Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We Re-Designed the Website with VIDEO COMMENTS (yay)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion on how people comment on videos, youtube allows people to post replies to others comments, and be notified when someone replies to your comment. It makes for a more lively exchange than the format you have adopted.
glucosamine
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: LG Video #1 ?? Reply with quote

Why isn't the first video, Dorkiness Prevails, uploaded? Or am I missing it?
Charlotte Eve
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned elsewhere that it has something to do with the inclusion of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy".. and lack of permission to use it.

Meh, I dunno Embarassed
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlotte Eve wrote:
Someone mentioned elsewhere that it has something to do with the inclusion of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy".. and lack of permission to use it.

Meh, I dunno Embarassed

Ooh, that sounds like it could be true. Too bad.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Rommel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could always change the music out, GASP!!
They did that on the Daniel Returns, and More Interesting Factoids (Yay!) episode...

Youtube version - Like a Sunrise (Bliss Remix) by Shockshadow
Revver version - Zipper and Jeans by Harlan T Bobo

The youtube version is better...I don't see why they changed it, the shockshadow is free to use, Clue possibly? ;p
mobilesskwrking
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rommel wrote:
They could always change the music out, GASP!!
They did that on the Daniel Returns, and More Interesting Factoids (Yay!) episode...

Youtube version - Like a Sunrise (Bliss Remix) by Shockshadow
Revver version - Zipper and Jeans by Harlan T Bobo

The youtube version is better...I don't see why they changed it, the shockshadow is free to use, Clue possibly? ;p

I agree that the Youtube version is better, but here's an explanation of why they can't use Shockshadow's song any longer.

If you look carefully at Shockshadow's Creative Commons license, it's an Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 license, which means it was fine to use it in the video on Youtube since, at that point, LG15 was not a commercial venture. Since the creators are now receiving ad revenue through Revver, LG15 has, at this point, become commercial and Shockshadow's music cannot be legally used under the Creative Commons license. Shockshadow may have objected to its use once he found out LG15 was a commercial venture, or LG15's lawyers are just making sure that no copyrights are violated as to protect them from potential lawsuits.

As a side note, the use of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" was always illegal, even when LG15 was non-commercial, since major labels don't use Creative Commons licenses (even if they should!). Danger Mouse and Cee Lo have put out one song ("What You Sittin' On?" on the Wired CD) under a Creative Commons license, but the GB album, including "Crazy," does not fall under such a license. It's surprising the creators have not taken down the video from Youtube or changed out the song, as it constitutes a continuing copyright violation (and now that the creators are making money of off this, they may actually be worth suing).

Interestingly, Warner Music Group recently entered into an agreement with Youtube which grants Youtube users a blanket license to use music from the WMG catalog in their videos. In exchange, WMG receives a percentage of Youtube's revenue generated from the ads running alongside any user video that makes use of their copyrighted material. However, WMG also has the option to have videos removed if they object to the way in which their copyrighted material is used.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using our videos:

Hey guys just a quick update. We have worked with Revver and told them that it is OKAY for you guys to use our videos, download them, edit/remix them, and make your own mashups. They should be approving them. If they don't, let us know and we'll get on their case. There is one caveat. You can't use songs in your videos that we use in our videos.... not up to us, it's up to the record labels and artists (the "Man"). Using our video and audio/dialogue is totally cool (there is a sweeeet lonelygirl15 animation up as a video comment to the "Daniel Crossed The Line" video that uses our audio and it's awesome). We are working on some pretty sweet ways to provide songs for you guys to use in the videos, but it's gonna take a little bit. Happy Creating!

Spread the word.

Admin
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
Using our videos:

Hey guys just a quick update. We have worked with Revver and told them that it is OKAY for you guys to use our videos, download them, edit/remix them, and make your own mashups. They should be approving them. If they don't, let us know and we'll get on their case. There is one caveat. You can't use songs in your videos that we use in our videos.... not up to us, it's up to the record labels and artists (the "Man"). Using our video and audio/dialogue is totally cool (there is a sweeeet lonelygirl15 animation up as a video comment to the "Daniel Crossed The Line" video that uses our audio and it's awesome). We are working on some pretty sweet ways to provide songs for you guys to use in the videos, but it's gonna take a little bit. Happy Creating!

Spread the word.

Admin

Thanks so much for fighting for us! I know we're all very appreciative!

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very likely LG15 material is permitted. George Lucas has made the entire Star Wars universe available for people who want to make fan videos. As long as they don't profit from it, they can do whatever they want with Star Wars material.
Mathieas
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
Thanks so much for fighting for us! I know we're all very appreciative!

Seconded!
downview
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kewl... need help here...
Tsukasa
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there... I see that ya R using a phpbb forum. But ya just use the default subSilver style...
I could help ya out there... I could create ya guyz a LG15+Danielbeast template that ya could install on this forum...

So what do ya think?

It won't actually take much time to create it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsukasa wrote:
Hi there... I see that ya R using a phpbb forum. But ya just use the default subSilver style...
I could help ya out there... I could create ya guyz a LG15+Danielbeast template that ya could install on this forum...

So what do ya think?

It won't actually take much time to create it Wink

Thanks for the offer. An overhaul of the forum's skin is already on the drawing board. Thanks for the offer.
Tsukasa
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Thanks for the offer. An overhaul of the forum's skin is already on the drawing board. Thanks for the offer.
You're welcome... For nothin' Wink

But if ya need help... Contact me... Wink

C U guyz...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: