Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0062 Thanks Gemma [10/29/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
random lurker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I liked the fact that this video seems to set up a next move forward with the plot, I really didn't like Bree in this one. She seemed really condescending in this one, self-righteous. ("If people apologize, I forgive them..." I don't know, it just sounded like bragging about what a good person she is.) I think it shows her being really blind to the power of a cult.

I am still a little annoyed that Bree and (apparently) her parents are questioning the cult so suddenly and completely; I'm not sure that this is how brainwashed people behave in real situations. But even if we're supposed to buy all this and she/her parents really are breaking away from at least part of the faith, I think she's going to be proven wrong on her idea that the Order (or whatever) is going to let go so easily.

I think Bree's a little too sure of herself and is going to get taken down a peg by reality pretty soon. I'm on Gemma's side in this particular "argument."
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason they just posted this video for a second time
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really disagree that this might all be about Gemma. Why spend 60+ videos getting us attatched to Bree and Daniel, when the "real" protagonist is some British chick with veneers.

I think Gemma was just introduced to a) bank on an e-phenom or b) show what the rest of the cult might think of Bree's sudden change. Gemma is older and she knows better, Bree is very Anne Frank and 'there's good in everyone'.

My theory is the Deacons are gonna get pissed at kidnap Bree's parents and raid her house to catch her and Daniel. They better practice their barrel rolls.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone, please close your eyes, fold your hands and recite after me...

"We have faith in The Creators to create order out of chaos in this our Breenuvierse."

"May they bring resolution, closure and climax to our misguided plot."
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:

"We have faith in The Creators to create order out of chaos in this our Breenuvierse."

I would if that wasn't creepy.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:

The truth here is in "our" misguided plot. In other words, we, the fans, don't know what's happening. That's why some people are disappointed. But the Creators are telling a story, so their plot isn't misguided. It's just not what we expect!

I love that it's not what we expect and that it's changing regularly! I hope it keeps going in different directions than we expect! Smile
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:

The truth here is in "our" misguided plot. In other words, we, the fans, don't know what's happening. That's why some people are disappointed. But the Creators are telling a story, so their plot isn't misguided. It's just not what we expect!

I love that it's not what we expect and that it's changing regularly! I hope it keeps going in different directions than we expect! Smile

I agree, thats what keeps it interesting. If we knew what was going to happen next, then what would be the point of watching? Rolling Eyes
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lame Reply with quote

house wrote:
I'm sorry, but that video was pretty lame.

I keep coming back to the same thought: this is entertainment, not some seventeen year old's, personal blog. If there was no pretext or pretense, then videos wherein nothing really happens would be okay. But, the creators are weaving a story and asking thousands of people to invest time and energy...and to become involved/invested. Ever since the fake ceremony, there's been nothing really captivating about Bree. Ok. She's decided not to do the ceremony. Now what? *crickets chirp* I hate to sound like the typical American that likes instant gratification, but this is entertainment and...dammit'... this needs to go somewhere.

Ooooh, House, I think this video just proves that something really bad is about to happen. Isn't that total horror-flick convention? Things get tense, then they're seemingly resolved, and everyone relaxes . . . so that BAM! When the awful thing really happens, no one's expecting it.

We just got two videos in a row assuring us that everything is All Right and that Bree's parents are taking care of everything. Two.

This evidence tells me that either:

*Bree's parents can't be trusted after all, and are about to betray her; or
*Bree's parents can be trusted, but the Deacons can't, and Bree's about to wind up in some very, very deep shit, from which Daniel (maybe helped by her parents) will have to rescue her.

iris2009 wrote:
inless her parents are involved. with such high power.

And they are using Gemma as a delima.

Um . . . what's a delima?

The idea that if Bree backs out, Gemma will somehow have to be involved, is really intriguing. Maybe The Community will play the two of them off against each other: Gemma knows what the ceremony is about, knows that it will involve great bodily harm (if not actual death) for Bree, and is told by the Deacons that she, Gemma, can save Bree -- if she agrees to undergo the ceremony in Bree's place. Then they tell Bree the same thing about Gemma. Which of them will prove more worthy (by agreeing to be sacrificed to save someone else)?

Last edited by Languorous Lass on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
arammat
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lame Reply with quote

house wrote:
I'm sorry, but that video was pretty lame.

I keep coming back to the same thought: this is entertainment, not some seventeen year old's, personal blog. If there was no pretext or pretense, then videos wherein nothing really happens would be okay. But, the creators are weaving a story and asking thousands of people to invest time and energy...and to become involved/invested. Ever since the fake ceremony, there's been nothing really captivating about Bree. Ok. She's decided not to do the ceremony. Now what? *crickets chirp* I hate to sound like the typical American that likes instant gratification, but this is entertainment and...dammit'... this needs to go somewhere.

You...you.. TYPICAL AMERICAN, you! Very Happy How's that for an insult? Seriously, I think they are trying to make this seem like real time, so things aren't going to be all neatly tied up in a half an hour like on t.v. Give it time to build to the next peak of action. We had fake ceremony, Daniel breaking into Lucy's, Daniel on the run, Daniel and Bree making up, Bree telling her parents it's a no-go on the ceremony. I'd expect at least a couple of days before something else big happens.

Tammy, trying hard not to be a TYPICAL AMERICAN!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minsky wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

I agree, thats what keeps it interesting. If we knew what was going to happen next, then what would be the point of watching? Rolling Eyes

My post was meant as a joke, but in all seriousness, I of course don't want things to happen as I expect them to, I only want something to happen. and resolusion of at least some of the loose ends
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
minsky wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

My post was meant as a joke, but in all seriousness, I of course don't want things to happen as I expect them to, I only want something to happen. and resolusion of at least some of the loose ends

It's all good. Wink Laughing I agree some of the loose ends do need to start being tied up. Maybe that will start happening soon . Wink
byoung
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new vid by gemma...they disappeared?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: