Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding Spencer's Vid ("I'm Here to Help")

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Be honest- did you REALLY question, at any point, if we would hear from Spencer again?
Yes. The Creators have been completely unpredictible up to this point, who knows what's going to happen?
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
No. You really have to ask this question?
87%
 87%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 41

MikeZRed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Regarding Spencer's Vid ("I'm Here to Help") Reply with quote

First, let me move Taig's post from the "This is becoming a bad horror movie" thread to this one:

Taig wrote:

Spencer: LOVE him! Very cool character. He's iust the sort of doofus that is perfect for this series. I am not being faetious. I mean it. Part of what I loved about LG15 in the beginning was the innocence and naivete' of the players

Spencer brings a lot of that back. I still have some issues (hee hee there are those who would say I have quite a few Wink) with things but really...I am stoked to see this character develop.

Why did that dope Sarah dump those papers in the first place? Does she know something she doesn't want us to know?

Taig- did you mean facetious? good word. There are a couple other threads as far as Sarah's dumping the papers goes, but, personally, I am in the 'It Was an Accident' camp. (Then again, read my first post in "This is becoming a bad horror movie" and it's obvious that my common sense and the plot rarely follow the same lines.)

I agree with Taig about Spencer, though at times he is such a doofus that I find him hard to watch. He seems to be hyperbole at his core, so over the top that I think part of the Creator's intent is to use him as a foil - the Beast, though obviously not a doofus, seemed somewhat socially inept until we met Spencer.

I saw (or think I remember seeing) a couple threads about who was going to show up again, next, or where Spencer was, if he was coming back, etc., so I have created a poll to amuse myself.

My thinking is that the Creators wouldn't spend so much time on the Gillman arc, AND cast an actor as Spencer for him to appear in a single video - aside from what he could possibly add to the storyline, the real-world dynamics suggested that Spencer was coming back.

But that's just my opinion - what are ya'll's thoughts on the matter?
abi
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I genuinely hate Spencer with every fibre of my being.
His two videos have been almost unbareable to watch.

It was absolutley no suprise that Spencer was going to become a regular character and I don't think it will be long until he meets up with the others in California. There aren't that many things that are predictable within the series, but Spencer becoming a reaccuring character was definitely one of them - mainly due to the Neutregena deal.

I hope he hardens himself up and stops being such a wimp.

Last edited by abi on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:30 am; edited 3 times in total
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Spencer in the first vid. The second one, he's still dopey and cute, but the actor's forcing the awkward nerd thing too much. He seems a little insane or "mad scientist" to me now. If that's what they're going for, he does an excellent job at coming off just a little unstable.

Of course, there's all sorts of quotes about genius and insanity being close in nature, and most of our great thinkers were neurotic in some way, so...
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like him. I just want to mollycoddle him. Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wordfish
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i think he's pretty much nailed goofy science guy. My brother is a mildly autistic rocket scientist, and i think, were spencer gilman a real person, they would get along famously...
either that, or they would have to fight some sort of nerdlinger duel because there can be only one highlander...
or something
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOG, it was obvious that he'd be coming back, due to the deal between the Creators and Neutrogena.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wordfish wrote:
actually, i think he's pretty much nailed goofy science guy. My brother is a mildly autistic rocket scientist, and i think, were spencer gilman a real person, they would get along famously...
either that, or they would have to fight some sort of nerdlinger duel because there can be only one highlander...
or something

I'm a biochem major and have worked in five different labs...I've NEVER been in class or lab with anyone who approaches that level of nerdiness/awkwardness (and believe me, I know a fair share of awkward nerds Laughing ).

But it's not fair to jump down the throat of the actor...he's gotta work with the script and direction that he's given.
MikeZRed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here... what Neutrogena deal? and how did we learn about it?
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you guys ever watched Beauty and the Geek? The first season I believe...there was alot of really sterotypical nerdy guys on there, inculding one who just blew my mind with the nerdiness. That said...the last thing in the vid, comparing himself to a fairly obscure fictional character was really totally nerdy and maybe a little bit over the top. But his laugh is so cute and nerdy and adorable and it makes me giggle so I don't care Laughing
My LG15 Vid
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:
Haven't you guys ever watched Beauty and the Geek? The first season I believe...there was alot of really sterotypical nerdy guys on there, inculding one who just blew my mind with the nerdiness.
The guy who got paired with that Mindy chick or something?
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Aponi wrote:
Haven't you guys ever watched Beauty and the Geek? The first season I believe...there was alot of really sterotypical nerdy guys on there, inculding one who just blew my mind with the nerdiness.
The guy who got paired with that Mindy chick or something?

Oh yeah.

He's the guy (obviously).

I kind of like how the Creators are making everyone so different though. If Spencer was introduced as another 'dude, bro, lets play foosball' guy I think I might not like him as much. He adds something because he is so different. Plus, I think it's a bit of a laugh for us, esspecially for people who don't enjoy Sarah's brand of 'comedy'.
My LG15 Vid
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:
That said...the last thing in the vid, comparing himself to a fairly obscure fictional character was really totally nerdy and maybe a little bit over the top. But his laugh is so cute and nerdy and adorable and it makes me giggle so I don't care Laughing

Actually, I thought that was the part that was spot on. Fits right in with alot of geekdom.
CalientePocket
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:

I kind of like how the Creators are making everyone so different though. .

Different is good, but the newer characters (i.e. Spencer and Sarah) seem so stereotypical to me.

I guess the more videos we get from them, the more opportunities they'll have to break beyond simply being token nerd/token angsty counterculture representatives...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: