Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jules Could Still Be The Key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiletta42
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Jules Could Still Be The Key Reply with quote

I had a thought. Jules is trait-negative. The guys wrote her off as a dead end at that point. However, what is Jules is trait negative for a reason? Perhaps her remorseful non-parents had hooked up with Gilman.

Or perhaps they've discovered something on their own, or perhaps her exposure to a cure -- for lack of a better word -- was purely accidental. Maybe she cheated on her diet, and has a weakness for some particular food that interacts with something. Random example: licorice interferes with hormones and vitamin absorption. It could be anything, really -- a food, a supplement like St. John's Wort, a topical ointment or beauty product . . .

Anyway, let's spy on Jules again.
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait... how does licorice interfere with hormones? I drink licorice tea almost everyday!
Spiletta42
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galatea024 wrote:
wait... how does licorice interfere with hormones? I drink licorice tea almost everyday!

To be honest, I can't explain the exact chemical properties of whatever it is that is in licorice that causes trouble, but I do know you have to ingest a fair bit of it before it matters, and also that many licorice flavored products have had the troublesome chemical removed.

Many years ago I did a little reading on the topic, after someone told me a story about a racehorse in the 1950's whose lack of muscle tone and other physical problems were greatly vexing a trainer, until the culprit turned out to be a child feeding candy to the horse. Skeptical about this story, I did some research, but the details escape me now. It's just the first example that sprang to mind when mulling over the Jules facts.
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! I was worried for a few minutes there and googling licorice... On another note, I have the feeling that you need to be born trait positive and that it isn't something you can hide... i think the diet is to help aid in the ceremony itself - not for the testing of the trait - but it is a theory worth considering.
Spiletta42
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galatea024 wrote:
I have the feeling that you need to be born trait positive and that it isn't something you can hide... i think the diet is to help aid in the ceremony itself - not for the testing of the trait - but it is a theory worth considering.

Yes, I agree that the diet was presented as relating to the ceremony, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. But if the girl is on a forced diet, she could in theory be compelled by the strictness of the diet to sneak licorice or something.

Anyway, Bree's father and this Gilman dude thought it was possible to hide or negate Bree's trait-positive, so following that, I must wonder if that could possibly relate to trait-negative Jules.

Or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: