Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Account banned from chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Account banned from chat Reply with quote

I feel I was a victim to random punishment in this case. I was in the official lonelygirl15 chat with Bree, asking the occasional question but mostly watching the massive amount of text scroll in the chat. I kept in character, and I kept my language clean. I did not spam, I changed my font when asked.

Suddenly I was banned. I came back in as a guest, asking why I was banned, and got banned once more.

My question: WHY? If your chat is overflowing, please just shut it down or boot people off for a while. Don't ban my account. I did nothing wrong.

I'm pretty disappointed in how this crowd was handled. Looks like you need more bandwidth.

<3 Danielbeast <3
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Account banned from chat Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
I feel I was a victim to random punishment in this case. I was in the official lonelygirl15 chat with Bree, asking the occasional question but mostly watching the massive amount of text scroll in the chat. I kept in character, and I kept my language clean. I did not spam, I changed my font when asked.

Suddenly I was banned. I came back in as a guest, asking why I was banned, and got banned once more.

My question: WHY? If your chat is overflowing, please just shut it down or boot people off for a while. Don't ban my account. I did nothing wrong.

I'm pretty disappointed in how this crowd was handled. Looks like you need more bandwidth.

Honestly Morgan, how could they handle that crowd? No one was being respectful of the situation.

I don't know why you were banned, and I don't know if you deserved it or not, but it was out of control and I don't think the admins are the ones that need to be blamed here. It was the crowd, and the crowd got ugly.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Account banned from chat Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Honestly Morgan, how could they handle that crowd? No one was being respectful of the situation.

I don't know why you were banned, and I don't know if you deserved it or not, but it was out of control and I don't think the admins are the ones that need to be blamed here. It was the crowd, and the crowd got ugly.

A crowd as a whole is very rude. You have to expect that. I do feel for the admins, I know they were stressed. I know because they were taking out their frustrations by banning excess users. While keeping in mind that this is a big, difficult task that was put on tonight; I still feel wronged by having my account permanently banned. I know I did nothing to violate Terms Of Service.

And with that, I hope improvements are made. I do plan on making a monetary donation as soon as my budget allows, so I'm not just a whiner. I am a fan. And I hope innocent fans are treated better in the future.

<3 Danielbeast <3
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ban was probably accidental. We're working to fix things. Thanks for being a fan. It will be MUCH better next time. We didn't expect this many people... it was amazing.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
The ban was probably accidental. We're working to fix things. Thanks for being a fan. It will be MUCH better next time. We didn't expect this many people... it was amazing.

There have been a number of people banned from the chat for no reason. I was banned about a week ago by a moderator who acted in a VERY nonprofessional manner. I took great offense to this, as I had done nothing wrong.

My suggestion: keep a shorter leash on your chat admins or you're going to end up with a lot of unhappy fans.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:

there cant of been anymore than 500 coz the most people ever on the forum is only 497, n u had to be on the forum to get to the chat ... so 350000 is complete and utter bs, u guys just arent prepared, like me and a lot of other people where saying for 2 straight days .... u really need to listen 2 ur fans

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Jenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
The Creators wrote:

there cant of been anymore than 500 coz the most people ever on the forum is only 497, n u had to be on the forum to get to the chat ... so 350000 is complete and utter bs, u guys just arent prepared, like me and a lot of other people where saying for 2 straight days .... u really need to listen 2 ur fans

You didnt need to go through the forum to get on the chat, you just needed a URL to the chat.

And plus - they had to click onto the forum at first, but then you could click off.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenna wrote:
iamcool wrote:
The Creators wrote:

You didnt need to go through the forum to get on the chat, you just needed a URL to the chat.

And plus - they had to click onto the forum at first, but then you could click off.

yeh but if there was 350000 people, i'm guessin 500 people would have been on the forum at once

ther was a max of 600 people

Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:

Thank you. Smile

<3 Danielbeast <3
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
Jenna wrote:
iamcool wrote:
The Creators wrote:

yeh but if there was 350000 people, i'm guessin 500 people would have been on the forum at once

ther was a max of 600 people

350,000 people? Yeah right...how about 1166 refreshes by 300?

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an admin for the chat i can honestly vouche that the ban may have been accidental.
It was very difficult to scroll around the chat and make sure the RIGHT people were banned.
THere were quite a few accidental bans last night, and we are working right now to fix those.

Please understand how difficult it was for us admins to keep track of everyone. There were quite a few people going in and out and hard to keep track of the scrolling.

Apologies rom everyone

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High end max of fans caring enough to even want to bother with the chat (imagine how many refreshed the main page and never did go to the forum) I estimate around 2000.

If there were 350,000 actual fans, then a whole lot of people haven't clicked that paypal button.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the term used was 350,000 HITS...which IS valid because each hit puts a strain on the system.
I ask everyone complaining..HOW do you support the site? Do you watch on LG15 and click the ads at the end? Do you donate money? Or are you just too lazy to make a simple click on and ad to increase the revenues available to make the WHOLE site better?

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i click the adds but i'm a 16 year old with xmas soon so i dnt have a lot of money Sad

TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure they couldnt control no one. so the resorted to banning.

or Like the creator said was a Accident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: