Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas for how to help Clara
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Ideas for how to help Clara Reply with quote

I have two ideas for how this community might help Clara to succeed with her thesis. Feel free to discuss these on this thread or add your own different ideas.

1. interview preparation - If Clara could let us know by posting a thread a couple of days ahead of time who she is planning to interview and possibly what she hopes to learn, we could add our advice and suggestions for questions and gather related background material to help her prepare for each interview. This will help Clara and possibly get some of our questions answered too. She told us a couple of days ago that she is planning to interview Joel Frady today, and we noted this, but have not really given her any organized assistance for that interview... (unless I missed it)

2. audience growth - One way Clara can justify her thesis work to her advisor is to show effort. For instance, just by sharing her interview videos with this community, she is improving the quality of the result by gaining access to more information, and communicating to a wider audience. We can further help Clara to succeed by bringing in additional viewers - the more who are watching and contributing to Clara's efforts, the more success she can claim in some sense. I know if I were her advisor, and she could show me that 500 people were reviewing and interacting with her work, that would be impressive, but 5000 would be more impressive.

So helping research and prepare questions for interviews, and inviting more viewers are two ideas... what do you think?
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those are two good ideas and would provide some focus for us .

I think I am concerned with how we can best communicate to Clara without further irritating or confusing her.

There is a thread for introducing ourselves to Clara. that could be used as a sort of audience register...if every viewer made a post .. that may be hard though...how do you account for lurkers and such?
But it is a good idea.

It seems Clara doesn't enjoy reading the threads or being in chat. Do we think the best way to communicate with her is video?

If so our steps would be a thread for interview prep like
"Joel Frady interview" where we could gather all of our intelligence and research. then a spokesperson could concisely translate it to a video for Clara.

Does that sound like too much work?
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion I have:

We need a video log thread -- there are a lot of people making videos to help Clara (kellylen, GregGallows, etc.) and it would be really, really, REALLY helpful to have a stickied thread that would be updated with links to videos for Clara.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone start a thread of Videos for Clara, I'll get out the Super Glue... <madly rubbing hands together>

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
amblyopianne
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ideas for how to help Clara Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
I have two ideas for how this community might help Clara to succeed with her thesis. Feel free to discuss these on this thread or add your own different ideas.

1. interview preparation - If Clara could let us know by posting a thread a couple of days ahead of time who she is planning to interview and possibly what she hopes to learn, we could add our advice and suggestions for questions and gather related background material to help her prepare for each interview. This will help Clara and possibly get some of our questions answered too. She told us a couple of days ago that she is planning to interview Joel Frady today, and we noted this, but have not really given her any organized assistance for that interview... (unless I missed it)

2. audience growth - One way Clara can justify her thesis work to her advisor is to show effort. For instance, just by sharing her interview videos with this community, she is improving the quality of the result by gaining access to more information, and communicating to a wider audience. We can further help Clara to succeed by bringing in additional viewers - the more who are watching and contributing to Clara's efforts, the more success she can claim in some sense. I know if I were her advisor, and she could show me that 500 people were reviewing and interacting with her work, that would be impressive, but 5000 would be more impressive.

So helping research and prepare questions for interviews, and inviting more viewers are two ideas... what do you think?

I appreciate these ideas. really. It would be really cool to have a bunch of people seeing my work. I guess from your perspective too, the more people you have looking at all the crazy stuff here, the more likely somebody will come along with the answers.

I wish I could help bring useful people around, but I don't know anything about marketing. I could start interviewing very sexy people that have nothing to do with Madison's story or I could title my videos pervy things like "I swallow" or "Up the skirt shot" It wouldn't have anything to do with my project, but it would up the number of eyeballs that see it.

I can say this. It is very difficult to grasp what is going on here. Life is confusing. Sure. But I don't think it's just my anti-reading lifestyle choice that makes this story confusing.

The questions thing is great. It is great. I am meeting with my adviser sometime this week to discuss my thesis being focused, and I'm sure he'll want to discuss my interview techniques too.

he hates me.

Anyway. Thanks Q the C.
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ideas for how to help Clara Reply with quote

amblyopianne wrote:

The questions thing is great. It is great. I am meeting with my adviser sometime this week to discuss my thesis being focused, and I'm sure he'll want to discuss my interview techniques too.

This is excellent news! And will be so helpful.

And I'm sure he doesn't hate you Clara. I think for whatever reason, he's very attached to the topic and it actually shows how much he does think of you that he's trusting you to cover it. Hang in there!

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ideas for how to help Clara Reply with quote

amblyopianne wrote:
I could start interviewing very sexy people that have nothing to do with Madison's story or I could title my videos pervy things like "I swallow" or "Up the skirt shot" It wouldn't have anything to do with my project, but it would up the number of eyeballs that see it.

Laughing

Well played, Clara!
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure it is having much impact, but with regard to "audience growth" I am continuing to update a thread on unfiction.com "Maddison Atkins - Ch2 News" here http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20100

and I posted on the lonelygirl comments board drawing particular attention to the video interview of Maddison's father here: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=293&play=1&more=1#comment-143010

For some reason, they seem to be slow getting the latest two videos posted, but when they appear, that might be a good time to draw attention to them again.
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: 10 for 1 Reply with quote

I think if each friend of Maddys can bring in 10 new viewers it would help greatly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest, tough love.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
GregGallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ideas for how to help Clara Reply with quote

amblyopianne wrote:

I wish I could help bring useful people around, but I don't know anything about marketing. I could start interviewing very sexy people that have nothing to do with Madison's story or I could title my videos pervy things like "I swallow" or "Up the skirt shot" It wouldn't have anything to do with my project, but it would up the number of eyeballs that see it.

ziingity zing ziiing! nice one Smile

Im sue your advisor doesnt hate you, maybe he just believes in tough love.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember to keep OOG comments to OOG discussion threads, folks! I'm going to do a wee bit of housekeeping a create a new thread for some discussion so Clara doesn't have to do any extra reading that she doesn't have to! (shame on y'all - we all know Clara's practically allergic to reading! Very Happy )

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Please remember to keep OOG comments to OOG discussion threads, folks! I'm going to do a wee bit of housekeeping a create a new thread for some discussion so Clara doesn't have to do any extra reading that she doesn't have to! (shame on y'all - we all know Clara's practically allergic to reading! Very Happy )

OOG: I appreciate you are trying to help, but actually, that should probably not have been spit off - it makes it worse/more confusing by removing the comment from it's context within this thread. I think it is fine to put OOG comments in an in-game thread by marking them as OOG... too much moderation of this thread splitting/moving makes things hard to find again and understand later.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
chershaytoute wrote:

OOG: I appreciate you are trying to help, but actually, that should probably not have been spit off - it makes it worse/more confusing by removing the comment from it's context within this thread. I think it is fine to put OOG comments in an in-game thread by marking them as OOG... too much moderation of this thread splitting/moving makes things hard to find again and understand later.

Seconded. At least until there's a more long-term solution for segregating IG and OOG posts.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ideas for how to help Clara Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:

I think that the premise here is that the community wants to help Clara succeed. I find that premise may be incorrect.

However, I do wish to see her get some help. If she has a trusted friend, she should enlist that person to help her interview her faculty advisor. Just my two cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: