Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A concern and complaint for the Creaters RE: Gemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: A concern and complaint for the Creaters RE: Gemma Reply with quote

With all due respect, I don't have hours to create a totally politcially correct message to you. So I'll get right to it. Do you remember writing this?

Quote:
We hope that you will join us in the continuing story of Lonelygirl15, and help us usher in an era of interactive storytelling where the line between "fan" and "star" has been removed, and dedicated fans like yourselves are paid for their efforts. This is an incredible time for the creator inside all of us.

I think you have succeeded in losing the faith of many old time "fans" of LG15 with the recent addition of Gemmers.

It appears that storylines can be ripped from fans. But when it comes time for a fan to be involved, apparently it is a requirement to be friends with you or with the other main actors in LG15. (Tom Green picture anyone?)

What happened with dedicated fans will be paid for their efforts? What happened with total interactivity?

You had me. You've now almost lost me.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiming in:

Evil or Very Mad MilesTellsLies Evil or Very Mad
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all pretty well knew the creatortrons had another character lined up...and they have taken many cues from the fans for the series. I don't see what the big deal is with Gemma.
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
We all pretty well knew the creatortrons had another character lined up...and they have taken many cues from the fans for the series. I don't see what the big deal is with Gemma.

Other than naming a stuffed animal, and making Daniel and Bree a dating thing instead of friend thing (which was likely planned all along), what other cues have influenced the series? I post on another LG15 site and haven't seen any other cues mentioned. Please enlighten me! Laughing
Dena81
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you not seen the original casting call which Yousuf and Jessica replied to? It asked for two females and I do believe this is the second one. And as far as letting fans be involved, I think they mean with stories not as characters. One example being the Bree/Daniel relationship that they said was influenced by the viewers. I don't think they ever really meant to actually have one of us as a guest star. Besides, that would really ruin things in my opinion. It's like breaking that thin line between reality and fiction and letting us in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dena81 wrote:
Have you not seen the original casting call which Yousuf and Jessica replied to? It asked for two females and I do believe this is the second one. And as far as letting fans be involved, I think they mean with stories not as characters. One example being the Bree/Daniel relationship that they said was influenced by the viewers. I don't think they ever really meant to actually have one of us as a guest star. Besides, that would really ruin things in my opinion. It's like breaking that thin line between reality and fiction and letting us in.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I saw the casting call - who's to say it's not for Lucy. Anywhoo, everyone has a right to an opinion.

I just want the Creators to know that I feel that they aren't delivering what they promised.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is the second girl. Why would that be the case?? What did Jackie do for 5 months? In my opinion Jackie befriended Bree first and then got incorporated into the story, not that she was casted in May, befriended Bree from being casted, and yet apparently had absolutely nothing to do with the series (which they claim to plan as they go along, which I believe) for that extremely long time. We've seen Buka's pictures, if Jackie was involved you'd think she'd even have been there in at least one because she was apart of the project though not on screen. But face it, seeing as they plan things as they go along, it really doesn't make any sense for someone casted so long ago, who happens to be Jess's friend, to JUST show up now?
She can't be "girl 2", I think girl 2 was cut out long ago. Besides, didn't the person who we think was "the other girl" was described to be more funny than Bree? Not positive about that but if so Gemma is definitely not funnier, unless you count her sick enjoyment of putting non-believers to sleep like dogs to be funny.
brandoblues
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they also have control over what gemma does.

with the fans they have no control.

personally i take her (as a character) to be a little much, she doesnt fit in well, i dunno

if i saw her on the next nohogirls i would buy it, but here its hard to grasp
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good argument could be made for the plot being dictated by the whims of the fans. People started getting off to Bree and Daniel, so the plot starts to focus around their relationship, (I'm not saying the creators never intended them to hook up, you'd have to be a catatonic vegetable to think so) People start obsessing over Bree's religion, and suddenly that becomes the entire focus of the plot. People start whining about how the ceremony was anticlimactic and then it turns out that was just a decoy ceremony, (actually, they probably had that in mind the whole time, but there's a possibility they were meeting the needs of the fans) people start whining about how they want the charm of the old videos, suddenly, in the newest video, everything's back to normal.

As for Gemma, she's obviously Girl #2

Let's look at the casting call:

http://www.exploretalent.com/display_casting4.php?casting_id=34339&s=fb9570381be19959a14ae44f6925fb93

Girl #2 is supposed to be cute, quirky, funnier than Girl #1, a teenager, and like a young Natasha Lyonne or Michelle Flaherty. That's definitely not Lucy. I think it's much more likely that it was this girl the whole time. I mean, I SUPPOSE Jessica could have done a favor for her friend, but this seems more probable.

Hyemew just doesn't like Gemma.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Girl #2 is supposed to be cute, quirky, funnier than Girl #1"

Even Gemma fans would admit this does not describe her. This stuff is so abstract, you can't read it and just say YES THAT'S GEMMA! I don't see why you can't take into account the fact it's been 5 months since that casting call, WHY on earth would they cast her 5 months before even using her? And if Gemma was had in mind the entire time why didn't Bree allude to her in the dog story?
You can't tell me they hired Gemma in May so that a few months later Bree can mention she befriended a dog, nothing about the owner, and for her to finally show up close to November.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
"Girl #2 is supposed to be cute, quirky, funnier than Girl #1"

Even Gemma fans would admit this does not describe her. This stuff is so abstract, you can't read it and just say YES THAT'S GEMMA! I don't see why you can't take into account the fact it's been 5 months since that casting call, WHY on earth would they cast her 5 months before even using her? And if Gemma was had in mind the entire time why didn't Bree allude to her in the dog story?
You can't tell me they hired Gemma in May so that a few months later Bree can mention she befriended a dog, nothing about the owner, and for her to finally show up close to November.

did you see her nut kills man video?
you have to be dumb to do a squirrel for thousands to see.
thats quirky to me!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The squirrel was a shoutout to her inside-joke dance she and her friends do with Jess. I think that is why it was inserted. I mean what are the odds that at Tom Green's they are like "we love the squirrel dance, which will learn in a couple weeks from now in a video, that let's do it right now!"
It's clear that the squirrel dance predated Gemma and came from Jackie's friendship with Jess.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geez, what's the difference?
meleekah
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont like gemma. i really dont think we need another character in the plot to muck everything up right now.

GET RID OF HER!!!
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Gemma is just being used to provide information that they can't put into the mouths of Daniel or Bree. Maybe it just helps to have a third (and presumably minor, since she lives overseas) character to provide a little more background here and there.

I think we can all safely assume we're not going to see five or six characters pop up for no reason. If Gemma's there, it's because she can tell us important things. Plus, I think she's cute! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: