Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is a clue, just a clue?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Number 19? Reply with quote

I didn't mind the Taylor function too much and did figure, like nowherepixie, that we only needed to solve puzzles when characters asked for our help. Is this a safe assumption? The thing that I thought was weird, though, was the Tarot card 19 reunion connection. Was that supposed to be serious? Even people incredibly familiar with Tarot cards are probably unlikely to make such a connection...not because it was so esoteric but because I don't think that's even a standard principle. I think several of us are experts in real fields, so references to actual history, science, literature, pop culture, technology, etc would be great in puzzles as long as they are REAL references with foundations in more than some random website.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Number 19? Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:
I didn't mind the Taylor function too much and did figure, like nowherepixie, that we only needed to solve puzzles when characters asked for our help. Is this a safe assumption? The thing that I thought was weird, though, was the Tarot card 19 reunion connection. Was that supposed to be serious? Even people incredibly familiar with Tarot cards are probably unlikely to make such a connection...not because it was so esoteric but because I don't think that's even a standard principle. I think several of us are experts in real fields, so references to actual history, science, literature, pop culture, technology, etc would be great in puzzles as long as they are REAL references with foundations in more than some random website.

Cleo, I'm so happy you brought this up. I am an expert in Tarot reading (well, probably more a gifted amateur with 30 years of experience) and I didn't get the 19 connection. Once I did, though, there were some very strong pointers to other Tarot cards that fit the rest of the message.

I think the fact that Taylor brought up the Tarot at all was a red herring that points out the problem we are facing. I love going looking for clues and spending time reading arcane references, but I don't like having the aha moments taken away from us. Even if I don't make the connection, somebody on forum does and that is exciting.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but wonder if the Tarot card 19 reference was simply a nod at Facility J. The most recent drop was by a character named "JayNineteen" and included a Tarot card with embedded clues.

No, I'm not saying the stories are officially connected, only that the Creators seem to be loosely threading some of the fan created material into the LG15 script. (Which I think is really cool)
LauraBaby88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS frusturating! Evil or Very Mad
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not complaining. Even though the clues and puzzles we get from LG15 are no where near the experience of a true ARG, it's better than nothing. Smile

As much as I miss the drops and epiphanies(sp?) of OpAphid, I have to give the Creators props for finding a pretty happy medium. Clearly, they can't please everyone, but this is the best LG15 has ever been, IMO. And it's right between ARG and T.V. show. Thumbs up, Creators!
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
I'm not complaining. Even though the clues and puzzles we get from LG15 are no where near the experience of a true ARG, it's better than nothing. Smile

As much as I miss the drops and epiphanies(sp?) of OpAphid, I have to give the Creators props for finding a pretty happy medium. Clearly, they can't please everyone, but this is the best LG15 has ever been, IMO. And it's right between ARG and T.V. show. Thumbs up, Creators!

i agree that this IS better then nothing, but i don't agree that this is at all a "happy medium." LG15 doesnt need to be in between an ARG and a TV show.. it can be both.
just because you watch doesn't mean you have to play and help solve, you can be happy without that element, but for those of us who would like to help decode and solve and such, its just another show that could easily be overlooked.

i honestly feel as though weve gone from "important aspect to the plot" to just plain "audience" very abruptly.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

staticmorning wrote:
i honestly feel as though weve gone from "important aspect to the plot" to just plain "audience" very abruptly.

I find that very strange. I feel as though the audience has become MORE important to the plot in the last few weeks.

But I do see what you mean. I guess they don't have to find a "happy medium" really. But that seems like what the Creators have been trying to do all along. Find the medium.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
I can't help but wonder if the Tarot card 19 reference was simply a nod at Facility J. The most recent drop was by a character named "JayNineteen" and included a Tarot card with embedded clues.

If that is the case, I'm severely disappointed with the Creators. They have assured us time and again that the fan fiction and args were not necessary to the plot. But if I end up spending days on a puzzle that is actually a nod to an ARG, then I think that's effecting the plot.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow that ARG, nor do I remember the tarot card 19 thing. I feel like a noob. Sad
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that too. To me tarot still means gamejack. ^_^
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think several of us are experts in real fields, so references to actual history, science, literature, pop culture, technology, etc would be great in puzzles as long as they are REAL references with foundations in more than some random website.

and if they're going to use science references, it really better be actual science, not made up crap. If we start having 'bree can drink this neutrogena shampoo and have no more ribozymes' I quit.

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haether wrote:
If we start having 'bree can drink this neutrogena shampoo and have no more ribozymes' I quit.

that made me laugh so hard.

mostly bc i could see them trying it out on her...

Offical Vice President of the Spencer Gilman fanclub!
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
I missed that too. To me tarot still means gamejack. ^_^

Now that I remember! Wink

Maybe Jonas can hook Spencer up with Auntie Alex... so he can hook her up with some pore minimizing products! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: