Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spencer Love Him or Hate Him?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Love Him or Hate Him?
Love Him
77%
 77%  [ 24 ]
Hate Him
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Doesnt Love or Hate him but thinks he's really annoying
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

apocalypse46
Lonely Fan

Location: where ever you see sarah you see me hiding in the background

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mandamoon wrote:
i.hate.him.so.much. i think i hate him more than i hate taylor. everyone else is great. but i want to pick up taylor and beat spencer with her.

taylor wasnt that bad. i mean yea i didnt like her at first but she got better with some of the extra videotime she got.
The
Apocalypse

Spencer must be kicked from the show!!!!!!
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apocalypse46 wrote:

Did i do that? i thought taylor was alittle bit worse. they both kinda need more camera time. i just hate taylor because she's too young and knows like more then my brother-in-law who was a computer science major. but latelyshe hasent been bugging me. and sarah hasent been bugging me. i just wanna kick spencers teeth in sooo bad

haha true. taylor's character doesn't bother me but sometimes what they have her do is a bit unrealistic. i think its cool having girl hackers because it kinda challenges the norm but... this is silly.

i think the bad guy in charge of the order should end up to be lordgreystoke422 in a clown suit. and he should be singing. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
apocalypse46
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

platypusrex256 wrote:
apocalypse46 wrote:

Did i do that? i thought taylor was alittle bit worse. they both kinda need more camera time. i just hate taylor because she's too young and knows like more then my brother-in-law who was a computer science major. but latelyshe hasent been bugging me. and sarah hasent been bugging me. i just wanna kick spencers teeth in sooo bad

haha true. taylor's character doesn't bother me but sometimes what they have her do is a bit unrealistic. i think its cool having girl hackers because it kinda challenges the norm but... this is silly.

i think the bad guy in charge of the order should end up to be lordgreystoke422 in a clown suit. and he should be singing. LOL

kinda like adam the clown in the game Dead Rising with the 2 chainsaws
The
Apocalypse

cuteruthxox
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he rocks! he is such a funny nerdy guy!!
apocalypse46
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuteruthxox wrote:
I think he rocks! he is such a funny nerdy guy!!

yea same here... if you take away the part where he rocks and if you minus the part where he's funny... now that i think about it we might even have to take away the part if he's even really a guy to tell you the truth
The
Apocalypse

apocalypse46
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey platyusrex i just realised you lived in seattle. what part? im in west seattle. well thats the nicer way of saying whitecenter
The
Apocalypse

Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Out of Place Reply with quote

I really WANT to like Spencer, but his acting style seems to belong in a different series. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a poorly written character or that he's a bad actor. I just think that, like the actress playing Taylor, this guy is playing for a stage audience more than a screen one. Spencer and Taylor both have a very stylized way of speaking which, while entertaining and even clever, is far from natural.

That's not necessarily bad. It just deviates from this genre. In film, especially this genre of video-blogging film, we've come to expect very genuine and realistic line readings. While the character of Sarah seems to be putting on a show, I buy her as a real person being over-dramatic and fake rather than an actor creating a character that is too big for the screen. What's more, the actors playing Daniel and Jonas act in a style that is far more natural and less stylized than even most screen actors. They sort of defined this video-blogging movie genre as one where actors slightly improvise in order to sound spontaneous and relate to the camera like a close friend. Jonas started off as a somewhat two-dimensional with the gimmick of liking pop culture, but as the character became invested in the situation, he became more believable and realistic, much like Daniel.

Bringing new characters into this has got to be tough because the style they're working with is so unique. I think it's probably due to Yousef's nearly unprecedented realistic portrayal of an average teenage guy. I've never seen anybody act so naturally. Plus, the series started with Bree, whose entire character was based on being real enough to fool people for several months. If Spencer had kicked off the series on YouTube, I don't think anybody would've believed that he was a real person. I like Spencer, but given the lines and the delivery, it seems like he's creating a character that exists far outside the Breniverse as we know it. He's still adorable but extremely out of place.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Out of Place Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:
If Spencer had kicked off the series on YouTube, I don't think anybody would've believed that he was a real person.

Agreed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Spencer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: