Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMPORTANT DOCUMENT - PLEASE HELP!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krisology
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claupis wrote:
Krisology.. even that way tha sample would be dead by now.. and it doesn't have to be blood but i'll be much easier if it's blood or a healthy cell..

It was a joke... obviously. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thoughtssopoetic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claupis wrote:
Krisology.. even that way tha sample would be dead by now.. and it doesn't have to be blood but i'll be much easier if it's blood or a healthy cell..

I am pretty sure we need blood.
If he (Spencer) would be trying to synthesize a complementary strand of the RNA we most definitely need blood.

So, the papers said that very HoO girl has a mutated ribozyme, but Bree's mutation is unique to only her, correct? So Jules does have a mutated ribozyme, also correct? So Jules has a mutation but she is still trait negative, and thus the mutations have to be different. If every HoO girl has one yet Bree's is unique to just her, there is no way they can all be the same.

Plus, if we were to take blood from Jules I think we would have problems with that, if their blood types were not compatible. If you were to synthesize something form a blood type that is not compatible with Bree's blood type wouldn't her white blood cells attack what they find to be dangerous.
A friend of mine died from this, he was given the wring blood during his transfusion and his white blood cells started attacking the "intruders" and vice a versa.

I hope this actually made sense....
--
I'm mad at David Yates and Michael Goldenberg. That was NOT how Sirius died.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kait it makes a lot of sense to me
FeministPsych
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that makes perfect sense. I was a little wary about injecting Bree with someone else's blood in the first place (blood-born pathogens, etc.), but that makes me even more against it, thoughtspoetic.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoughtssopoetic wrote:
Claupis wrote:

If he (Spencer) would be trying to synthesize a complementary strand of the RNA we most definitely need blood.

So, the papers said that very HoO girl has a mutated ribozyme, but Bree's mutation is unique to only her, correct? So Jules does have a mutated ribozyme, also correct? So Jules has a mutation but she is still trait negative, and thus the mutations have to be different. If every HoO girl has one yet Bree's is unique to just her, there is no way they can all be the same.

Plus, if we were to take blood from Jules I think we would have problems with that, if their blood types were not compatible. If you were to synthesize something form a blood type that is not compatible with Bree's blood type wouldn't her white blood cells attack what they find to be dangerous.
A friend of mine died from this, he was given the wring blood during his transfusion and his white blood cells started attacking the "intruders" and vice a versa.

Yes and no. The plan is to isolate the ribozyme from her blood, synthesize the complementary strand, and then inject the strand back into her blood. It wouldn't suffice just to inject blood that contains the complementary strand into Bree (think about it...it would take a LOT of blood). And if you're just using the blood to synthesize a component from it, there wouldn't be any issues regarding an immune response.

But it's definitely true that the active mutation could be one of many things, and it's important to find a complementary strand that matches completely (i.e. bears the exact same mutation as Bree has, and therefore likely comes from Bree directly).

And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sad
thoughtssopoetic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
thoughtssopoetic wrote:
Claupis wrote:

Yes and no. The plan is to isolate the ribozyme from her blood, synthesize the complementary strand, and then inject the strand back into her blood. It wouldn't suffice just to inject blood that contains the complementary strand into Bree (think about it...it would take a LOT of blood). And if you're just using the blood to synthesize a component from it, there wouldn't be any issues regarding an immune response.

But it's definitely true that the active mutation could be one of many things, and it's important to find a complementary strand that matches completely (i.e. bears the exact same mutation as Bree has, and therefore likely comes from Bree directly).

And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sad

I was just worried if we were to take blood from someone else the risk of something like an immune response would happen to Bree, because that would possibly defeat the purpose of trying to save her. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I agree that the complementary strand must match completely. I think, as I have said before, that we need Bree. But nothing has been happening on that, or at least we haven't been updated on anything about that...
--
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it talked about blood in the papers, but it just doesn't make sense that it is only in the blood! DNA and RNA are the building blocks. They're contained in every cell in the body! It shouldn't be any different in a strand of hair than in a drop of blood.

Spencer, WHY does it need to be blood! Does this have something to do with Tetragametic chimerism? It's the only thing I can think of that would make the DNA different in different parts of the body.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
I know it talked about blood in the papers, but it just doesn't make sense that it is only in the blood! DNA and RNA are the building blocks. They're contained in every cell in the body! It shouldn't be any different in a strand of hair than in a drop of blood.

Spencer, WHY does it need to be blood! Does this have something to do with Tetragametic chimerism? It's the only thing I can think of that would make the DNA different in different parts of the body.

Ribozyme expression can be vastly different in different cells, so it makes sense that they may need a blood sample.

You have to think of ribozymes as being more akin to a protein than to a gene.
thoughtssopoetic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
sack36 wrote:

Ribozyme expression can be vastly different in different cells, so it makes sense that they may need a blood sample.

You have to think of ribozymes as being more akin to a protein than to a gene.

That is basically what I was going to say.

I feel ridiculously smart now, I was thinking the same thing as TOSG!

--
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the sky if you're on the east coast
the evening makes it a nice shade of purple.

anyway, i think you need blood too. basically, there's a reason hospitals take BLOOD tests for this sort of thing, and not like, hair tests or something.

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Spencer Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: