Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Bree is so sheltered, why is DB always in her room?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traegorn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Bree takes her religion that seriously, and her parents know it, and - if the theory of her performing the part of the Virgin in the gnostic mass is true - her parents might just understand how seriously she takes that and trust her on it... while they might not trust her not to do other things, like drugs, drinking, etc.

Sex is not a parent's only concern
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Big10
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One assumption that is not automatic for me is the assertion that Bree's parents are "conservative." Our only basis for that is because Bree and Daniel say so. However, what 16 or 18 year olds don't think their parents should let them have more autonomy? Wink

My loose understanding of Thelema is that the adults are not socially conservative at all. However, even "liberal" parents can still want to shield their attractive 16-year-old daughter from some of the perils of the outside world, and put some limits on her activities (including not attending parties thrown by kids whose parents they don't know). So, what other evidence is in the videos that Bree's parents are more "conservative" than normal?

By the way, I thought it was clarified (somewhere) that Bree's parents didn't even completely forbid her from going hiking the first time -- they just said they'd be "disappointed" if she went. (Maybe she just hadn't done all her chores or studying or whatever.) She was also able to go swimming with Daniel (alone) the weekend after her play.

My hypothesis is that the parents developed some trust in Daniel (before the party episode), and thought he wasn't very threatening. Daniel may have also seemed sympathetic to their religion, since he showed up at the camp the previous summer. Furthermore, Bree could have repeatedly told her parents that she didn't have any romantic interest in Daniel, so they didn't worry about anything sexual happening.

Even though this is all fictional, the scenario I've just described seems like a "realistic" explanation for the guy-in-Bree's-closed-bedroom concept.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o6server wrote:
Quite clear the 3 male creators are not very knowledgable about how parents overprotect their children.

Bed and chair, right, Bree is so neat there are never new items lieing around. No half done chores lieing around either. No talk about outside weather, something happening in the world today, and nothing interesting going on with her family. She is lonely yet she chooses to stay in her room even more. And Bree's life just consists of Daniel issues.

The thing is you have to remember that these are very short videos. You don't really know what happens when she's not shooting them, and she doesn't tell you everything that goes on either, otherwise we would know all these things about her family and religion. Besides, if I was going to be on camera and knew the world would be watching, I'd try to keep my room as clean as possible or at least clean it up beforehand.

Also, to respond to the first post, I think we can rule out the theory that her parents know about the webcam. If they did, they would know by now about Daniel and Bree kissing (gasp) and I'm guessing they wouldn't approve if they knew about it considering they banned him from the house.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
The whole virginity theory disturbs me. This started out as a very innocent and charming series. It has become slightly darker, but veering off into the realm of needing to keep/lose virginity it disturbing. It has drawn in a very young audience and I can't believe anyone would even consider having virginity having any sort of relation to their plot. While I am positive it is not related to the plot, if it did it'd be wildly inappropriate. Also now that they've gotten all this national press, can any of you imagine her virginity being a part of it? That'd just weird everyone out.

And especially if a part of the theory is she needs to lose her virginity for the ceremony, or will lose it in the ceremony?! That'd imply her viewers would need to see something to suggest that happened, or at least hear about it described to them if that was actually a part of the plot. As I said, wildly inappropriate.

Well, the thing about this whole virginity thing is that the creators never intended for Daniel to like Bree until the viewers suggested it. Well, we at least know it wasn't in the original storyline anyhow but who knows where it can go from here on out. Since they never intended for Daniel to like Bree, that would explain why the parents wouldn't have any problems with Daniel at the beginning.
emmkayy
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: maybe they think Reply with quote

maybe they think shes responsible enough...

BUT this is all fake soooo what?
emmkayy
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: maybe they think Reply with quote

maybe they think shes responsible enough...

BUT this is all fake soooo what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: