Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You're a good man, Spence.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iampenguin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: You're a good man, Spence. Reply with quote

A bit of a dork, yes.

I have no idea what book you were talking about at the end there, by the way @_@

But regardless: You made a good choice, helping out those in need. You're a good man, Spencer.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Spence. Seriously. And take a good long look at that letter, okay?

M

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of the Worlds FTW, man! Gads, Kuttner & Moore - who were GREAT together!...I didn't know anyone else had ever been down the Well! You're the best, Spence, you ARE!!

But, yeah, let's not re-read a great book (we can talk science fiction goodies later, right?) when there's research to do and the game is afoot?

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!

Last edited by chershaytoute on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mindinflight
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spence, thanks for giving all of us here (including Daniel and gang) a chance. I know its a big risk, but you're doing the right thing. Smile We have faith in your mad researching skills! We're also right here if you need us.

Shhhhhh! I'm the OBO of the SSJF. Smile

http://www.bebo.com/mindinflight
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spencer i love you Surprised
thoughtssopoetic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: You're a good man, Spence. Reply with quote

iampenguin wrote:
A bit of a dork, yes.

I have no idea what book you were talking about at the end there, by the way @_@

But regardless: You made a good choice, helping out those in need. You're a good man, Spencer.

dorks are definitely the coolest people around.

I am so glad we helped you understand things a bit better.

You are a good man, and thank you so much for agreeing to help out.

you are my hero, no lies.
--
I'm mad at David Yates and Michael Goldenberg. That was NOT how Sirius died.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer, I'm going to copy something from a thread I started, because I think it fits better here. It's a mite long, but I think you'll like it.

Esteed wrote:
Okay, Spencer, look. You don’t have to do anything. I’m going to say that right up front. You weren’t rocketed to Earth from a dying planet. You weren’t given a super soldier serum by the American military. You can’t climb walls or pop claws or any of those other things that would make putting yourself in the line of fire a little less risky. You have absolutely no responsibility or obligation to help a bunch of strangers when that means putting yourself in the line of fire and possibly giving up your life, figuratively and literally. Choosing to do nothing does not make you a bad person, and anyone that says otherwise needs to step back and honestly ask themselves what they would do in that situation.

Here’s the thing. Nobility comes from doing the right thing, even when it causes you risk. The greater the risk, the nobler the act is considered. Do you know what makes a hero? A hero isn’t a cape and some tights and a big insignia. A hero is someone who sees that they could easily back away and preserve themselves and their own world, but plunge into the breach anyway out of nothing more than the desire to help the innocents. I hate to bring this up as I’m sure it’s a touchy subject for some, but the firefighters and rescue workers and everyone else that ran into the World Trade Center to help people get out were heroes. The people on the third plane were heroes. These people had no indestructibility. They had no healing factor or spider-agility.

They had families. Friends. Homes. Whole lives, branching out and interweaving with other lives in an immense tapestry of humanity. And in the blink of an eye, they put all that aside and rushed to the aid of their fellow man, even knowing they could die, even knowing they could become ill from all the debris in the air. Good men and women stepped up and proved that no matter how cynical one is, there is still something great and fiery and good in humanity.

It’s your choice. You aren’t any less of a good man for choosing not to help. But choosing to help would make you something much more. Choosing to help would make you a hero. Just think about that, Spencer.

You just proved what type of man you are, Spencer. You are a hero.

Proud member of the Sarah Fan Club.
thoughtssopoetic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:
Spencer, I'm going to copy something from a thread I started, because I think it fits better here. It's a mite long, but I think you'll like it.

Esteed wrote:
Okay, Spencer, look. You don’t have to do anything. I’m going to say that right up front. You weren’t rocketed to Earth from a dying planet. You weren’t given a super soldier serum by the American military. You can’t climb walls or pop claws or any of those other things that would make putting yourself in the line of fire a little less risky. You have absolutely no responsibility or obligation to help a bunch of strangers when that means putting yourself in the line of fire and possibly giving up your life, figuratively and literally. Choosing to do nothing does not make you a bad person, and anyone that says otherwise needs to step back and honestly ask themselves what they would do in that situation.

Here’s the thing. Nobility comes from doing the right thing, even when it causes you risk. The greater the risk, the nobler the act is considered. Do you know what makes a hero? A hero isn’t a cape and some tights and a big insignia. A hero is someone who sees that they could easily back away and preserve themselves and their own world, but plunge into the breach anyway out of nothing more than the desire to help the innocents. I hate to bring this up as I’m sure it’s a touchy subject for some, but the firefighters and rescue workers and everyone else that ran into the World Trade Center to help people get out were heroes. The people on the third plane were heroes. These people had no indestructibility. They had no healing factor or spider-agility.

They had families. Friends. Homes. Whole lives, branching out and interweaving with other lives in an immense tapestry of humanity. And in the blink of an eye, they put all that aside and rushed to the aid of their fellow man, even knowing they could die, even knowing they could become ill from all the debris in the air. Good men and women stepped up and proved that no matter how cynical one is, there is still something great and fiery and good in humanity.

It’s your choice. You aren’t any less of a good man for choosing not to help. But choosing to help would make you something much more. Choosing to help would make you a hero. Just think about that, Spencer.

You just proved what type of man you are, Spencer. You are a hero.

i'm seconding that.
definitely a hero.
--
I'm mad at David Yates and Michael Goldenberg. That was NOT how Sirius died.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<leans forward and cocks head to side, listening to Esteed> Wow! That was extremely well said.

Yeah...heroes are ordinary people doing extraordinary things they don't have to do...just because they see the need to step forward and do them, plain and simple.

Spencer, you've just come forward and placed yourself quite firmly into that category. You didn't have to step into a phonebooth and put on tights or anything! (of course, it's been eons since I even SAW a phonebooth, so that's probably for the best, huh? <chuckle>)

Ya Done Good!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Spencer Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: