Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OOG/IG speaking (OOG topic.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: OOG/IG speaking (OOG topic.) Reply with quote

Okay guys we've GOT to get organised here. Multiple times in Clara's thread you guys are mentioning some Jeromy character. WE NEED TO KEEP FOCUSSED.

I'm not sure if we should be moving these threads to a separate forum where we can have our own sub forums, or if we should be posting all video discussion in "In Depth" - but somehow we need to get back into the mode where we're posting properly so that in character interaction can occur smoothly. We're not making this any easier on ourselves by being disorganized and disjointed. And the OOG talk is minor compared to what the effing IRC gets like as soon as Clara steps in there. For anyone that stayed up last night expecting her to come in: I'm glad we got a no-show. We've proven time and time again that we're not ready to handle Clara. She's the polar opposite of Maddison - bitchy, cold, insensitive, and anti-social. We need to be sensitive to that. Regardless of how unfair it is.

I'm not sure what to suggest. We could do a clean up here, or ask for new forums, just to get things organised again. I don't know if that's necessary; we'd be fine just adapting a little and continuing on here. But we have to remember to STAY FOCUSSED. That's one S for you Americans.

Trainer mentioned that our subforums are pending. I think that would be an awesome idea. And then we can take our anger out at each other in threads other than Clara's - and once we've come to an agreement on how we'll approach her, we do it clearly and CONCISELY in her thread.

I seem like I'm bitching. I'm not. I just want to see the work out - I want to see Maddison's story make it out there, and I want to know the truth. I think a lot of you are with me on that one at least.

I love you guys, and I miss how we were when we had Maddison. Let's keep working for that, okay?

First thing's first: let's get these forums organised. Trainer? Any news on those pending subs?

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to readopt some sort of thread bracketing system where every thread created has the brackets. For example:[OOG] [CORRESPONDANCE] [VIDEO]. We also need to stay in character for the most part here only straying when a OOG tag or OOC tag is posted.

X
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidd, that's an excellent idea! In the meantime, point out the OOG stuff as needed so it can be dealt with - we can do that, if we need to, but...

Gentle reminders to each other help, too. Just a quick " 'Jeromy, who's that?' OOG: Please remember to keep OOG comments in the OOG discussion threads - thanks!" should help...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
GregGallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: OOG/IG speaking (OOG topic.) Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:

I'm not sure if we should be moving these threads to a separate forum where we can have our own sub forums, or if we should be posting all video discussion in "In Depth" - but somehow we need to get back into the mode where we're posting properly so that in character interaction can occur smoothly. We're not making this any easier on ourselves by being disorganized and disjointed. And the OOG talk is minor compared to what the effing IRC gets like as soon as Clara steps in there. For anyone that stayed up last night expecting her to come in: I'm glad we got a no-show. We've proven time and time again that we're not ready to handle Clara. She's the polar opposite of Maddison - bitchy, cold, insensitive, and anti-social. We need to be sensitive to that. Regardless of how unfair it is.

your right, I myself am going to re-edit some of my posts, or just delete them. Theres too much going on not to keep totally focussed.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause I completly agree
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Thread/splitting for OOG/IG conversations Reply with quote

Um, just my 2 cents, and I understand there are different viewpoints, but please moderators, try to cut back on the thread splitting / house-keeping / post-moving.

The addition of multiple threads for one topic makes things harder to navigate and more confusing, and when you split off a thread, you need to at least put a link on the top of the new thread back to the old one, and a link in the old thread to the new one.

OOG comments in an in-game thread are not that big a deal - just mark them in place with OOG. That's less confusing that what you are doing now. OOG issues are going to come up in the context of in-game and video discussions - we don't need a new thread every time this happens.

I know you guys are working hard and trying to help, so that's just my 2 cents,
Thanks!
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just put comments Clara is meant to read in threads for Clara. It is not normal for characters to be reading all the threads. What is normal is for them to ignore anything OOG even if they are reading. Making it more efficient for characters to read what they're meant to is better than trying to split speech because a mixture of IG and OOG comments is how we put things together and move forward.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that an "in-character interaction" subforum for Maddison would be the ideal solution.

I think that OOG stuff is very important, and shouldn't be overlooked. And OOG stuff (explicitly tagged as such!) should be fine until a subforum or some other solution is in place.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captious wrote:
Or just put comments Clara is meant to read in threads for Clara. It is not normal for characters to be reading all the threads. What is normal is for them to ignore anything OOG even if they are reading. Making it more efficient for characters to read what they're meant to is better than trying to split speech because a mixture of IG and OOG comments is how we put things together and move forward.

Hmm...well what I'm talking about is remaining in character for threads that Clara starts. There are at least two or three posts in the latest thread she started that reference Jeromy - and all I'm asking for is a little organisation from the participants. Either place your OOG comments in white/small font/something discreet or make a new thread.

Good suggestions here though. Q is absolutely right. The more splitting that goes on, the more there is to keep track of. Things will get buried quickly. We just need to be smarter about the posts we're making so that we make it as easy as possible for Clara to interact with us - know what I mean?

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must have been moved before I read them because I didn't see that in her posts I agree that that is silly.

You know forums aren't hard to get. Maybe we should leave the LG 15 boards and go make a place elsewhere. It's not that these can't remain to possibly draw in new people but organization here is a real problem and trying to make it easier for Clara also makes it harder for any potential new players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: