Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has the potential to upset some people. Women are very sensitive about weight issues (for good reasons, due to the societal reasons listed above.)

Just remember that it's OK to disagree with an idea without attacking the poster. So far, all is well, but there is potential for harm. Thanks.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
FeministPsych
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricaCrowley wrote:

Being slim is a healthy choice unless you take it to a sick extreme. I'll admit that I only weigh about 95 pounds but I am also only 5" 4' tall so this is not unhealthy. I am almost a size one. There are a lot of lazy fat girls that will attack me for trying to stay slim when the reality is I really don't try at all because I have a stomach problem that my new doctor insists is almost healed. If he is right about my stomach then I will stay slim because I enjoy feeling healthy. At the end of the day there is nothing desirable about a girl who is to lazy to keep herself in shape.

Erica,

I agree there is nothing wrong with staying healthy. Obesity is a big problem. However, there is a range of healthy weights, and someone doesn't have to be extremely thin to be healthy. For example, someone your height could be 145 pounds and still considered to be a healthy weight.

You claim that being 5'4" and 95 pounds is "healthy," but actually, that is underweight and almost as unhealthy as being overweight. If these are actually your stats (because this is community forum I'm not necessarily going to assume they are), your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 16.3. Healthy weight range is considered a BMI of 18.5-24.9. Someone with that low of a BMI want to consult a health care professional to see if you need to gain weight, according to the CDC's website's BMI calculator.

I don't claim to be able to diagnose anything over an internet forum, but if you are concerned about your weight (again, these might not even be your real stats), do seek help. There are all kinds of medical problems that can lead to being underweight. In addition, if you are actively trying to keep your weight that low, it could be dangerous to your health. Again, I'm not trying to preach or diagnose, just expressing concern. Take care of yourself.

Edit: Hey Erica, I just re-read your post and saw that you already discussed having stomach problems, which I'm assuming you're getting taken care of medically. Therefore, my post doesn't necessarily apply any more. However, I'm going to leave it in case there are other girls or guys who are underweight or struggling with weight.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think eating disorders like anorexia are worse than being obese. I'd rather be fat than dead.
FeministPsych
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true, consideration. Anorexia has the highest mortality rate of any psychological disorder. Sad
Aerrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay as fun as it is to read everyone getting mad at Erica or whatever.. j/k <3 Erica, lol.. But all of this is mostly opinion vs. opinion so anyone getting mad, I think you should be a little old for that, it's not even like she is telling anyone they are fat it's just an open thing.. If your fat and it offends you get the hell over it, I mean it's childish to get mad at things like that, it's almost like all the muscley retards that don't like the smart kids because they say being smart is better.. I mean really I have a few fat family members which of course say, "It's not our faults.." while they eat thier McDonalds and pizza.. But wtv, some people can't help it because health problems like my grandma, but besides stuff like that.. It's just sheer laziness and not caring if you die at an early age.. So no one really needs to get on Erica's case, if you want to voice your opinion thats cool but commenting negatively on her opinion isn't really anything but childish... And if you want to hate on someone hate on me, because I agree with her, I wouldn't wanna do it with a fat chick, the thought makes me more sick to my stomach then the 150 proof rum I was drinking earlier.. Yea it's my 18th bday party and my aunt thought it'd be fun to give me some shots..

-Buddha
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FeministPsych wrote:
It is true, consideration. Anorexia has the highest mortality rate of any psychological disorder. Sad
Wow, I didn't know that.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets love not fight!
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how this thread is all about a women being fat and no mention of men what so ever. Go figure.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why doesn't everyone just go take a trip into the "I love donuts" thread and calm down?! If you want to puke your guts out afterwards, feel free.
Sim7lizard
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:
Why doesn't everyone just go take a trip into the "I love donuts" thread and calm down?! If you want to puke your guts out afterwards, feel free.

HAve I told you lately that you're the best? Coz you are!!!! You're the best!!!!
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:
I love how this thread is all about a women being fat and no mention of men what so ever. Go figure.
I know. Confused
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
ShardinsKitten wrote:
I know. Confused

It's just our society's stereotypical gender bias toward issues such as this (looks, finances, relationships, emotions etc.)

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was split off from a thread in Taylor Chat, so a lot of this is kinda out of context.
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was kinda lost...Didn't know where it came from but thought I'd add my 2 cents...lol

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoseCrowley wrote:
colbertnationgirl wrote:
ShardinsKitten wrote:
I know. Confused

It's just our society's stereotypical gender bias toward issues such as this (looks, finances, relationships, emotions etc.)
I know, but to pressure girls into thinking that their only worth is in how they look is just wrong. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: