Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video tags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mijajane
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Video tags Reply with quote

I was looking at the video tags for this video because of all the comments made. I admit I never paid attention to them. One of them was "aye-aye" which happens to be the name of an animal. This one struck me the most because it was such an odd one rather than the normal "park" "bowling" "LG15" etc.

Found this entry in Wikipedi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye-aye

The Aye-aye is not only an endangered species because its habitat is being destroyed, but also due to native superstition. Besides being a general nuisance in villages, ancient Malagasy legend said that the Aye-aye was a symbol of death. It is viewed as a good omen in some areas, however, but these areas are a minority...However, public contempt goes beyond this. The Aye-aye is often viewed as a harbinger of evil and killed on sight. Others believe that should one point its long middle finger at you, you were condemned to death. Some say the appearance of an Aye-aye in a village predicts the death of a villager, and the only way to prevent this is to kill the Aye-aye. The Saklava people go so far as to claim Aye-ayes sneak into houses through the thatched roofs and murder the sleeping occupants by using their middle finger to puncture the victim's aorta.
girl4allseasons
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked that up too, and I admit it SEEMS like a clue, but it doesn't connect somehow...
mijajane
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

Yea, I agree with you actually even though i created the topic. It just seems weird that someone would go to the trouble of creating tags for such random things. I admit the harbinger idea may have some merit but there must be a more intriguing way to give that idea instead of some obscure reference to an animal. Smile But i like a good scavenger hunt.

If they do start handing out more clues and becoming more interactive, will they be as obvious as 10-12-06 or the altar for Crowley?
Just1Juliet
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i immediately thought it had to do with Jess's interview where the title of this series is called "The Children of Anchor Cove" ... anchor cove, aye aye... but with all the other obscure tags being animals, i can see this being one as well. not to mention it sounds better too Wink
starky32
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: a thought Reply with quote

couldn't the aye-aye be symbolic of danger and death being on the horizon? it goes along with the perceptions of aye-ayes that you have listed...just an idea
Chupacabra
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaah. That's really really creepy about the aye-aye puncturing people's aorta's with it's finger. That really creeps me out. I'm going to have nightmares about that now... Gah.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chupacabra wrote:
Aaaaah. That's really really creepy about the aye-aye puncturing people's aorta's with it's finger. That really creeps me out. I'm going to have nightmares about that now... Gah.

Aw, they don't really. They're so ugly they're cute. Smile The finger is used to tap on wood and to fish out grubs. No aortae involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: