Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Julia Anderson's name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Julia Anderson's name Reply with quote

So I was in the Beast Chat and I realized that Julia is the only character for whom we know a last name. In the past, we have always looked into names as symbolic, Daniel, The "beast", Cassie (of course)... so I looked up Julia's name.

Julia
Feminine form of the old Roman family name Julius. A woman called Julia is mentioned in Paul's Epistle to the Romans (Romans 16:15), and the name was borne by numerous early saints. Its frequency increased with the vogue for classical names in the 18th century, and it continues to enjoy considerable popularity, although the recent introduction of Julie to the English-speaking world has reduced this somewhat.

Anderson:
Definition: Patronymic surname meaning "son of Andrew." Andrew (man, manly) was the first of Jesus' disciples, and was a revered name in medieval times due to its church connections. St. Andrew is the patron saint of both Scotland and Russia. Many Danes, Norwegians and Swedes who emigrated to America with the last name Andersson or Anderssen, dropped the extra -S after their arrival.

Surname Origin: Danish, Norwegian, English, Swedish

Alternate Surname Spellings: ANDERSON, ANDERSSON, ANDERSSEN, MCANDREWS

Thus, I proceeded to look up Julius and Andrew:

Julius
Usage: Ancient Roman, English, German
Pronounced: JOO-lee-us (English), YOO-lee-uws (German) [key]
From a Roman family name which was possibly derived from Greek ιουλος (ioulos) "downy-bearded". Alternatively, it could be related to the name of the Roman god JUPITER. This was a prominent patrician family of Rome, claiming descent from the mythological Julus, son of Aeneas. Its most notable member was Gaius Julius Caesar, ruler of the Roman Republic and a skillful military leader who increased the borders of the Republic into Gaul before being stabbed to death in the senate. This was also the name of three popes.
Jupiter:
Usage: Roman Mythology
Pronounced: JOO-pi-tur (English) [key]
From Latin Iupiter, which was from dyeu-pater, composed of the elements dyeus (see ZEUS) and pater "father". Jupiter was the supreme god in Roman mythology. He presided over the heavens and light, and was responsible for the protection and laws of the Roman state. This is also the name of the fifth and largest planet in the solar system.

Andrew:
Usage: English, Biblical
Pronounced: AN-droo [key]
From the Greek name Ανδρεας (Andreas), which derives from ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος (andros) "of a man"). In the New Testament the apostle Andrew was the brother of the apostle Simon Peter. According to legend he was crucified on an X-shaped cross, and he is the patron saint of Scotland, Russia, Greece and Romania. This was also the name of kings of Hungary.

My conclusion: Julia's name essentially suggests that she is a man from Jupiter, who will be unjustly persecuted on an X-shaped cross in Rome by her/his best friend. Laughing
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: No significance Reply with quote

Her name probably doesn't have a lot of significance, considering that Amanda and Shannon originally cooked these videos up as fan fic. I doubt they sat around doing name etymologies before filming them. Name meanings are always interesting though!
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Julia Anderson's name Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
My conclusion: Julia's name essentially suggests that she is a man from Jupiter, who will be unjustly persecuted on an X-shaped cross in Rome by her/his best friend. Laughing
You have WAAAAYYYYY too much time on your hands. Laughing
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1365460/

julia anderson is the name of an actress Very Happy

who to kassias liking was in stargate
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: No significance Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:
Her name probably doesn't have a lot of significance, considering that Amanda and Shannon originally cooked these videos up as fan fic. I doubt they sat around doing name etymologies before filming them. Name meanings are always interesting though!

Wait, who? I guess I missed that story.
But anyway, I was just doing it because names have had meanings before.

And yes, maybe I do have too much time on my hands. Or maybe I am just too lazy to do what I should be doing during my free time!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Julia Anderson's name Reply with quote

My conclusion: Julia's name essentially suggests that she is a man from Jupiter

Maybe spaciegirl knows him/her! Spacie's from Jupiter.
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: No significance Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:

And yes, maybe I do have too much time on my hands. Or maybe I am just too lazy to do what I should be doing during my free time!

Here's the LGpedia link explaining the origin of the videos. I don't think we can interpret the early Jules videos or any info directly related to them (like names) since they were originally created by a fan, not the creators:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Shannon_Solomon
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: No significance Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:
Cleo wrote:

Here's the LGpedia link explaining the origin of the videos. I don't think we can interpret the early Jules videos or any info directly related to them (like names) since they were originally created by a fan, not the creators:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Shannon_Solomon

Oh yeah. She looks nothing like Amanda! And the age difference is really big. Wow. lol
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting research though Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:

stargate atlantis rocks my socks!
truncatedslinky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galatea024 wrote:
kellylen wrote:

stargate atlantis rocks my socks!

Mine too! Definitely had a stargate marathon with my friends today. I can't wait for the movies!
zombie
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Julia Anderson's name Reply with quote

So I was in the Beast Chat and I realized that Julia is the only character for whom we know a last name. In the past, we have always looked into names as symbolic, Daniel, The "beast", Cassie (of course)... so I looked up Julia's name.

Julia
Feminine form of the old Roman family name Julius. A woman called Julia is mentioned in Paul's Epistle to the Romans (Romans 16:15), and the name was borne by numerous early saints. Its frequency increased with the vogue for classical names in the 18th century, and it continues to enjoy considerable popularity, although the recent introduction of Julie to the English-speaking world has reduced this somewhat.

Anderson:
Definition: Patronymic surname meaning "son of Andrew." Andrew (man, manly) was the first of Jesus' disciples, and was a revered name in medieval times due to its church connections. St. Andrew is the patron saint of both Scotland and Russia. Many Danes, Norwegians and Swedes who emigrated to America with the last name Andersson or Anderssen, dropped the extra -S after their arrival.

Surname Origin: Danish, Norwegian, English, Swedish

Alternate Surname Spellings: ANDERSON, ANDERSSON, ANDERSSEN, MCANDREWS

Thus, I proceeded to look up Julius and Andrew:

Julius
Usage: Ancient Roman, English, German
Pronounced: JOO-lee-us (English), YOO-lee-uws (German) [key]
From a Roman family name which was possibly derived from Greek ιουλος (ioulos) "downy-bearded". Alternatively, it could be related to the name of the Roman god JUPITER. This was a prominent patrician family of Rome, claiming descent from the mythological Julus, son of Aeneas. Its most notable member was Gaius Julius Caesar, ruler of the Roman Republic and a skillful military leader who increased the borders of the Republic into Gaul before being stabbed to death in the senate. This was also the name of three popes.
Jupiter:
Usage: Roman Mythology
Pronounced: JOO-pi-tur (English) [key]
From Latin Iupiter, which was from dyeu-pater, composed of the elements dyeus (see ZEUS) and pater "father". Jupiter was the supreme god in Roman mythology. He presided over the heavens and light, and was responsible for the protection and laws of the Roman state. This is also the name of the fifth and largest planet in the solar system.

Andrew:
Usage: English, Biblical
Pronounced: AN-droo [key]
From the Greek name Ανδρεας (Andreas), which derives from ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος (andros) "of a man"). In the New Testament the apostle Andrew was the brother of the apostle Simon Peter. According to legend he was crucified on an X-shaped cross, and he is the patron saint of Scotland, Russia, Greece and Romania. This was also the name of kings of Hungary.

Thank you for this bit of humor my friend. Introducing an alien into the plot would make my year, and contribute to their whole group of social outcasts. I mean they already have 3 nerds(bree, Taylor, Spencer), an orphan(Jonas), a goth slut(Sarah), and a goat-boy(Daniel), an alien would obviously be the next great addition to this group of supa freaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: