Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is she useless?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sldsm
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Gemma does serve a purpose for us, the audience. Had it not been for her, we would've still thought that Bree's relgion was Thelema. I feel that though her videos seem pointless most of the time, her character serves as a bridge between the audience and Bree. Bree doesn't often DIRECTLY communicate with the audience, rather she communicates with Daniel and Gemma (and kinda Jonas) through her videos.

Also, as previously pointed out, Gemma knows much more about The Order than the audience does. Her character can shine light and nudge us in the right direction. For example, the "watcher" eye symbol on the hand of the man in the suit. What the creators can't (in)directly show us and tell us, is shown to us by Gemma.

Or, well, that's I see it. We shouldn't underestimate Gemma. Think about it, The Creators are low on money, would they really hire someone and PAY them if they didn't need them in the plot?
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma is us.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
Gemma is us.

Dude, we are waaaaaaay cooler (jk)
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:
DontHaveAClue wrote:
Gemma is us.

Dude, we are waaaaaaay cooler (jk)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
It seems as if Gemma is a representation of the forum. That's why some of her vids are nonsensical (we get off track pretty easily in some threads) while others get right to the point (ie - Bree, you're being followed dammit, pay attention!)

Instead of "Bree Chat", this character posts "forum type chatter" in video format. Her vids are all over the place because we are all over the place.

Gemma IS us. The way to keep Gemma on point is for us to stay on point.

no way! that's what our dear nikki bower's for! gemma is too suspicious; she contradicts herself, she mentions to many cliche british references that it's like she's trying to prove she's british (this is not the writers' usual style; they didn't keep trying to prove bree was a homeschooled teen; she just talked and parts of her life that were effected by that eventually came through in a less up-front way than gemma's references) and she's telling them to go back despite the fact that the parents are still gone, she has no proof that the watchers aren't watching the house (in fact, we have the opposite; oppy posted a vid of survellience footage in danny boy and bree's houses) and just tell them they should do what would end up helping the Order and the Watchers.

I say if Gemma cared for Bree, she wouldn't push the issue until after the suspicious dec 10th date.
treefunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would disagree with the idea that Gemma represents fan research. On the contrary I think that she is pretty close to who she claims to be--a defected Order member who sees what is happening to Bree, feels, compassion because her situation is not so different, and wants to help.

The reason why this might not be so clear from her videos is that she is unable to communicate explicitly because she is still being watched/harassed by the Order. Hence, her videos employ an elaborate form of double talk, where she ostensibly discusses inane and trivial aspects of her life, but is really giving coded messages/warnings to Bree.

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Double_talk

It's true that she brings up points that are discussed here, but that should come as no surprise, given that the creators have stated that they read these comments and draw upon them for material.

By the way, does anyone know where the thread was that dealt with why Gemma's "head was cut off" in "Daniel Is Right?"
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we've seen over the last 2 weeks is a subtle evolution of the Gemma character. From posing as an old friend and just another fan, to someone who appears to be more deeply involved in Bree and Daniels misfortunes than originally suspected.

The change has been so subtle that most casual viewers don't even see it, yet it's clearly reflected in the forum discussions which have gone from "I hate Gemma, what's the point?" to "There's something not right here. What are her intentions?"
Macabea13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious, what is the consensus on the Gemma is us theory now that she is more sinister? Are we generally more sinister now that we are following Op/Tachyon?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macabea13 wrote:
I am curious, what is the consensus on the Gemma is us theory now that she is more sinister? Are we generally more sinister now that we are following Op/Tachyon?

I think you may be on to something. Twisted Evil
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
I think what we've seen over the last 2 weeks is a subtle evolution of the Gemma character. From posing as an old friend and just another fan, to someone who appears to be more deeply involved in Bree and Daniels misfortunes than originally suspected.

The change has been so subtle that most casual viewers don't even see it, yet it's clearly reflected in the forum discussions which have gone from "I hate Gemma, what's the point?" to "There's something not right here. What are her intentions?"

some have mistrusted gemma from the first.
but what i really want to know is now that gemma is what she is, how do we look at everything she said before, when it was less certain that she was on the other team?
breewithcrackers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Macabea13 wrote:

I think you may be on to something. Twisted Evil

the forums are evil!!!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: