Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for the Jets to cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyes glaze over at Karl Marx

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
cerri30
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd how he thinks garbled representation as long as it's positive equals victory for those being represented. If that was the case, how come Native Americans haven't embraced new age hacks and how come black people haven't embraced minstrel shows, Elvis, and Kid Rock?
Quote:

Very good point, sfonzarelli. I found a disconnect in the logic there, too.

-C
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
My eyes glaze over too.... maybe its the forum colours.
I like history over math and science, I'd just rather the information come with links, etc so I can do my own research from the resources.

I didn't provide readers with links, bit I did provide them with keywords and points of entry. One can locate the complete text of The 18th Brumaire of Louis Napoléon online-- or find it in a bookstore or on a library shelf-- with little difficulty. Several historians have written biographies of Louis Napoléon, and numerous websites offer varying degrees of detail about the man's career. Of these historical accounts, some are decently researched, some are excellently argued, and others emit an odor of bovine digestive byproduct-- but that's true of a lot of things, human discourse without end, amen. Wink

I wouldn't recommend reading Coulter's books or op-ed pieces unless you're extremely interested in her work or you're in a position in which you have to do so. The Coulter Media Virus has been known to induce fatal hilarity in approximately 23% of test subjects, while 50% of her readers have experienced something akin to the so-called Jerusalem Syndrome. Enter that particular labyrinth at your own risk; I'm not pointing the way to the entrance. Wink

The keywords were in my post; for readers unfamiliar with the keywords, it's just a matter of finding the lockwork. I have boundless faith that the board's denizens can match the key to the lock-- the words to the work-- and figure out where the light switch is once they're inside-- provided that they're interested in going into a particular room, or in exploring a given subject.

If I'm ever unnecessarily obscure, I trust the Sharks and Jets will jump my ass collectively, and that'll be the end of that.

I encourage people to do their own research and arrive at their own conclusions.

When you're reading respectable historical books or websites, absorbing information from a reputable news outlet, or simply examining the darkest corners of popular delusion, consider the resource's sources and check the horse's mouth for halitosis. Caveat lector-- and that applies to my posts, too. Smile
And dissension have begun.

Last edited by Sheikh Gomelez on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
My eyes glaze over at Karl Marx

Speaking of horses, do you find it difficult beating a dead one when your eyes are glazed? I do. Granted, I just battered the remains of such a beast, but I'm not sure my eyes were glazed or dry or anything other than normal at the time; I used Visine, blinked several times, and had a few cups of coffee beforehand. Wink
And dissension have begun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: