Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Signature images should be counted as spam.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Signature images should be counted as spam. Reply with quote

I'm sick and tired of images used at the ends of people's posts. It would be better if it was in the assigned signature, but people have been putting up banners at the end of the message body, and it's extremely annoying.

Marla seems like a lovely girl, and it's nice that so many people on these forums want to help her out and get her a cameo role.

But there is already a thread about it, and I'm pretty sure newbies won't care about marla one way or the other.

Another one is blade8rs banners. They are just as annoying. Even if they aren't protesting the admin anymore, they are just taking up space reading messages that do not interest anyone.

Above all, they are done over and over and over again. I think it should be taken to PMs and left as avatars, and the assigned signature. That is it.

If someone continually does this, I think there posts should be removed, or at least have the image edited out.

Thanks.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, guilty as charged! I've been posting with the Marla Image. I'm just very into this cause.

I realise it's a bit on the edge and as soon as there is official word from a moderator I will follow their guidelines.

Until then, some might pop up. I decided to limit it to 1 time per topic at most and skip the ones someone else posted the banner on. I'll keep an eye on this topic, see what the rest thinks.

Blade8r clearly mocked the moserators and that might still be his goal, I don't know. But I'm with you on that one...

Notice how I left the banner out this time Wink
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks. Please understand I'm not trying to be cruel or anything.

*who is we?*

BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I'm just sticking around to see what the rest thinks. If they agree with you I'll back of. I will ask milo to delete the image from his page so it won't show up in either of our posts anymore (spares people alot of editting). Ofcourse it will be up to him if he will do that, but I trust he has great judgement when it comes to this.

Just so we all know what we are talking about here, this is the banner I use sometimes(Credits go to Milo for creating it):

See how I used a legit comment to be able to add the banner this time! Wink
Ps. Not trying to mock you or anything, just fooling around a bit.

To everyone else, please let me know if this banner annoys you, that's not my intent.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so folks know, the rule is no images in signatures. That's the letter of the law (so to speak), but obviously the idea behind it is the same whether you post an image in your signature (which is added to every post automatically) or if you manually add an image to the end of every post. If you do this, you will be warned, and a moderator may delete your image. That's not saying posting a "make marla canon" banner for a few days counts the same as posting a "look how silly moderators are" image for weeks...
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no to the banners? it wasn't really clear...

Or are you saying we should just keep it on a downlow?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
so no to the banners? it wasn't really clear...

Or are you saying we should just keep it on a downlow?

I'm suggesting you use it sparingly, and preferably in direct reference to the post itself (ie when calling for Marla to be canon). That would be preferable Smile
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ok i won't go overboard. however, i also humbly request that RR consider adopting a marlasinger avatar (which i won't repost here).

I appreciate BK showing some flexibility here in the use of graphics, and promise not to overdo it.

Code:

#    #   ##   #    # ######
##  ##  #  #  #   #  #     
# ## # #    # ####   ##### 
#    # ###### #  #   #     
#    # #    # #   #  #     
#    # #    # #    # ######

#    #   ##   #####  #        ##   
##  ##  #  #  #    # #       #  # 
# ## # #    # #    # #      #    #
#    # ###### #####  #      ######
#    # #    # #   #  #      #    #
#    # #    # #    # ###### #    #

####    ##   #    #  ####  #    #
#    #  #  #  ##   # #    # ##   #
#      #    # # #  # #    # # #  #
#      ###### #  # # #    # #  # #
#    # #    # #   ## #    # #   ##
 ####  #    # #    #  ####  #    #

there's no rule about ascii right?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glad that this is getting cleared up.

Milo this isn't only about your banner. A couple of other people have been doing it with other graphics. But I'm sure you know that. lol.

I was coming in here to make a complaint about it because it is very very annoying.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Milo, I was going to do that.

I just think that if everyone, especially complete newbies (of which I am kind of still) see this, they'll start making ones for their posts and then all the way down a page will have to look at stupid banners, about how hot Spencer looked in his khaki shorts or whatever.

Smile.

*who is we?*

milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redrevolver, it warmed my heart this morning to you see you adopted a marla avatar! thanks!

Yeah, KTS, i got the idea from seeing a few others do it. And i don't want excess pollution either. Wouldn't you like a nice marla avatar though? Very Happy

when i was following smosh v. lg15 most-subscribed battle, i went to smosh.com and checked out their forum. its signature hell.

e.g., http://www.smosh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6943
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
redrevolver, it warmed my heart this morning to you see you adopted a marla avatar! thanks!

Yeah, KTS, i got the idea from seeing a few others do it. And i don't want excess pollution either. Wouldn't you like a nice marla avatar though? Very Happy

when i was following smosh v. lg15 most-subscribed battle, i went to smosh.com and checked out their forum. its signature hell.

e.g., http://www.smosh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6943
That's just crazy, the images arent even limited in size or anything.

I don't really see why 'others' are mentioned tho, I've only seen one person doing it. And his banner still contains "Blade8r > Moderators". I'm guessing he has been warned before, this is clearly mocking... again, I think a minor ban might set him straight, but it's up to the mods on this one. I really havent seen more people adopting banners in their posts yet.

And KTS, I think a nice Marla avatar would look great on you! Wink
blade8r
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay let me clear this up completely

I think more people should express themselves more through their signitures and avatars. i think pictures are the best way a person can express their indiviuality. but rules proclaim that pictures are not allowed in your signitures and the ever so 80* 80* pixel avatar are so lame (which btw noone follow this rule. with their 3.5 megabite animated GIF from whereever). even a great looking tiny sig banner is not allowed. i mean, the very idea of this forum or any other forum is about expression in words, pictures, or any kinda documentation. that's what's lg15 is about right? it's all about expression and love for the lg15, but i don't belive in censorship in that expression with limitiation or rules. a mere 255 character is not enough words to explain the depth of my message i want to put out.

the moderators clearly have made it clear NO PICTURES ALLOWED PERIOD ZERO NADA that are countinouse in the post. no bending of the rules. no expression / clutter

i can understand how some people might be annoyed from consistant banter of pictures. that is why they constantly change that same picture to a new one every 3rd day.. no really they change.. i personally change them out every 3 days. i design a new one and the one you see now is the one i made last night. but there is way around this. image control is key. having a limited size banner within a limited amount of pixles is a great way to have both worlds of freedom individuality open among the lg15 viewers. but even this is not open to discussion. the BBboards have ALOT of control over content and materal with it's user interface. clearly the heads up guys are either too lazy acomidate the aditional features for the board memembers or are unknowingly just open up the board and left it oriignal like that.

aside from that if people are still are complaining and are being a whyney butt pluggs im more then welcome to follow what the moderators want. now im all for enforcing rules. in fact im glad diane or chershaytoute. had sent me this link to see for myself what a ruckus my picture messages have been doing.

so it's obvious that no longer will i be to post pictures consistantly in my posts. this will be so.

but for all those who were annoyed before hand by my antics. your not going to get any kind of apology from me. you do not have a right to not be annoyed. if something is annoying you. you have no right to stop the thing that's giving you this emotion. if you don't like it (opens center finger on right hand) you can sit on this and swivel.

that's all i have to say i guess i'll just jump back in with the masses. sheep in with the crowd. end up stuck with my 255 character signature.

i really don't know anymore how else i can express myself. this is horrible.
blade8r
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i want to mention why i put Blade8r > Moderators in my banners. i don't do this to get a rile among the people. i do this because those very people are going to call on you to destory my posts. I did ths openly because i want the moderators to have open disscussion about the use of pictures in their signatures. i want them to talk about it. i want change!

i know the mods have talked about me in gernal about how i am bypassing a general consensus. even before a single complaint has come up. i am very glad this very thread was put on to discuss and clearify the rules which btw. you guys should add among the regulations yet again.

it's kinda like a democaracy. a man wants to paint his white picket fence light green and then home owners association decided to bend him over, take advanage and then fine him acordingly.

now that im butt hurt. openly brought in the spot light. i have no other choice. i like this fourm. i've made a part of my life.. but now.. i am stripped of the essence that is very much a part of me.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well blade8r, from the above i can tell its pretty clear you know how to express yourself fine in text, right? Smile

i think you should do a response video about this, and post the youtube link in your sig. that has always been the highest form of expression of an lg15 fan.

and marla avatars.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: