Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniel's character development

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fnordly
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Daniel's character development Reply with quote

Hello folks.

I don't know if you noticed that Daniel, in his response videos, usually stops short of giving his exact opinion on anything. It's as if they are trying to keep his real thoughts and intentions very ambiguous. We only get hints, or quotes from Bree about his thinking.

We don't know enough about Daniel yet. Bree is the main character interest, but Daniel is the lever that is making things happen, for good or ill. We need to hear him really express an opinion, and put himself on one side or the other of the issues that arise. Is he determined? Confused? Angry?

What is Daniel's family scene like? Does he have an absent or missing father, and so is unsure how to deal maturely with his burgeoning interest in Bree, and the possible real trouble he could be in, being an 18 year old adult and sneaking around with a 16 year old? (I don't know about California, but he could get in legal trouble doing that stuff down here in NC.)

So, creators, give us a bit more of what's really happening in Daniel's mind.
busterP
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! Here that creators, post more Danielbeast vids! He's only got 5 to Bree's 30+! I thought he was supposed to be the one that got Bree to set up her Youtube account. Seems pretty unlikey that he would only have five posts...

That's actually the only thing I've found hard to believe, so far.
o6server
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Daniel is hiding something. He doesn't like to speak to the camera. He just likes having Bree on video. He doesn't like to interact with her too much - hence doing his own thing on the bed.

Daniel should start posting and give his versions of what happened. Maybe he's negotiating his contract haha. I'm sure Daniel is not homeschooled. He could have a more interesting life.

Hah, funny how "Was it a date?" stated 2 new things:

1. Daniel is banned from the house now. But who will do all the video editing for Bree now? We will only see Daniel if Bree sneaks out?

2. Video blogging is the "only" way for Bree and Daniel to talk now. By the creator's decree, they may not talk on the phone - just so we'll have more video blogs.
Big10
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Daniel's character development Reply with quote

fnordly wrote:
So, creators, give us a bit more of what's really happening in Daniel's mind.

Yes, but not just his mind -- more of his daily activities in general. We know that he graduated from high school in the spring, so he should have started college by now and/or be working (or at least looking for a job).
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I'd like to see more of daniel. The only thing we know about him is that he thinks "religion is weird." and even then, we don't know what led him to that conclusion.

hopefully someone out there will take notice of this thread
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok..I pasted this from another thread..

katz31 wrote:
Well, I believe Daniel is the good guy too--if he is wanting to save Bree from being sacrificed in a religion that many people would consider evil.

So the parallels would show the roles they are playing but in a kind of reversed way--good luring the innocent away from evil, rather than evil luring the innocent away from good.

It's not a perfect "theory" but I thought it help.

This whole thing makes me think about a quote from Napolean Hill in his book..."Think and Grow Rich"(I am pretty sure it's this one..anyway..Hill says,
"The person you will be 5 years from now is determined by the books you read and the people you associate with".

Now..I know this is a story..but... Look at Daniel's choice in reading material. He's reading stories about HEROES(though flawed) fighting against Evil and for survival...I think this tells us that Daniel wants to be a hero...and will try..and make a lot of mistakes.

However, I think that the creators made a LOT of choices to lead us down a bunch of paths at once....

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Joel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i definitely agree, for a show that only has two characters you think you'd know a lot more about one of them (daniel) than we do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: