Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode 0079 Survival Skills [11/20/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it. I keep trying to read up on the OpAphid stuff and get lost. I've read the dang LGpedia.

Well, I hope they do a "OpAphid for Dummies"

I liked it better when Cassie was scaring the crap out of me.

Oh, and why is Daniel so pissed off?
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with everyone who said that if we have to keep up with OpAphid to stay on top of the LG15 story, I'm out. As it is, I usually end up watching the videos and checking the forums while i'm at work. The lst thing I need is to be caught working out some cryptic quadratic equation while i'm supposed to be getting a return on investment report ready or something :lol

Really, I'm watching this to be entertained. Not to think.

Moving right along...what the heck got Daniel's panties in a twist.

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
bout time daniel starts getting P.O.ed. maybe we will get a dan venting video next
Here, here.
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are not familiar with OpAphid/Tachyon...

OpAphid is an organization that guards the secrets of the Order

Tachyon betrayed the Order

"Brother" is Tach's partner

There really isn't no Story, thats basically it, all there is to Op is solving puzzles that lead to more puzzles, people seem to really enjoy that, cause they get to interact with others...OMG SO MUCH FUN!
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Nightmare wrote:

I think it was because Bree would'nt say anything about her "community"when he asked her.
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with everyone who said that if we have to keep up with OpAphid to stay on top of the LG15 story, I'm out. As it is, I usually end up watching the videos and checking the forums while i'm at work. The lst thing I need is to be caught working out some cryptic quadratic equation while i'm supposed to be getting a return on investment report ready or something :lol

Really, I'm watching this to be entertained. Not to think.

Well, his life has been unnecessarily interupted, he is living in hotels knowing that the money will eventually run out, Bree is in total denial and no help at all, his life could be in danger (despite that Bree continues to make videos)...take your pick. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone saying they won't stay around if OpAphid is a part of the series? I think the story needed a twist and new characters, as it was dragging. It's not too much to ask to watch a few 3 minute (tops, some are just seconds) vids to get the background; no one said you had to explore every little thing about them, like we do Bree's and Daniel's vids. This is a picker-upper, IMO.
goblynn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree--she's not giving him any information, and instead makes a video of herself playing with her stuffed friends.

Again, where's the concern, Bree?
Virginia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khjq wrote:
For those who are not familiar with OpAphid/Tachyon...

OpAphid is an organization that guards the secrets of the Order

Tachyon betrayed the Order

"Brother" is Tach's partner

There really isn't no Story, thats basically it, all there is to Op is solving puzzles that lead to more puzzles, people seem to really enjoy that, cause they get to interact with others...OMG SO MUCH FUN!

THANK YOU. At least that should be enough info to keep me in the loop.
TheChessboardWoman
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone brought this up, but...

What the hell is up with this comment (comment #81):

"Deacons Says:
November 20th, 2006 at 7:00 pm
[Arabic] we understand your message. Your acknowledgment of what we have come to believe to be true has been received.

The Manteuomai has a message he says [Hebrew] is with you and “Galatians is the key.”

Your birth parents have said they know of a way to communicate with you through language they said they have taught you. You will receive the message from them in a way only you will understand it will be broadcasted for you on the ‘morrow.

We know that the Assembly of the Sacred Wheel is attempting to ‘free’ you. If you need money, supplies, or protection proceed to location 33n57, 117w24.

The Grottoes will help you.

[Arabic] remember Galatians is the key."

Apparently the coordinates are a housing complex in Riverside?

EDIT - Wrong town/city name...
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:

I think it was because Bree would'nt say anything about her "community"when he asked her.

It might also be a case of blue balls
Virginia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iqfrenzy wrote:
Why is everyone saying they won't stay around if OpAphid is a part of the series? I think the story needed a twist and new characters, as it was dragging. It's not too much to ask to watch a few 3 minute (tops, some are just seconds) vids to get the background; no one said you had to explore every little thing about them, like we do Bree's and Daniel's vids. This is a picker-upper, IMO.

I'm beginning to feel like the creators need to do just that: create. If they continue to rely so heavily on fan opinions, the story will continue to stall because they are too worried about keeping everyone happy. To put little bits and pieces in from fan ideas is nice (the cookies back in the beginning), but to throw in whole sub stories and change the entire feel and plot due to fan ideas is over the top and the main reason the series is dragging.

I think they should get back to what they were doing in the meantime, and stick to some sort of predetermined plot. It seems lately that they have abandoned that idea completley.

Just my opinion, of course. Maybe this is all a predetermined script, but it sure doesn't feel like it.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is really exciting. They must be sticking to a plan. They made all these mysterious characters that they have now merged and are going to tie in to the storyline. I think this could be just what we've all been yearning to complete our emptiness since the disappearance of CiW. This means we'll have answers, fulfillment, etc. We won't just be spending days at a time refreshing pages and complaining that we're bored and need a new video. We'll be involved in the thought, the analysis, the clues, all over again. It's definitely an exciting addition, in my opinion. I had a hard time grasping OpAphid, too, but once I finally reached a moment of clarity, it really fell into place quite well. It's pretty awesome.
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all OpAphid does is give me a headache.
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia wrote:
iqfrenzy wrote:

I'm beginning to feel like the creators need to do just that: create. If they continue to rely so heavily on fan opinions, the story will continue to stall because they are too worried about keeping everyone happy. To put little bits and pieces in from fan ideas is nice (the cookies back in the beginning), but to throw in whole sub stories and change the entire feel and plot due to fan ideas is over the top and the main reason the series is dragging.

I think they should get back to what they were doing in the meantime, and stick to some sort of predetermined plot. It seems lately that they have abandoned that idea completley.

Just my opinion, of course. Maybe this is all a predetermined script, but it sure doesn't feel like it.
If you viewed the "nightline" interview with the creators, they said that storylines they had been working on for a long time were coming to fruition. I, for one, think this has been a long time in the planning. I have thought from day one of OpAphid that it was canon, and I never waivered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: