Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encouraging phone harassment through puzzles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scalare
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Encouraging phone harassment through puzzles Reply with quote

Well, now that Oppy is officially canon I guess I can voice my concerns about it here. Totally OOG though.
First of all, let me congratulate you on the best puzzle I've ever played in the history of OpAphid. It was so great to see so many musical pieces come together in one big puzzle that led us through a few craigslist pages and 2 voicemails, ultimately leading us to "brother/10033"'s youtube profile and a nice finishing voicemail. For those who don't know, a few questions were asked about some songs, which alltogether went through a math formula and ended up resulting in a phone number which you should call for getting

What concerns me about this puzzle though ist hat many people started calling the numbers they had gotten, which they thought was right, but had no way of actually checking it other than actually calling the phone number and harassing a lot of people in the process. In the end, I think around 50 false phone numbers were dialed, some even multiple times and in inconvenient times.

In retrospect, don't you agree that you could've done this differently? I don't think an ARG should have such a grappling influence on people's night rest and patience.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Encouraging phone harassment through puzzles Reply with quote

Scalare wrote:
Well, now that Oppy is officially canon I guess I can voice my concerns about it here. Totally OOG though.
First of all, let me congratulate you on the best puzzle I've ever played in the history of OpAphid. It was so great to see so many musical pieces come together in one big puzzle that led us through a few craigslist pages and 2 voicemails, ultimately leading us to "brother/10033"'s youtube profile and a nice finishing voicemail. For those who don't know, a few questions were asked about some songs, which alltogether went through a math formula and ended up resulting in a phone number which you should call for getting

What concerns me about this puzzle though ist hat many people started calling the numbers they had gotten, which they thought was right, but had no way of actually checking it other than actually calling the phone number and harassing a lot of people in the process. In the end, I think around 50 false phone numbers were dialed, some even multiple times and in inconvenient times.

In retrospect, don't you agree that you could've done this differently? I don't think an ARG should have such a grappling influence on people's night rest and patience.

god grow some balls .... who cares, i say its there fault for having that phone number!

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a lot of people dialing #s before the puzzle was solved or double checking work, verifying answers.

People should use common sense when playing. Just like randomly trying to make connections, or driving out to places on a hunch.

I don't think any game can lock something down to overcome people's stupid impulses!
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
I read a lot of people dialing #s before the puzzle was solved or double checking work, verifying answers.

People should use common sense when playing. Just like randomly trying to make connections, or driving out to places on a hunch.

I don't think any game can lock something down to overcome people's stupid impulses!

oooo was that inuendo aimed at me by any chance?

covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
covedweller wrote:

for once, no. but you owe me $500.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
iamcool wrote:
covedweller wrote:

for once, no. but you owe me $500.

which is like 75p, its in the mail

tech4u2hire
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another episode of: Proving Darwin right

*tech4u2hire hands out gold stars for the phone callers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: