Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LonelyJournal15-The Conclusion to LG15 (Anchor Cove Edition)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: LonelyJournal15-The Conclusion to LG15 (Anchor Cove Edition) Reply with quote

So, this is a repost: LONELYJOURNAL15 is a fanfic I wrote after THE RESISTANCE's finale with enormous assistance from suze900 and Renegade15.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/37670755/chapters/94040431

A new epilogue has added to integrate the unfinished the 2016 LG15: ANCHOR COVE videos:
http://www.lg15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=460215#460215

It's set in the days following the RESISTANCE cliffhanger and reworks LG15 into the blog format instead of the vlog format. The plot: socially awkward 20-year-old Alexis Capshaw moves into her new LA apartment. She is horrified by her new neighbours: gun-toting Jonas, troubled Daniel, deranged Sarah, and a clearly traumatized Gina.

Nearly every blog is written from Alexis' point of view, producing a character-oriented story that with the Order firmly backgrounded. Sarah's villainy and Gina's death are done away with in the third blog entry. The series builds to a conclusive finale where the gang confront the creator of the Hymn of One and learn the truth about the Order. You can see it all here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/37670755/chapters/94040431

Funnily enough, when seeking collaborators, I approached Jenni Powell for help in (a) constructing a solid plot and (b) explaining away all the continuity issues of the Order. I had a blanket explanation for why the Order always held off on capturing or killing the gang and why they claimed to be wealthy and powerful but always looked to be actors in a low-budget web series. But I lacked an encyclopedic familiarity with the series to sell readers on the idea. I asked her for help.

Jenni quite reasonably declined on the grounds that she felt it best to move on to original work.

Looking at Jenni's magnificent career and the fact that she returned to LG15 as its new showrunner, she was probably right. But I still have a lot of love for this fanfic and am full of gratitude for suze900 helping me match my plot to onscreen continuity and Renegade15 in helping me with structure and retcons.

Posters Shiori and SNL and Milowent and Modelmotion were so incredibly kind to say they considered this fanfic to be canonical. Jenni and Logan Rapp very graciously gave me permission to use material from their aborted LG15 series, THE MISFITS, in LONELYJOURNAL15.

Obviously, the true continuation of LG15 is now in the work from Jenni Powell and Logan Rapp. I considered them to be the absolute best choices in 2009 to revive LG15. My opinion hasn't changed. But I hope potential readers will still be willing to enjoy this alternate vision of how LG15 might have continued and concluded after the events of THE RESISTANCE.

Last edited by ir3act on Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the 2016 revival of LG15 has, by Yousef Abu-Taleb's own account, been "abandoned," I decided to lightly amend LONELYJOURNAL15 to address the 2016 episodes. When recompiling the story for the Archive of Our Own fanfic site, I added a fifth and final chapter to the story that re-positions the 2016 videos in the continuity of the LONELYJOURNAL15 story.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/37670755/chapters/94040431

In 2009, when I first released LONELYJOURNAL15, I got a lot of kind letters telling me how they appreciated how immediately the story addressed so many fan concerns: Gina was resurrected, Sarah's betrayal was overturned, Daniel returned to the cast, the Hymn of One and the Order were fully explained and defeated, and there was a happy ending. A lot of readers told me that as far as they were concerned, LONELYJOURNAL15 was canonical.

The 2016 revival brought Daniel back into focus but was otherwise inconclusive and answered no questions at all. For fans who might prefer LONELYJOURNAL15 over alternatives, I've added an epilogue to the story that integrates the 2016 videos while retaining the 2009 story that I wrote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: