Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Proposed Explanation of The Bree Solution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: A Proposed Explanation of The Bree Solution Reply with quote

Hey Taylor, I think that we've made some progress interpreting Isaac Gilman's deciphered paper - what do you make of this?

So, there has been a lot of awesome work done deciphering the words that have been water-damaged. What’s missing from a lot of this effort, though, is a cohesive theory making sense of the document. Below, I present a theory, developed in collaboration with marlasinger (lovely diagrams courtesy of her, too!), regarding the meaning and significance of the document’s contents.

So, Bree’s blood contains a ribozyme that has a special activity that is unique only to her (Given Fact #1). The gene coding for this ribozyme (in everyone, not just Bree), has a regulatory element that is prone to hypermutation – that is to say, a regulatory portion of the gene mutates frequently (Given Fact #2). We propose that this regulatory element is controlling the correct synthesis of the RNA strand that is complementary to the active coding strand. Put more simply, the coding strand specifies a RNA molecule that is “active” – it is the functional ribozyme that resides in Bree’s blood. Each Hymn of One girl has this gene (Given Fact #3). HOWEVER, each of them also synthesizes the RNA strand that is complementary to this active molecule. This complementary strand binds to the ribozyme, rendering it inactive.

Figure 1.0 – ribozyme; inactive with complementary RNA strand binding to active RNA strand:

Note – complementary colors indicate where strands bind.

But, what makes Bree special is this – the regulatory element has mutated, such that it prevents the correct synthesis of the complementary RNA strand! Thus, the complementary strand is not made, and cannot bind to the active strand – the active strand remains active. Given the interpretation that Given Fact #4 says “this portion (the active strand) still functions, but you cannot block it because the complementary strand won’t copy,” this makes perfect sense. Without the complementary strand to “occlude the activity” of the active strand (Theoretical Solution #3), Bree’s ribozyme remains active.

Figure 1.1 – active strand: normal gene sequence

Figure 1.2 – complementary strand: gene sequence including regulatory gene portion, inhibiting complementary strand synthesis (note: the regulatory element is likely also located on the coding strand, but it is depicted on the complementary strand to reinforce that is where it has its effect).

Note – complementary colors indicate where strands bind.

So, this explains all of the “Given Facts,” but it goes even further – in this context, the treatment makes perfect sense. A blood sample must be taken from Bree, and the active ribozyme isolated. The ribozyme can then be sequenced – once its sequence is known, the sequence of the complementary strand will also be revealed, as in RNA, base A binds with base U on the complementary strand (and vice versa), and base G binds with base C (and vice versa). This complementary strand can be synthesized, and injected into Bree. Bree’s mutated regulatory element renders her unable to make the complementary strand, but once this strand is injected into her, it will bind to her active ribozyme and inactivate it, just as it does in everyone else who naturally synthesizes the complementary strand in their bodies. Given the text that Kellylen, Marla, myself, and others have decoded, this theory explains the proposed treatment as well!

And, this theory may even suggest a reason for the purity bond. As noted in Given Fact #2, the mutation in the regulatory element changes with every generation – it may be possible that if Bree were to have children, the ribozyme would be further destabilized, perhaps becoming uncontrollably active. Because we do not know the function of the ribozyme, we do not know what the consequences of this would be, but given its importance to the Hymn of One, the danger could be vast.

So, in the context of this theory, the pieces of this puzzle – and its solution – begin to assemble together.
megs229
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I didn't actually take the time to read all of that because I am positive that it would not make sense to me anyways, I give you two major props for figuring all of that out. I don't have the time to do something like that and even if i did I would get so frusterated that it wouldn't be understandable. Anyways, congrats and great job!
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the video that Marla made, presenting this theory much more coherently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCMKEVh1HY
wh_pirate
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megs229 wrote:
Wow. I didn't actually take the time to read all of that because I am positive that it would not make sense to me anyways, I give you two major props for figuring all of that out. I don't have the time to do something like that and even if i did I would get so frusterated that it wouldn't be understandable. Anyways, congrats and great job!

I second on everything from not reading it all to congrats.
Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: