Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Cleanup
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Forum Cleanup Reply with quote

May I suggest something to the mods,

this weekend could you guys do a forum clean up and remove the unnecessary stickies and whatever...
the stickies have become a mess and a lot of them are not important and out of date now. Especially in the announcement area.

(ps you can move this to the suggestion are too....i screwed up)

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, Kelly. I un-stickied and un-announced a lot of old topics in Forum/Website Announcements (some from November), keeping certain topics such as OpAphid Resolution stickied in case a newbie might wander in bewildered at the disappearance of the once official LG15 ARG.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Rezzin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense meant here, but...
thats almost like them fixing the space shuttle with a freaking stapler this morning...
its gonna be ok for a min, but as soon as the postwhores get up in the morning, its over.
oh wait, you were talking about the stickies, oops i thought i was still in the keep p moneys playhouse thread.
whatever, both of em are clogging up the good 'ol forums i used to love. i say get rid of em all. dont leave the place where its possible for people to get 20k posts without actually saying anything (1 word post or emote, WTF???). thats hurting the site, imo.
when i click show posts since last visit, those always make it to the top, even when theres puzzles and new vids and all that going on, its always there!
im not saying anything bad about the people doing it, just that they HAVE the opportunity to do it. wasnt this a game first? im starting to think its a popularity contest.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rezzin wrote:
no offense meant here, but...
thats almost like them fixing the space shuttle with a freaking stapler this morning...
its gonna be ok for a min, but as soon as the postwhores get up in the morning, its over.
oh wait, you were talking about the stickies, oops i thought i was still in the keep p moneys playhouse thread.
whatever, both of em are clogging up the good 'ol forums i used to love. i say get rid of em all. dont leave the place where its possible for people to get 20k posts without actually saying anything (1 word post or emote, WTF???). thats hurting the site, imo.
when i click show posts since last visit, those always make it to the top, even when theres puzzles and new vids and all that going on, its always there!
im not saying anything bad about the people doing it, just that they HAVE the opportunity to do it. wasnt this a game first? im starting to think its a popularity contest.

It's not about popularity, it's just off topic fun chatter that's all. If there wasn't places for it, you would still find it in the middle of video threads or puzzle threads or what have you. People LIKE to relax and play games and get to know each other. There aren't many forums out there that don't have off topic/fun boards just for forum games or random talkings. I think it would hurt a forum like this a lot more NOT to have that stuff.

As for the topic on hand, some announcement/sticky clean up is a great idea, and thanks FP for getting some of it done!.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, I've unstickied a couple of threads myself and am now staring all crazy-eyed at the OpAphid archive. Shocked
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to say that for some time now, never really took the time to do it. Nice job on raising the issue/cleaning up.

As for the fun forums, they don't bother me. I rarely even look at them cause it's not my thing. I just wish people would stop staring at post counts... I actually vote for not showing them at all. It doesn't give you any more importance than other members. While even I sometimes think, ow he has over 4000 posts, he must be right, even though I know its bullshit...
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Brightsilence. I wish i could be as polite as you sometimes. I agree with what you had to say about the fun forums, it just took me awhile to be able to ignore them. Now I'm ok with them being there, I still wish there was a way to filter those when I click view posts since last visit, to bring up any new posts. The only thing I complain about now is having to sort through them all to find 1 or 2 threads that aren't off the cuff or p monkeys playhouse.

I don't mind anymore that people do it, and I'm even friends with some of em now, but I still don't like having to wade through all those threads just to find what I'm looking for. My $0.02: make a button for us that we can use to bypass off the cuff and playhouse. That way it's still there and it wont get in the way of people who dont go to those sections (it would save soo much time for me)

(there, I did it without offending anyone I hope) Very Happy
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Good idea, I've unstickied a couple of threads myself and am now staring all crazy-eyed at the OpAphid archive. Shocked

all the opaphid stickies could be combined in at least ten.

there is what 20-something stickies and announcements. I'm sure you could clean it up tho

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleaned up OpAphid a bit. I removed most of the stickies that belonged to videos (I didn't combine them in fear of serious confusion) and posted a little note to any wandering lurkers unfamiliar with the ARG. I hope it's better - at least I think it is. Tell me if you'd like to suggest something new.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
BallsyMcD
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
My $0.02: make a button for us that we can use to bypass off the cuff and playhouse. That way it's still there and it wont get in the way of people who dont go to those sections (it would save soo much time for me)

(there, I did it without offending anyone I hope) Very Happy

yes, it's called don't click on those sections? why is it not as easy as that? maybe i am misunderstanding.

hope that didn't sound rude..
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it didn't sound rude, but perhaps i need to clarify. I don't click on those sections!!!... what i mean is I'm tired of having to sift through those to find the one or 2 threads that have the IG (in game) info that I am looking for. Wait a minute, that's exactly what I said earlier, perhaps you should read my post again and not just what you took out of it.

hope that didn't sound rude... Smile

ETA: I'm not trying to beat this dead horse, just clarifying myself. Sorry if It sounds like I'm just going on and on... Don't mean to
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
I cleaned up OpAphid a bit. I removed most of the stickies that belonged to videos (I didn't combine them in fear of serious confusion) and posted a little note to any wandering lurkers unfamiliar with the ARG. I hope it's better - at least I think it is. Tell me if you'd like to suggest something new.
You beat me to it! Good work, it looks a lot neater now without all those stickies stuck everywhere.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
it didn't sound rude, but perhaps i need to clarify. I don't click on those sections!!!... what i mean is I'm tired of having to sift through those to find the one or 2 threads that have the IG (in game) info that I am looking for. Wait a minute, that's exactly what I said earlier, perhaps you should read my post again and not just what you took out of it.

ETA: I'm not trying to beat this dead horse, just clarifying myself. Sorry if It sounds like I'm just going on and on... Don't mean to
I'm confused...as usual. When I come on the site, all the active areas since my last visit have the nifty little orange flags. I don't even hit the "view posts since last visit" button.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Absynth wrote:

I'm confused...as usual. When I come on the site, all the active areas since my last visit have the nifty little orange flags. I don't even hit the "view posts since last visit" button.
Same for me. Everything organizes itself automatically. If there's a whole section you don't want to read, just click on "Mark all posts read" in the section.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:

Ello Trainer101 darling <3

Alright, the majority of those stickies are solved puzzles and information from as far back as the prologue. In all reality, only 2 or 3 stickies should remain discussing

A) The Current OpAphid Status and official explication.
B) A summary thread
C) The Rules
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: