Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Relationships

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTurtle
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Relationships Reply with quote

K, so I was thinking, last night lying in bed, about LG15 and the lateset plot developments, sad I know but I was slightly drunk and had just been to karioke. Sorry not sure that had anything to do with the point i'm making here Laughing

Anyway i thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if Taylor and Spencer got together after all they're both science geeks and inteligent, then I stopped and thought no that would be really predictable and cliche...

Moving on, as not to continue with my above thought, and turn this into a negative rant. After seeing the latest video ("The Bree Solution")I don't like how all the characters are all suddenly flirting, angsting over or in somesort of romantic relationship with each other. I don't think it's a very acurate portrayal of people our age, sure you'll meet people you click with and find attractive but it doesn't mean you get together with them (not that Taylor and Spencer have got together ...yet). Just that I find it a little unbeliveable that they are all with each other not other people. I remember back in the early days Bree talking about this unknown guy called Daniel and how there was at least a little bit of mystery surrounding it, it was good!

But it's not all bad:

1. As mentioned above Bree and Daniel, didn't work out, very reflective of real life, not every relationship works.

2. Bree and Jonas, after all Bree is the main protagonist she needs to have somekind of love interest.

...from there on in i'm afraid it goes down hill. Having said that I can kind of see the Daniel and Sarah thing, after all Daniel needed someone to help him get over Bree and Jonas' aunt. If him and Sarah don't work out it would start to make a patturn that he's the type of character who's always the unlucky one when it comes to love and relationships.

I'd really like the creatos to come up with some thing fresh, new, exciting and un-pridicted other than romance and angst, I think there is too much emphasis on the romantic side of things.
But maybe i'm being too harsh here. Someone told me something once "Only 1 in 10 ideas is a good one" ... but that's just me speaking from a writer's standpoint.

In anycase I prefer to feel characters should get together before they do themselves. It all seems a little too fast, convinient and basically easy for the characters. I think that the creators should stop trying to please everyone and turn it back into what it was and should be, an intriguing, pulse racing, socially reflective mystery story in which they are in control with.

At the end of the day this is only my opinion, don't feel threatend by it.

What are everyone elses thoughts on this?
balmung480
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kinda like everyone being paired up lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MikeZRed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

1. You're right, it is sad.
2. You're right, again, drinking and karaoke have nothing to do with your post. Wink

Seriously, though, I agree with just about everything you said, except for Daniel and Sarah. Daniel is a stereotypical highschool guy in this regard - he basically tries to nail anyone in his vacinity that has breasts and a pulse. Sarah, well, obviously, she's the damaged girl.

I have to disagree with you on one point, though, I hope that Taylor and Spencer DO get together. Then the authorities could arrest him for Statutory Rape and send him to prison.

While Spence is getting corn-holed by a large man with African ancestry, then, the rest of the cast could get on with the friggin' story.

Just an idea.
KTurtle
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I take it your not a Spencer fan then?

I think he's pretty cool but i'd like to see a single character who's happy with being single for a while and not have someone chasing after them lol I guess i'm just picky Rolling Eyes

Yea I rekon your right about Daniel though, I guess because i'm English the typical Amerian high school guy is a little bit lost on me XD
irenedirks
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oke but I remember that all the people in my sisters dancingclass

had ALL dated each other??

eeeuuuuwww so grose just went from one to the other!!

so it might be just very typical for young people to date all the people they meet and like
MikeZRed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTurtle- I thought Spence's first two vids were just annoying, but he was alright in this last one. I don't wish him ill, I just wish the story would get a move on.

irenedirks- whether or not it's "eeeuuuuwww so grose" depends entirely on what's involved in "dating"
zombie
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. However, they (jonas, daniel, sarah, taylor, etc. etc.) are so consumed in the Bree situation I doubt they make time to interact with people outside of their little conspiracy circle. It seems natural that relationships would start to form when ultimately they are just a bunch of teenagers that have the same hormones as everyone else. I'd just like to know what magic potion Daniel takes to score all these mega babes while having goat-like facial features.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Relationships Reply with quote

KTurtle wrote:
I was thinking, last night lying in bed, about LG15

You do that too huh?

Seriously though, what I wonder about is what these people are doing the rest of the days, outside of the vids. Do they have jobs, do they enter hot dog eating competitions. I mean, there has to be some kind of interaction with some other people. Even if it's just the grandpa behind the counter in the local deli.

But...

If they really only hang out with each other all day every day, then eventually they are going to pair off. It's kind of human nature. If you've reduced your dating pool to just 3 people, one of them is going to get luck eventually.
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if in their time not on video they ever try to I dunno, -get their friend away from the cult- or if they continue to just wile away flirting and eating snacks while living off of Jonas.
BlackCatonMars
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

irenedirks wrote:
oke but I remember that all the people in my sisters dancingclass

had ALL dated each other??

eeeuuuuwww so grose just went from one to the other!!

so it might be just very typical for young people to date all the people they meet and like

Haha, my fencing team was kind of like that. A lot of the guys on our team have at least had crushes or dated the girls on the team. We call it "teamcest" and most of us who have indulged in it agree that it's generally a bad idea, for us at least.

In terms of the series I think I agree that I don't want to see everyone paired off or in the middle of relationship angst all the time. A little bit is natural in a group like that but it's been a bit much lately...and the focus of the show should be somewhere else more...exciting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: