bad scenes, but they do break from the natural flow and pace of the series as a whole and when we're getting them one after another as if they stockpiled the damned things...well, it really detracts from the viewing experience by completely halting the plot.

Character development can easily be done in both these "filler" videos and the "meaty" videos. Furthermore, most videos really should balance the pros and cons of both "filler" and "meaty" videos. A lot of people seem to think that the "filler" videos are key for character development and I firmly disagree.

...wow. I'm sorry about how long-winded that was.
PinkRanger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matsie wrote:
AlanY wrote:
matsie wrote:

Thank you. I think from the get-go they should have had a basic plot arc and a time table of how long they wanted things to play out. I understand that a lot of the plot was lengthened and further developed because of user input, or at the very least user popularity, but flying the seat of your pants can only work for a certain amount of time before a set plan has to be put in place.

The organic nature of LG15 is wonderful, but it's the fact there is NO structure that ruins it for me. A lot of these filler videos are not bad videos in and of themselves, much like certain deleted scenes from a film are not bad scenes, but they do break from the natural flow and pace of the series as a whole and when we're getting them one after another as if they stockpiled the damned things...well, it really detracts from the viewing experience by completely halting the plot.

Character development can easily be done in both these "filler" videos and the "meaty" videos. Furthermore, most videos really should balance the pros and cons of both "filler" and "meaty" videos. A lot of people seem to think that the "filler" videos are key for character development and I firmly disagree.

...wow. I'm sorry about how long-winded that was.

Excellent point!

And it's very true, the "meaty" vids are also very important for character development because we may learn something new about the characters (their history, how they react in situations). I'd almost have to say we get to see and learn more about the characters in non-filler vids. But that's just me Smile
Sam fan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matsie wrote:

matsie, I think that all your comments about the plot/directing aspects of this series are spot on. I wish they'd hire you as part of their writing team.

My guess about this filler video is that it's supposed to build tension... and because of the organic nature of the series, it's tension built mainly in the viewers instead of also in the video itself,(we're supposed to get in a verbal frenzy of ideas and research bon mots)... and "Establish via previous filler video that Spencer is the _only_ link to hope they have for helping Bree (after the "HAPPINESS" video makes it clear she is resigned to her impending fate)...make Spencer nigh mute to Jonas, Daniel and Sarah (and, presumably Taylor)... separate the rescue team, (throw a hint of another wheel of sexual tension with Jonas/Talyor).... and then stall some more and hope the PG-nookie keeps enough people happy, while all speculate and get tense about the next video and what may be happening to Bree whilst the dithering continues.

That's a guess... maybe I'm giving the Creators too much (or too little) credit.
Think
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watermelonhead wrote:
When are they gonna leak out the secret daniel/sarah S*X tape?!

I have information that the box set including Bree and Jonas, The Paris Hilton Vid and the Pam Anderson/Tommy Lee vids including outtakes and the directors comments was ready to ship.

However, they were confiscated by the Feds because Sarah is fifteen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: