Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid's True Purpose?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: OpAphid's True Purpose?! Reply with quote

Okay, this is something from the IRC chat (many thanks to blessedSophia, my partner in crime on this one):

We were looking at the message on "Cassie does not R.I.P":
A psychic vampire feeds off of your energy and attention. To stop it is simple: Ignore it.

Maimonides and Abraham ibn Ezra denied the existence of demons. Their philosophies became a part of the mainstream Jewish faith regarding the subject.

Perhaps this was the right approach. i.e. "To ignore evil is to deny it any power over you."

However, Charles Baudelaire suggested, "The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

What if he was indeed correct?

While debating whether or not Cassie was the psychic vampire, we started thinking about what OpAphid was really saying here. And we concluded that OpAphid was really telling us that she was taking Baudelaire's part against Cassie. That is, OpAphid is getting power and influence over us by convincing us that Cassie does not exist/CiW is dead, even though it may not be true. That would make OpAphid both the devil of the quote, and the psychic vampire of the warning.

So, why is OpAphid warning us about him/herself?

(apologies if this is completely incoherent)

EDIT: Look for a video blog from blessedSophia presenting this in a slightly more coherent fashion...

Last edited by tiltingwindward on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best use of the quote is in the movie the Usual Suspects. If you're familiar with it then this illustration helps you map Cassie and OpAphid into the frame work.

My take on it: Cassie/Frank is not the entity they claim. They are not the victim of the devil but the devil himself. No one doubts the victim in things like this. In her tale Cassie is under attack in OpAhpids tale we may find that she should be attacked and isn't as she seems.

Hell, it's the conclusion we were reaching before with Cassie's clues. She was making it clear she was malevolent and feared exorcism.

Keyser Soze.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...except our conclusion was more that OpAphid was playing the role of Kaiser Soze.

For a much better explanation, check out the Attn: OpAphid Community thread. blessedSophia has laid it out much more clearly.
Destrin41016
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend thinks cassie and opaphid are the same person...
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
Yes...except our conclusion was more that OpAphid was playing the role of Kaiser Soze.

For a much better explanation, check out the Attn: OpAphid Community thread. blessedSophia has laid it out much more clearly.

But Keyser would never go "WOOOOO looke at me be eeeevillll!!!1!!"
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure OpAphid is exactly out there running around screaming that it's the devil...but for a more coherent rendition of our conclusions, please go here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2369

Sophia explains it much better than I did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: