Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Spec] Private Message: Choosing A Side

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: [Spec] Private Message: Choosing A Side Reply with quote

I asked for permission to share this private message and my response, which was granted, as long as they remain anonymous. So, I present it here for your consideration. Very Happy

Quote:
Hi! Sorry to bother you when I don't even know you but I have a question. I assume you are a Christian (by your avatar, which I love) and there don't seem to be lots of them here. (Not trying to be judgemental--but not many people make it obvious.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you are having any problems or concerns with choosing a side in this? I'd like to continue playing, and I know it's just a game, but I don't want to choose a side that is a cult or demonic or whatever. But it's kinda hard to tell which side is which--Cassie's videos seemed evil, but the Order does too. I guess I would be more likely to side with Daniel, but I don't know.

I'm probably making too big a deal of it, but I would like to hear your opinion, if you wouldn't mind sharing it. I'm just trying to get advice before I make up my mind.

Yes, I'm Christian! Smile You can view my first introduction post here in the Get to Know Each Other forum.

Don't be too hasty in deciding that this is a game. As for choosing a side, none of the apparent sides truly appear evil, but it is easy to over-analyze based on false assumptions. We have ascertained that Cassie is a possessing spirit, so that would put her in the evil category for some, especially since she was possessing without the permission of the host. We also see good things in OpAphid, especially the warnings against judging harshly and acting with guile. Although her motives are certainly questionable, until one understands her motives completely that cannot be definitively ascertained.

So, Cassie was possessing Frank without his permission, OpAphid is harrassing Daniel and Cassie, and Daniel judged hastily with limited knowledge of Bree's religion. All of these actions are not considered good or evil, per se, but Daniel's actions can be considered the "lesser" of evils, because it was out of a sense of protection for his best friend.

I believe the real time for decision shall come when someone makes their next move. Be prepared to analyze calmly and carefully, and not jump to conclusions, because appearances are sometimes deceiving. Otherwise, you may make a hasty decision that is revealed to be based entirely on false assumptions. In fact, Daniel may have made the same mistake [with Bree's religion], but only time shall bear the fruit of that decision. Wink

P.S. Would you mind if I removed your identifying information and posted this to the forums? I'm certain others are having a hard time, as well, and I think this might help them. No one would know it was you, unless you wanted them to know.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
romy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be judgemental..... my ass.

Sometimes, you don't have to try to succeed.

Missing the point,

me
TheChessboardWoman
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why this is here, either. Sorry.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: