Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0061 Proving Longitude Wrong [10/28/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilly_Avenrose wrote:
Hi all I am a first time poster, but I just couldn't help myself on this one.

Here is what I think, and forgive me if this view has already been expressed. I think that maybe this video had a more symbolic meaning than what it was, regarding what Bree said about not knowing where you are.

"If you don't know where you are then you don't know where you're going..."

Maybe this is a message from the creators that they don't know what we (the audience) want. Possibly it could mean that they are not sure if we know where we think the story is and because of that they as the creators do not know where the story is at this point, so because of this they are not sure where they are going with the story.

I am probably way off base with this one, but I have been watching the forums so long that I felt that I had to say something. (Also I am not ignoring the issue of Time in the video but maybe they are telling us that time is running out... I am not sure how long the contracts that the actors had to sign were for but maybe it is getting close to the end of the contracts.)

This is copy and paste from Yousef's MySpace blog-

I thought landing a part would be a dream. In some ways it really is. I finally feel like moving out here away from so many family and friends was the right decision. I can't say it's not hard though. I pretty much started dating when I moved out here, so when ever I broke up with a person I would lose that group of friends that I had made. I found some one that I started to date for the past year and we broke up about two weeks ago. So again I'm back where I started. Only this time, I dont have a regular job (or atleast the kind I'm used too), I'm no longer in the going to school faze, and I don't really feel like going to a bar by myself to meet new people or pick up girls. Pathetic I know. This has got to fall under murphey's law. When I had no spare time, I had a ton to do. Now that I have a ton of spare time, I have nothing to do. I find that when I get a call or messege from an old friend that I could talk their ear off, but cut myself off because I'm sure they wouldn't want to seem rude, but probabley have other things they need to do. Now before you say, well go out and just get a job, let me tell you that I can not. I'm contractually bound to this project for the next year. That means that this is the only "job" I can hold until then. So like I said in some ways I am living in a dream, in other ways I'm living in my own prison. What would you do? How would you use up your time? Contact me, let me know. Don't worry, I wont talk you ear off Wink

3:06 PM - 7 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment

Notice he says he is under contract for a year.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilly_Avenrose wrote:

Here is what I think, and forgive me if this view has already been expressed. I think that maybe this video had a more symbolic meaning than what it was, regarding what Bree said about not knowing where you are.

Maybe this is a message from the creators that they don't know what we (the audience) want. Possibly it could mean that they are not sure if we know where we think the story is and because of that they as the creators do not know where the story is at this point, so because of this they are not sure where they are going with the story.

I am probably way off base with this one, but I have been watching the forums so long that I felt that I had to say something. (Also I am not ignoring the issue of Time in the video but maybe they are telling us that time is running out... I am not sure how long the contracts that the actors had to sign were for but maybe it is getting close to the end of the contracts.)

Good theory. I like it.

If you're right, then I'd personally like to see them go with this angle (as far as actually utilizing what's been presented) that house mentioned:

Quote:
These numbers remind me of the cookie baking/rating vlog. But, we're dealing with the same numbers: 10 and 12. The 7 is the oddity. But, I suppose you'd have to pick some hour (even if it was just random) when you're using clocks. My husband proposed that, if you fall back an hour (as we're supposed to do tonight), the time would actually be 6:10 and 6:12. So, that could tie in the year 06'. Leaving 12-10-06 as the pertinant date.

I also think this would be a good way to take things because of the Watchmen reference. On Daniel's YouTube profile, it's listed as one of his favorite books. If any of you know anything about that book, then you know that the appearance of clocks, watches, etc. are a major reoccurring theme throughout, and that it's a very nuanced story with lots of subtext. There's also lots of visual clues placed throughout that -- upon looking at again after finishing -- make so much sense that it's like rediscovering the story even though you just finished it (this kind of reminds me of the visual clues we were given in the LG15 saga).

So, if the creators would like to get some input from us, I would like to see what house suggested, and for the reasons I've described. More specificially, I'd like to see the Order make one last shot at Bree for a ceremony on December 10, with Daniel coming to the rescue. After that, for however much time the actors have left in their contracts (hopefully it will last up to Christmas; edit: omegawoman, thanks for confirming that they will last at least that long), we get things settling back into the way they used to be, and then a happy final video that sends things off on Christmas Eve.

So I'm going to say it. Just in case it helps.

Last edited by Lurker on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
This is getting really interesting, even eerie... to me at least.

Yes, a way to measure longitude is to keep good time!

Wikipedia wrote:
The tragic wrecking of the British fleet led by Sir Cloudesley Shovell led to the British Longitude Act, which created the Longitude Prize for anyone who could devise a practical method of determining longitude at sea. This was eventually achieved by John Harrison with his chronometer;

Ahh, I knew that book cover seemed familiar. Harrison spent 40 years perfecting his clock design before he had one that earned him the prize. But even then, the Board had become so skeptic about anyone winning the 70 year-old prize that it attributed Harrison's success to just luck, and didn't pay him! He waited 2 more years and only the King's intervention got him the money. He died only 3 years later. A very good read.

Here's the eerie part...

A couple of days ago I was researching Gemma, and read about this Gemma Frisius guy. Didn't look like anything interesting until now...

Wikipedia wrote:
[Gemma Frisius] was the first to describe how an accurate clock could be used to determine longitude.

Hmm... Gemma just needs a good clock. Harrisson provides one (only 220 years later!).

But that's not all. This time I read the whole article until the very end. The last thing mentioned is a name that gave me goosebumps: turns out John Dee was Gemma's student!

Is this too much 6-degree stuff? Can't be coincidence.

Nobody is going to point out how this person posted their first 3 messages today, all of which are very info heavy and just happened to be post at the exact time they needed to be for some of it to be relevant? If deagol is not a creator my apologizes to you but I'm pretty convinced at this point. I those posts and thought wow...they aren't even trying to hide that it's them. Again if your not a creator my apologizes but perhaps you should post some "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" stuff before posting a page worth of mindblowingly indepth content.
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
house wrote:
It's NOT a globe base. The globe's base is attached. WHAT IS THAT THING?

It's called an ALARM CLOCK...see...back before the digital computer age..clocks had BELLS on them.

It's from about the same era as record albums. I was in a music store the other day and actually heard a young person (12 or so) ask why they say Eminem made an "album" because what was an album anyway? The Dad-ish person with him tried to explain vinyl, and the kid was really puzzled.

Back OT: So I guess the second clock, since it's not showing us a time, s just there to call more attention to time itself?
JanLeSueur
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time on the clock is obviously important. Apparently, the creators felt they really needed to drive that home, so they selected TIME Magazine as the mag for Daniel to read, a NYT bestseller for Bree to read, and showed us an alarm clock.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...you guys..her stuff on her bottom shelf moves..

I know I mentioned the things down there before and everyone basically said not to worry about it--but if it wasn't important, then why is it being moved around?

nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can logically think of from the time..

7, 10, 12

12/10/07

December 10th 2007.
JanLeSueur
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:

7, 10, 12

12/10/07

December 10th 2007.

I posted my own theory regarding the time here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2555
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I hope you guys figure something out. I'm sitting this one out as I was bored to tears watching this. If the creators did, infact, listen to those of you who wanted this cutesy crap back, I am personally going to find all of you and slap you silly.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
Nobody is going to point out how this person posted their first 3 messages today, all of which are very info heavy and just happened to be post at the exact time they needed to be for some of it to be relevant? If deagol is not a creator my apologizes to you but I'm pretty convinced at this point. I those posts and thought wow...they aren't even trying to hide that it's them. Again if your not a creator my apologizes but perhaps you should post some "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" stuff before posting a page worth of mindblowingly indepth content.

LOL I'm not related in any way to the creators, no need to apologize.

I've been lurking and reading up on all this LG15 stuff for the last week or two, a noob if you will. I'm fascinated with the social experiment aspect of this project. I never felt I had anything interesting to contribute that hadn't been mentioned by someone before, until last night. If I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I rather not distract the forum. I think most here wouldn't care much about a "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" post.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take the time this vid was posted into account; 9:06, we have three sets of numbers to look at:
7:10 7:12 9:06
December 10 1906, Crowley was recognized as Magister Templi (Master of the Temple) by George Cecil Jones.
This December would be the hundred year anniversary of that...

Edited because I'm an idiot.

Last edited by HenrySugar on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
jenfee
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilly_Avenrose wrote:

Based on Yousef's comments, it doesn't look like the series is ending anytime soon.

But I definitely buy the theory that the creators don't know where the story is going. It seems like they've thrown a FEW very obvious clues into the videos (10/12, arm bandage), but I've been thinking for awhile that the real ARG aspects of this in their minds is the interactive plot writing. This is pretty much what they said when they made their first announcements about the series (they're creating a "new art form" that's "interactive").

There my be something there with the times as clues in this video, but I think the discussions on the forums about where people want to see the plot go are probably more important.
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:

7, 10, 12

12/10/07

December 10th 2007.

i get where 7 and 10 came from, but what about 12?
Jenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a non analystic note (i dont think that's even a word) it's hilarious how daniel was so worried about everything...yet he's still gone back to reading magazines on her bed :p
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
house wrote:
It's NOT a globe base. The globe's base is attached. WHAT IS THAT THING?

It's called an ALARM CLOCK...see...back before the digital computer age..clocks had BELLS on them.

Lord Greystoke is right. That's not an alarm clock. I've owned alarm clocks with two bells on them; they don't look like that . . . thing. Take a look at the screen cap that nobackspacebutton posted . . .

Oh. Wait. Embarassed That is an alarm clock. It's just viewed from a strange angle. And it's got some kind of cute/funky design that makes it look weird.

Never mind. I'll shut up about the clock now.

I do have something that I hope is somewhat useful to add, though: seeing the reference to WATCHMEN, I went to my bookshelf and started flipping through my copy for references that might connect with lg15. I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it, so I'll just say this: the overall theme is about how people who initially seem like heroes can betray others, sometimes in horrifying ways; that the reverse can also happen, and that those who seem psychopathic can turn out in the end to be driven by a moral sense. There's a subplot about a ship attacked by pirates; the sole survivor battles desperately to get back to his hometown to warn the residents that they are about to be attacked, only to discover that he has been deluded, and that he has been separated from the rest of humanity in a horrifying fashion.

Oh, and one of the good guys is named Dan, referred to by one of the other characters as "Daniel."

Last edited by Languorous Lass on Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: