Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EW online blurb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: EW online blurb Reply with quote

Just a small blurb in a discussion on another subject, but it looks like the Revver people do not believe that the Creators are bleeding money....

Steven Starr:
Quote:
Lonelygirl15 is making a substantial amount of money on a weekly basis just by being online."

Find the article in it's entirety here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/reuters/0,24012,1564384_10_0_,00.html
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that they're trying to big up there own service here.

I've no doubt that the creators are making some money from revver but i doubt its much more than production costs
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trunbuns wrote:
I suspect that they're trying to big up there own service here.

I've no doubt that the creators are making some money from revver but i doubt its much more than production costs

Yeah, I'm sure you're completely right. Just trying to pay the actors probably wipes out any profit they make.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything about Revvers or LG15 on the page you linked to. Could you check again and see if you have a better link? Thanks.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
I don't see anything about Revvers or LG15 on the page you linked to. Could you check again and see if you have a better link? Thanks.

LOL, yep, it's there. When I said it was a small blurb, I meant small! It's almost to the end of the article, in the paragraph that starts "Steven Starr, CEO of Revver".

The quote I posted was basically the entire mention of lg15.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean it's in the SNL article? Dang. Embarassed I missed that completely.

Yep, there it is, all right. Thanks, silvermoon.

(BTW, would you mind if I called you "moonie"? I keep wanting to type it when I'm responding to one of your posts. No connection with the Reverend Moon is intended.)
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
You mean it's in the SNL article? Dang. Embarassed I missed that completely.

Yep, there it is, all right. Thanks, silvermoon.

(BTW, would you mind if I called you "moonie"? I keep wanting to type it when I'm responding to one of your posts. No connection with the Reverend Moon is intended.)

Go right ahead, lol, that's fine!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone with just a couple revver videos of my own, (yeah I uploaded some stuff to it just to see what it was like), I highly doubt they are making a 'substantial amount' of money, that's just them promoting themselves.
It's hard to gauge how much one will make from a video, since its all subjective and depends on how many of your viewers click the ads I believe... but my videos have gotten about 1500 views total. For that I've made a little over 6 dollars. I believe each LG15 video on Revver gets about 10,000 hits. If we just use the approximation of $6 per 1500 views (it's hard to say for sure, but I can't imagine it being significantly great) then we can say at best each video makes roughly ($6 per 1500 times 2 = $12 per 3000)... so let's just say one video got higher than average hits so it's like 12000 hits for one video = $36.

I don't know how many hits the early videos get, because they've already been seen and most people don't have to go back to Revver to see them, so they've made something but not as much on those, but I mean it's maybe $30 each time a new video comes out. That's nothing to sneeze at, but I wouldn't call that substantial, nor will it finance an undertaking like this. Now perhaps Revver has a special deal with LG15 because they did seem to enter into a partnership, but overall it is what it is, Revver trying to promote themselves.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, HyeMew. It's illuminating.

(And no, that was not a reference to the Illuminata.) Wink
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little research on this, just out of curiosity, and wow, there can be a lot of discrepancy on how much you make! There are people with 50, 000 hits, but making virtually no money because no one clicks the ads. And there are people with a smaller amount of hits making way more money, because, assumably, their viewers are hitting the ads.

Many people are making thousands of dollars a month on Revver, because they are pushing their viewers to click on those adds.

By no means am I trying to say that the Creators are making a ton of money (or trying to hide from the fans that they are). Whatever they're making from Revver, I'm sure, doesn't even begin to cover their expenses for this project.

So make sure you click, people! It's the difference between getting to say they have a ton of hits on the videos and actually making enough money to pay the bills and keep going!
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The views on the LG15 vids are up and down, some have 6 or 7 thousand views, but I believe the vid with the most views right now is "House Arrest" with 56,523......thats alot of views Smile (If you look at the vids on Revver, it tells you the view count)

On a separate note, and I am by no means against clicking the ads (I do, everytime) but I think we should all read the faq about clicking on Revver.

Its under "making money":
http://one.revver.com/revver/go/faq

I do recall someone asking if they clicked on ads multiple times if it would count, it won't. Revver won't accept multiple clicks (on the same vid/ad) from the same IP. The video posters also aren't allowed to ask people to click on the ads. (I realize "the creators" don't, I was refering to the other video posters that silvermoon mentioned)
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
As someone with just a couple revver videos of my own, (yeah I uploaded some stuff to it just to see what it was like), I highly doubt they are making a 'substantial amount' of money, that's just them promoting themselves.

Revver is not the cash cow some people think it it. After all of my videos over the last three months, I've only made about 90 bucks. I am certain the profits the Creators have made through Revver have been helpful, but haven't made them wealthy
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even so if revver could advertise this more create a more user friendly interface and such, and create a 'clicking culture' where people do it almost by reflex (I now click all the canon vids plus any comment on this site that entertain me), theres no reason why this couldnt work for some people. Theyve missed the boat now however as i cant see anything breaking youtubes monopoly, especially now they seem to have the copyright holders in their pockets.

As much as I love youtube its almost a shame that it wasn't revver that did take off, because then people would have something real at the end of their 300,000 hits, however small
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: