Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bree's behaviour lately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree aka Lonelygirl15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Bree's behaviour lately Reply with quote

many have commented lately about Bree's behaviour. She doesn't seem to care much that here parents are missing. She takes the stuffed animals waaay too seriously, and basiclly acts immuture.

This made me think of Defence mechanisms. And how people who are in emotional pain sometimes act, by denial etc.

Bree's childish behaviour may be regression. Bree tries mentally to go back in time, a time where things were easier, to deal with her problems.

When it comes to the stuffed animal. This defence mecanism called 'Introjection' (I think) is when you identify yourself with surten objects, so much that you start acting like it's a part of you.
weetziebat05
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes perfect sense... I remember studying this in psychology. That could be what has happened with Bree, hence her complete bewilderment when Daniel blew up at her for "not taking this seriously".
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say it's less serious than regression (i have a mom who regresses when she's really traumatized so i've experienced it first-hand). yess, regressive elements, but i'd say more the humor defense mechanism that people like my sister exhibit. wanna talk about regression? when it's a real bad stressful situation, she makes fart and poop jokes! and she's almost 23! (ok, if she saw this, she'd totally kill me for saying it!) see? regression elements but mainly comedy defense. maybe bree is more into props like carrot top is! LOL
CoeMia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that Bree is not showing the concern/worry that we would expect from the normal person (whatever normal means). However, I don't put much stock in the regression theory.

Bree's recent behavior isn't much different than her previous behavior. She has acted this way from the beginning. She didn't begin acting like this after her parents were taken, etc... She has always conversed with her stuffed animals, been overly playful, and failed to realize the gravity of the situation.

Bree is just quirky that way.
danielandbreefan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so where is the chatroom that bree is supposedly going to be in later today?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielandbreefan wrote:
so where is the chatroom that bree is supposedly going to be in later today?

The chat was last night. The Creators should be posting a transcript.
breecheese
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the videos started, it appeared that the stuffed animals were used as props to make the videos more interesting. it was new and cute and added to bree's kooky personality. now, bree is relying entirely too much on these "pals." honestly, i am starting to prefer the videos from the other characters simply because i'm sick of watching videos where a girl sits and talks to inanimate objects.
bastardkiss
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else is she supposed to do? She and Daniel are always getting into little tiffs. They're probably sick of eachother by now. Gemma is in London, she can't physically interact with her, and now for some reason Bree believes that she should travel to Jonas' house, a stranger who she has never met and only chatting with through videos. She's utterly lonely, P. Monkey and Owen and Thor are becoming like real friends to her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree aka Lonelygirl15 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: