Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is becoming a bad horror movie... (LONG nooB post)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeZRed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: This is becoming a bad horror movie... (LONG nooB post) Reply with quote

(Note that this was supposed to be posted several vids ago, but I had problems registering - thanks Broken Kid!!)

Since this is my first post, let me begin by saying I love this... series? I'm completely hooked. I randomly came across one of the middle vids and then spent the next three days watching all two hundred twenty-odd vids. Didn't get much work done those three days, but I'm definatley hooked, now; can't wait to see what's coming next.

That said, a few things have been irritating me to the point that I can't get them out of my head - maybe discussion will make them go away. You know how in horror movies there's always someone who says "I'll be back," then walks into the dense woods at night to investigate a strange noise in the basement? It seems our heroes' actions have become reminiscient of those movies..

DB:
It seems like ever since the Beast learned his feelings for Bree were unrequited, his interest in helping/saving her has been waning. I suppose there are people like that, but it doesn't seem realistic, to me, for him to just drop her like that when he believes her life is in danger. He may be upset that she doesn't have the same feelings, but that doesn't mean he immediately stops caring about her.

He was willing to stalk Bree and risk crashing the fake ceremony when she was hangin' with Lucy, but now he's more interested in goofing off all day with the damaged girl than trying to find his friend whose life he believes is in danger? I don't think so.

Now, I'm all for "playing" (PG-13, right?) with the damaged girl, especially when she's throwing it at him, but wasting an entire day like that? I guess it's not that big a deal, though - they just believe the Ceremony is imminent and are questioning if Bree will survive it.

I hope MY life is never in his hands.

Jonas:
I know that Jonas is on his way back now, Taylor in tow (who didn't see that coming, right?), but what was he thinking, driving to Texas?

He said it's a 1500mi drive - that's 24hrs of speeding if he doesn't stop for rest and is able to stay on major highways/interstates. What happens if Bree is suddenly located and Jonas is on the road? They're not using cell phones any more, so he won't know until he gets to Tx. Then it's a 24hr drive back to Cali, ASSUMING he's able to do a turn-around he doesn't stop for rest on the way back.

Even if he gets rest in Tx before Bree is (hypothetically) located, he's still 24hrs away - and if he doesn't stop for rest he'll be all but useless when he arrives. I know the writers had to find Taylor a ride to Cali so she could stay in the plot, but it makes NO sense for Jonas to have gone back to Tx. If you're tired of the people around you, you go do something with out them for a bit - you don't take a 3000 mi drive, especially when you're friend's life is in jeopardy somewhere nearby.

Group:
Are these people dumb, or just stupid? "We have nothing obvious that we can do, so we'll just screw off and see if our friend dies." Jonas had enough "spy movies" to entertain Bree for a day, but apparently he's never watched any of them. He has a girl (Taylor) who can hack into a telcomm computer system and locate a cell phone signal in the woods near his house, AND who is eager to help, but they've "done everything they can think of." Two words for these guys: Public Records

They have the addresses of several properties owned by the Order and/or its members. Go to the County Assessor's Office Online and look up those addresses - see whose name they are in. Then search those names - see what other properties they own that you didn't know about. Go check those properties out, maybe you'll get lucky and find Bree, maybe you'll get lucky and find more info about the Order. And guess what, all of that is Public Record, no hacking required.

We know the Order is trying to pass itself off as a religion, and here in the good ol' U-S-of-A that means one thing: no taxes. But they have to register for that. Look up the registration forms - who signed them? Do we know that person? Do they own property ? What's at that property? a house? an office? We're about to start a trend, here: Public Record

They've also seen a number of cars driven by Order memebers - Lucy's car, Alex's car, the car that picked Alex up at the beach, the car that Bree got into - that's four just off the top of my head. Pull their license plates off the video and see who the cars are registered to, which will also tell you what other cars are registered to them AND where they live - yup, more property searches.

"Property," for the uninitiated, means "somewhere Bree could be."

Okay, so vehicle registrations aren't public record; but they ARE available to a much broader range of people than cell phone GPS information - this means accessible networks much more vulnerable to penetration than the telcomm, which means Taylor should have no problem getting this info if she can hack a telcomm.

I'm sure there would be a lot of dead-ends in those property searches, but for a couple hours on the computer and the price of a tank of gas (granted, gas prices are out of control - but I doubt it would take 3000mi to track them all down), it's worth trying. At least it'd be a lot more pro-active than screwing off for a day or taking a three or four day trip to Tx.

--

So, my new friends on the forums, what do ya'll think? Sorry this post is so long, but like I said at the very beginning, I've had a few days to think about it. And the more I think, the less I understand the actions of our would-be heroes.

Talk to you all soon,

MZR
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the phorum my phriend.
Your post was a little long I don't think were any wasted words. It is always nice to here a fresh voice - beleive me! It's also refreshing to and informative to get the perspective of a "Newbie" particularly when it is as well written, light hearted, honest,and straightforward.

I think maybe you held back a few things but it is simply polite to hold back a little it in ones first post. Ahhh civility and politeness...something I am too often shme ort on. Me Culpa.

In any case...

Welcome to our nightmare Mike. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you and less from me Smile
simplykimmie13
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: This is becoming a bad horror movie... (LONG nooB post) Reply with quote

WELL first i wanna say Welcome! my fellow newbie!
yess as you can see
<<<<
i am too a newbie!! Smile
(hey at least you didnt make the mistake I did! i wrote a post that was COMPLETLY useless bcos everyone has already done it! lol)

MikeZRed wrote:

DB:
It seems like ever since the Beast learned his feelings for Bree were unrequited, his interest in helping/saving her has been waning. I suppose there are people like that, but it doesn't seem realistic, to me, for him to just drop her like that when he believes her life is in danger. He may be upset that she doesn't have the same feelings, but that doesn't mean he immediately stops caring about her.

He was willing to stalk Bree and risk crashing the fake ceremony when she was hangin' with Lucy, but now he's more interested in goofing off all day with the damaged girl than trying to find his friend whose life he believes is in danger? I don't think so.

Now, I'm all for "playing" (PG-13, right?) with the damaged girl, especially when she's throwing it at him, but wasting an entire day like that? I guess it's not that big a deal, though - they just believe the Ceremony is imminent and are questioning if Bree will survive it.

I hope MY life is never in his hands.

Jonas:
I know that Jonas is on his way back now, Taylor in tow (who didn't see that coming, right?), but what was he thinking, driving to Texas?

He said it's a 1500mi drive - that's 24hrs of speeding if he doesn't stop for rest and is able to stay on major highways/interstates. What happens if Bree is suddenly located and Jonas is on the road? They're not using cell phones any more, so he won't know until he gets to Tx. Then it's a 24hr drive back to Cali, ASSUMING he's able to do a turn-around he doesn't stop for rest on the way back.

Even if he gets rest in Tx before Bree is (hypothetically) located, he's still 24hrs away - and if he doesn't stop for rest he'll be all but useless when he arrives. I know the writers had to find Taylor a ride to Cali so she could stay in the plot, but it makes NO sense for Jonas to have gone back to Tx. If you're tired of the people around you, you go do something with out them for a bit - you don't take a 3000 mi drive, especially when you're friend's life is in jeopardy somewhere nearby.

ya kno, your right! im sorry, but Beast needs to put his feelings to the side and get down to helping his TRUE friend!!

and thats kinda funny about Jonas! seriously, that was a pretttty dumb move! lol

Quote:

They have the addresses of several properties owned by the Order and/or its members. Go to the County Assessor's Office Online and look up those addresses - see whose name they are in. Then search those names - see what other properties they own that you didn't know about. Go check those properties out, maybe you'll get lucky and find Bree, maybe you'll get lucky and find more info about the Order. And guess what, all of that is Public Record, no hacking required.

We know the Order is trying to pass itself off as a religion, and here in the good ol' U-S-of-A that means one thing: no taxes. But they have to register for that. Look up the registration forms - who signed them? Do we know that person? Do they own property ? What's at that property? a house? an office? We're about to start a trend, here: Public Record

They've also seen a number of cars driven by Order memebers - Lucy's car, Alex's car, the car that picked Alex up at the beach, the car that Bree got into - that's four just off the top of my head. Pull their license plates off the video and see who the cars are registered to, which will also tell you what other cars are registered to them AND where they live - yup, more property searches.

wooow your soo right!! if they wouldve just payed attention to stuff like that then this would be a WHOLE lot easier!!

ok so welcome again!
--kimmie
Mvidrine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you say. Unfortunatly this series seems to be affected by outside influences more than lets say tv shows or movies, causing sudden plot changes, the main charicter appearing once a week, and people hooking up and breaking up on the hour every hour. One can hope for some action soon
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First...Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!!

and I must say i am very impressed by the noob posting Smile
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Welcome!!! Smile

I must say...what an impressive 1st post. You rock. You have lots of good ideas.

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sheetzjunkie
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post welcom to our crazy days of wondering why the group does what they do.

Laughing
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright alright!That's enough! Let's not give the kid a swelled head ok?

You know it's just a matter of time until you people will just break MikeZRed's heart.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. GREAT Avatar sheetzjunkie!!! YOu really caught those girls in their real character! I think you cold say you "caught them with their pants down"! so to speak! hee heee
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, that was a great first post - love the thinking there...nice work!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just so you dont get too confident..

this post sucked!

only not really. very nice and well thought out. especially for a first post.
and i agree that sometimes these people are idiots, but i think weve all grown use to (if unaccepting of) it.

i also love some of the ideas for productive research. im sure if taylor or jonas *coughcough* saw this, they might actually try some of it.

Offical Vice President of the Spencer Gilman fanclub!
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Mike I did my best to warn you Smile
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry if i did any heart breaking! i really didnt mean it!

im just trying to help break him in easily, before the real haters get at it.

so really, it was an act of love.

EDIT- because i cant spell.

Offical Vice President of the Spencer Gilman fanclub!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

staticmorning wrote:
im sorry if i did any heart breaking! i really didnt mean it!

im just trying to help break him in easily, before the real haters get at it.

so really, it was an act of love.

EDIT- because i cant spell.

Which haters? There are no haters here. There are phanwankers, satirical humorists, critics and scoffers, but no haters, the haters are all over at Youtube. Although we do have our occasional flame war, so keep your wits about you and be prepared to duck and cover.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Which haters? There are no haters here.
Oh...there are so haters. Player haters. They frequently frequent this forum. You must be quick witted and have your hater blockers on at all times.

Refer to this if you need further advice. Which you will, young chitlin, you will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: