Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniel, ma belle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 284, 285, 286  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> P. Monkey's Playhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud_ax wrote:
*brain explodes*

I really do waffle Chelsey.
Cloud_ax
Hymn of One

Location: stealing a plane to Zi's wedding, who wants to come??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
colbertnationgirl wrote:
kassiaL wrote:
Shocked
Sorry, I'm in a random mood. Laughing

Laughing
kassiaL wrote:
colbertnationgirl wrote:
kassiaL wrote:
Shocked
Sorry, I'm in a random mood. Laughing

It's okay. Very Happy
Shocked

*brain explodes again*

I'm Ziola's Little Brother.
My big sister is getting married!!

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up."
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is often confused with the separate condition obsessive compulsive personality disorder. The two are not the same condition, however. OCD is ego dystonic, meaning that the disorder is incompatible with the sufferer's self-concept. Because disorders that are ego dystonic go against an individual's perception of his/herself, they tend to cause much distress. OCPD, on the other hand, is ego syntonic—marked by the individual's acceptance that the characteristics displayed as a result of this disorder are compatible with his/her self-image. Ego syntonic disorders understandably cause no distress. Persons suffering from OCD are often aware that their behavior is not rational and are unhappy about their obsessions but nevertheless feel compelled by them. Persons with OCPD, by contrast, are not aware of anything abnormal about themselves; they will readily explain why their actions are rational, and it is usually impossible to convince them otherwise. Persons with OCD are ridden with anxiety; persons who suffer from OCPD, by contrast, tend to derive pleasure from their obsessions or compulsions.[13] This is a significant difference between these disorders.
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

Cloud_ax wrote:
Shocked

*brain explodes again*

Shocked

PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

Cloud_ax wrote:
Shocked

*brain explodes again*

Shocked
Cloud_ax
Hymn of One

Location: stealing a plane to Zi's wedding, who wants to come??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
Cloud_ax wrote:
Shocked

*brain explodes again*

Shocked
kassiaL wrote:
Cloud_ax wrote:
Shocked

*brain explodes again*

Shocked
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Ziola's Little Brother.
My big sister is getting married!!

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up."
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud_ax wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwww poor Cloudy. Laughing

colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), or anankastic personality disorder, is a personality disorder that is characterized by a general psychological inflexibility, rigid conformity to rules and procedures, perfectionism, moral code, and/or excessive orderliness.

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is often confused with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). This could be due to the more commonly known OCD and the similarities in name of the two disorders, however the mindsets are typically very different and unrelated.

Those who are suffering from OCPD do not generally feel the need to repeatedly perform ritualistic actions, a common symptom of OCD. Instead, people with OCPD tend to stress perfectionism above all else, and feel anxious when they perceive that things are not "right".

People with OCPD may hoard money for future use, keep their home perfectly organized, or be anxious about delegating tasks for fear that they won't be completed correctly. There are four primary areas that cause anxiety for OCPD personalities: time, relationship, uncleanliness, and money. There are few moral gray areas for a person with fully-developed OCPD; actions and beliefs are either completely right, or absolutely wrong. As might be expected, interpersonal relationships are difficult because of the excessive demands placed on friends, romantic partners, and children.
Shocked
BallsyMcD
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
Quote:
Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), or anankastic personality disorder, is a personality disorder that is characterized by a general psychological inflexibility, rigid conformity to rules and procedures, perfectionism, moral code, and/or excessive orderliness.

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is often confused with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). This could be due to the more commonly known OCD and the similarities in name of the two disorders, however the mindsets are typically very different and unrelated.

Those who are suffering from OCPD do not generally feel the need to repeatedly perform ritualistic actions, a common symptom of OCD. Instead, people with OCPD tend to stress perfectionism above all else, and feel anxious when they perceive that things are not "right".

People with OCPD may hoard money for future use, keep their home perfectly organized, or be anxious about delegating tasks for fear that they won't be completed correctly. There are four primary areas that cause anxiety for OCPD personalities: time, relationship, uncleanliness, and money. There are few moral gray areas for a person with fully-developed OCPD; actions and beliefs are either completely right, or absolutely wrong. As might be expected, interpersonal relationships are difficult because of the excessive demands placed on friends, romantic partners, and children.
Shocked
why are you reading about this?
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The DSM-IV-TR, a widely-used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines that for a patient to be diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, they must exhibit at least four of the following traits:

Preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization, bodily functions, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost
Showing perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)
Excessive devotion to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)
Being overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)
Inability to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value
Reluctance to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things
Adopting a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes
Showing rigidity and stubbornness
Urge to perfect every little thing
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

BallsyMcD wrote:
why are you reading about this?
I'm bored. Laughing
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

colbertnationgirl wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

Neutral
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Antikythera mechanism (Greek: O μηχανισμός των Αντικυθήρων, O mēchanismós tōn Antikythērōn) is believed to be an ancient mechanical calculator (also described as a "mechanical computer") designed to calculate astronomical positions. It was discovered in the Antikythera wreck off the Greek island of Antikythera, between Kythera and Crete, and has been dated to about 150-100 BC. It is especially notable for being a technological artifact with no known predecessor or successor; other machines using technology of such complexity would not appear until the 18th century.

How cool. Very Happy

colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kassiaL wrote:
Quote:
The Antikythera mechanism (Greek: O μηχανισμός των Αντικυθήρων, O mēchanismós tōn Antikythērōn) is believed to be an ancient mechanical calculator (also described as a "mechanical computer") designed to calculate astronomical positions. It was discovered in the Antikythera wreck off the Greek island of Antikythera, between Kythera and Crete, and has been dated to about 150-100 BC. It is especially notable for being a technological artifact with no known predecessor or successor; other machines using technology of such complexity would not appear until the 18th century.

How cool. Very Happy
Ooooooooooh. Very Happy
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kassiaL wrote:
Quote:

How cool. Very Happy

ohhhhhhhh i remember that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> P. Monkey's Playhouse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 284, 285, 286  Next
Page 268 of 286

Jump to: